Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 71412 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]
« Reply #750 on: January 13, 2013, 09:17:50 am »

Do what any self respecting politician would do: mingle, find interesting people, introduce ourselves, kiss hands and shake babies, ask about the captain, the ship, their home planet and maybe sample some of the food and drink. In short participate in the festivities and be good to humans. Oh, oh! Try to mimic the humans dancing to the silly human music and look silly adorable. (humans still find short silly things adorable, right?)
+1

Oh, and the AI's failsafes seem preety good. I'd put one in my car if I had one.
But then again that's exactly what an AI would say to lull us into a false sense of security.
This is the GM talking, not the AI.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #751 on: January 13, 2013, 09:39:26 am »

1)Yes, but how do you know the GM isn't an AI? Or an alien? Or an alien AI? Or an AI built from the remains of a crashed alien ship that has been implanted in a human?
2)I ninja'd you, editing to indicate I was joking a few seconds before you posted.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 13, 2013, 10:01:17 am »

1)Yes, but how do you know the GM isn't an AI? Or an alien? Or an alien AI? Or an AI built from the remains of a crashed alien ship that has been implanted in a human?
Impossible, improbable, improbable, improbable. Even if those things were around, why would they be wasting their time posting the rules of AIs in a game on Bay12?

2)I ninja'd you, editing to indicate I was joking a few seconds before you posted.
Ah.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 13, 2013, 10:42:33 am »

Do what any self respecting politician would do: mingle, find interesting people, introduce ourselves, kiss hands and shake babies, ask about the captain, the ship, their home planet and maybe sample some of the food and drink. In short participate in the festivities and be good to humans. Oh, oh! Try to mimic the humans dancing to the silly human music and look silly adorable. (humans still find short silly things adorable, right?)
+1
+2
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 14, 2013, 10:26:38 pm »

Mingling is no use when you don't know who you're imngling with! You use a careful eye to pick out the humans in garb humans consider flashy. You're familiar enough to know that the leaders are usualy in the middle of the scale, with the truely decked out ones being low on the totem pole and trying to hide their status.

You spot three couples of humans, likely mating pairs. One is a man in odd uniform, with golden tassels from his shoulders and the bird-and-planet sigil that seems almost omnipresent on official human matters. His breast is bedeck with a multitude of shimmering plates of metal and the rainbow, plastic bars. You belive this means he is a member of the military, though many here seem to be of that persuasion. His wife is wearing a far plainer but much tighter red dress, and her face has been made up to accentuate her lips and eyes. You find it rather offputting, but the other humans complement her on her features.

Another is a man wearing shiny black, with a white shirt showing about his breast and a bright blue tie. On his head he wears a tall, widebrimmed hat, and a pair of armless spectacles is held via chain to his pocket. His face is clear of even the finest fur, unlike several other humans boasting full facial hair, and his lips are drawn in the weird human smile. He seems quite used to it. The woman nearby him seems to be completely disinterested in whatever he's saying, but highly interested in him. Her mouth hangs open and she vocalizes intrest in the business matters he is discussing with collegues, but the glassy nature of her gaze strikes you as bored out of her mind.

And by the side of the room, a man leans alone against the wall. His clothes are simple and relatively unadorned, his tie a soft pastel blue. His hair is disheveled, but his eyes search the room as if looking for someone. Briefly, you make eye contact. He nods and looks away sharply and pointedly. Whoever he's looking for, it's not you...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 14, 2013, 10:31:36 pm »

Talk with the bored lady. Make her less bored.
Sig

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 14, 2013, 10:50:10 pm »

Run to the center of occasions. Do all sorts of mischief, including dancing and emulation of their speech.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #757 on: January 15, 2013, 02:38:49 am »

I vote go to the man looking around. Ask him if he's a quest giver if there's anything we can help him with.

But just in case I'm outvoted, introduce ourselves to the lady and business man talk for a bit and if the conversation goes well (if he doesn't plan to strip mine the planet or sell us as slaves or something) ask to dance with her. Say that we are curious about human culture if she asks why. Or say that we thought she was one of the most interesting humans in the room (women still like compliments, right?)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 16, 2013, 11:13:18 am »

updates for the update God!

(shameless bump brought to you by the Itty Bitty Tittie Committee).

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #759 on: January 16, 2013, 11:25:26 am »

updates for the update God!

(shameless bump brought to you by the Itty Bitty Tittie Committee).
You could always post a suggestion for what to do. We seem to be in a one vote tie here between talking to the bored lady, talking to the man looking around and ...partying I suppose?

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 16, 2013, 01:54:00 pm »

in that case, lets go talk with the man looking around, maybe we can help the looking of things with our keen eyes.

(btw, this would also be my PTW) ;)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 16, 2013, 04:09:21 pm »

talk to the man looking around.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 16, 2013, 04:46:35 pm »

Talk to Mr. Shifty Eyes.  He must be A)Important, and B) Completely harmless.  And if he proves to be neither of these things and refuses to converse with you headbutt him in the pelvis.  Then pass it off as a formal goodbye amongst gobos.\
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 16, 2013, 06:54:49 pm »

You decide to walk up to Shifty-eyes, but a crowd of humans presses between you and when you emerge he's gone. In his place is a slip of paper.

You pick up the note and slip away from the party into a secluded area. Unfortunately you aren't good at reading the symbols humans make, and the note is worded oddly, further throwing you off. You'll need to find help before you can read this.

You find yourself farther from the Meshall than you thought. In fact, a quick search confirms that you can't even find your way back.

The hall curves on either side of you. Behind you are two arrows, one a bright red in color with a odd, blocky image on it. It seems to be some sort of projector, if the lines coming from it mean the same thing to the humans as they look to do to you. The blue arrow has an image of a circle, a pair of avian wings emerging from behind to give the impression of flight. A set of five-pointed stars are arranged symetrically in the circle, five in total.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 16, 2013, 06:56:24 pm »

Take the blue pill arrow.

EDIT: Huh, i misclicked and hit the link button.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:55:26 pm by rabidgam3r »
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54