Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 73062 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]
« Reply #765 on: January 16, 2013, 07:29:35 pm »

Well, duh. What else would we do, follow the wings?

(And that link seems to be broken.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #766 on: January 17, 2013, 02:36:43 am »

The shifty eyes man must surely be a Soviet spy. We must get the encoded message to the HQ to be decoded before they get away with the disk or all will be lost. Follow the blue arrow!

I just hope the message was actually for us and not whoever he was looking for or else it will be really awkward.

Maybe the AI can help us translate the message if we ask very politely?

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 17, 2013, 03:35:23 pm »

This seems like a NATO exercise.  So we must follow the enemy.
ONWARD TO ORANGE!
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 18, 2013, 04:32:41 pm »

A short walk down the hallway in the direction of the blue arrow lands you at the top of a stairwell, panting heavily. But you pay your laboring lungs little heed, for above stretches great panes of glass bigger than any you've seen down on the Planet, revealing swathes of stars so vast it feels as if the entrance of the universe is within arms reach.

You're on the "top" of the ship, according to the artificial gravity, and surrounded by blazing green blades of strange grass. They're such a vibrant green it almost hurts your eyes to look at it, and by the feel on your legs they're almost bladelike, only leaving you uncut by virtue of how soft they are.

Great greenleaf trees stretch high above your head, larger than any you've ever seen. Some sweep dangling branches down into a crystal clear lake of water, while others scrape along the glass at the top, as if reaching for the stars themselves.

You sense you've startles something, and you turn slightly to find yourself almost face to face with a brown creature. It's covered with downy fur, a mottled brown on top and pure white on the bottom. A short fuzzy tail stands straight up behind it, and it looks at you sideways, because it's eyes are mounted on the sides of it's head. They too are brown, but with huge black pupils, dialated with fear. It's nostrils flare slightly, taking in your scent, and it scuffles a bit, fixing it's footing for a fleet getaway.

What do you do?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 18, 2013, 05:26:25 pm »

Nothing. It's probably food.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #770 on: January 18, 2013, 05:48:35 pm »

I'm guessing goblins haven't domesticated any native animals.

If it's afraid of us then we have nothing to fear. We could just scare it away or ignore it. But we are guests in a strange place. We should try to be polite, make friends and learn more about the humans and their habits.. If the humans allow this creature to stay with them it must be somehow useful or interesting to them, like those things with the haunting moos back on the city. Bend your legs and generally try to look non-threatening. Maybe slowly extend our fist for it to smell. Failing that look around for any humans that may help us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 18, 2013, 10:02:01 pm »

Long ears or a long tail? (Aka rabbit or squirrel.)

Anyways, I suggest we just watch it, intrigued by the strange being.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 18, 2013, 10:05:15 pm »

It has a short, bushy, straight tail

Probably a chipmunk

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 19, 2013, 10:29:09 am »

Sacrifice it to the gods of biology.
In other words, a vivisection is in order.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 19, 2013, 11:57:21 am »

I am almost certain that it is a dog. I say pet it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #775 on: January 19, 2013, 12:11:42 pm »

Wait a minute. I just realized something. There's grass here. And unless it's artificial then that must mean that under it... EAT ALIEN SPACE DIRT!
(not really)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 19, 2013, 12:29:12 pm »

You reach out to pet it, but it leaps away in a blur of motion, bounding across the landscape in huge jumps. It's startlingly fast and agile.

It joins a group of creatures like it, seemingly led by one with huge, branching horns upon its head. They branch seven times from the stem, and the wicked spines look quite dangerous. If that one is indeed the leader... Perhaps you should watch your hand from now on.

You're startled from your reverie by the sound of a humans voice. You think it sounds female, but it's somewhat difficult to tell.

"Beautiful aren't zey? I come up here most days just to vatch zem live. It takes ze edge off of dealing vith Hanuman."

It is indeed a she, you see as you turn to face her. The hair on her head is a soft brown, and like most human females you've seen the hair on her body has been shorn to a shiny smoothness. Her eyes are crinkled, and her lips twisted as if in a smile, but she bares no teeth. "Willkommen. My name is Georgia."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 19, 2013, 12:32:00 pm »

They were deer....
Why did we have to anger a stag?

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 19, 2013, 01:14:07 pm »

attempt the appropriate human welcoming ritual, and introduce yourself.

tell her they are a little scary and SO very fast! also... since we seem to be lost maybe Georgia can help us out.
maybe she can also help with shiftyman note, but I'm not sure if we should show it to her.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #779 on: January 19, 2013, 04:07:13 pm »

attempt the appropriate human welcoming ritual, and introduce yourself.

tell her they are a little scary and SO very fast! also... since we seem to be lost maybe Georgia can help us out.
maybe she can also help with shiftyman note, but I'm not sure if we should show it to her.
I give zis a +1
I also zink vee must show her ze note. Zee iz ze only available human at zis moment and zee does not seem dangerous especially if zee can stand being vith Hanuman ze voll day. Zee must have ze kindness and ze patience of Amma-ah.
Vat? Vee Zermans all talk like zat!

Okay, I'll stop talking like that now.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54