Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 73490 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hatchling [Xenofiction]
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2012, 10:39:01 pm »

We appear to be a kobold.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2012, 10:41:33 pm »

These voices are obviously those of the witches that changed you from your noble insectly path down this filthy mammalian one.  Slaughter them.  And eat their heart for their strength and brains for their wisdom, maybe you can change yourself back into a noble armoured warrior, traveling the world in search of love and peace.  Okay, maybe not peace.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2012, 11:00:58 pm »

Kill.
Everything.
Pull a Xantalos.
...Only more successful.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2012, 11:14:34 pm »

Is this from John Carter?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2012, 11:17:52 pm »

Search the cave, see what's inside of it now, then take a peek outside to see what's waiting.
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2012, 11:19:01 pm »

Kill.
Everything.
Pull a Xantalos.
...Only more successful.
I'm famous enough for that to be official?
YAY  :D
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2012, 11:55:12 pm »

You are inside the cave, but you do decide to have a bit of a looksie outside before attempting to slaughter everything.

The voices seem to be a conversation between two beings of similar look to you. One is wearing heavy pelts and carrying a strange stick, with a prong that he holds onto and a sharp point on the edge. It looks to be a vicious weapon, a spear made for stabbing, or bashing like a nightstick, not throwing. Your kind can't throw much at all, being terrestrial cratures at heart, but you've enough muscle to make a stab do quite a bit of damage.

The other is wearing finer furs, less matted, and your senses tell you she (and it is a she) is less accustomed to combat. Her hands are not calloused, she carries no spear, and her voice is not gravelly from warcries. Regardless, she seems to be in charge to an extent, though as of now she's being somewhat familiar with the male, nudging up against him and making small talk.

Perhaps of more intrest though, is the outdoors. Beyond the grouping of matted grass stalks and fungal caps that mark the tribes homes, great boreal trees intermingle with huge mushrooms. The mushrooms have let down their nets, and all sorts of small insects stick to them, caught in the web. Tiny bulges hang off, with dangling tentacles, and they squirm occasionally. The underbrush is mainly plantlife, green and yellow in color and bearing many fruits. Beetles scurry over dead leaves on the forest floor and small furry creatures bound after them on four or six legs, tackling and devouring the bugs.

In the sky, two great points of light settle towards the horizon. One is too bright to look at for more than a few seconds, but the other is dim enough that you may look at it directly for a short time before your eyes burn. It is hot out here, but the twin suns create a dazzling sunset, a array of colors streaking and twisting across the sky in a way no one sun could ever do.

This is your home. You don't know it's name yet, but you know in your heart that this is where you want to be.

Welcome home, Hatchling.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2012, 12:36:24 am »

These voices are obviously those of the witches that changed you from your noble insectly path down this filthy mammalian one.  Slaughter them.  And eat their heart for their strength and brains for their wisdom, maybe you can change yourself back into a noble armoured warrior, traveling the world in search of love and peace.  Okay, maybe not peace.
were are my ZERGS?  >:(

(do not take this seriously)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2012, 12:40:30 am »

were are my ZERGS?  >:(

(do not take this seriously)
You are not a zerg.

You are what will come to be known as Goblins, but such is a few decades away, and far more heartbreak.

You are also not really a mammal nor were you an insect! You were something in between, closer to a platypus than anything else on earth, but quite far removed from that in any case. You share only 50% of your DNA with humanity, despite surface-deep similarities.

You have a three-chamber heart, for example. And a chambered stomach!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2012, 12:47:16 am »

You have a three-chamber heart, for example. And a chambered stomach!
That is rather inefficient.  Would it be possible to get a status mod that could fix our three chambered heart?  Perhaps bump us up a ventricle?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2012, 01:01:39 am »

I step out for a few hours, and just look at what you guys did to our charmingly handsome alien platypus. He's a goblin now. You just had to pick the boring tool option. Oh well, Karne does a lot of good writing, so at least that aspect will be nice.(do note that I'm only halfheartedly upset about the goblin thing)

And it's not supposed to be efficient, Psycho. He's a goblin now, not a race that needs efficient, properly functioning organs.

Anyway, step outside the cave and attempt to greet your new mother and father/slaves. Because that's totally what these two are going to be.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2012, 01:27:55 am »

You can't greet them because you don't know how to talk!

You do step outside into the sunlight though. The pair don't seem to notice you.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2012, 01:47:08 am »

>Make a grunting noise. Failing that, enter their sight.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2012, 03:03:44 am »

>Make a grunting noise. Failing that, enter their sight.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2012, 11:12:24 am »

You grunt to gain their attention.

They seems somewhat urprised to see you there. The man backs off, and the woman produces a horn from nowhere. Suddenly the man is behind you, with a firm grip on your shoulder, and the woman blows into the horn, making the loudest noise you've ever heard. It seems to reverberate everywhere, bouncing and bouncing until it comes crashing into your ears like a thousand tons of rock.

But it's over soon enough and a crowd begins to form.

It is time for you to begin apprenticeship, and gather the closest thing a goblin has to a parent. The apprentice does not choose their master, usually, and your case is technically no different, but luckily we can abstract it enough. Being apprenticed to a certain profession does not always mean you will be given that job when your graduation comes, but the personality you pick up from your time will mean that it becomes more likely.

You were a bully of a grub, and gained the Stat Cores LARGE and AMBITIOUS. Will you continue down this path of violence and despotism, or choose another?

Who is your new Master/Mistress?
Ulla-Shaman. Ulla is highly intelligent, but old and crotchety. The unlucky grub raised by her would be under constant verbal abuse, but the intellectual sparring would give them a strong mind and sharp wit, and Ulla's patronage has already raised several heros of the tribe. Ulla is respected and even feared by all the chiefs in the council of Kings, and her word carries more weight than Nakun-Kaka himself; the king of kings.

Amma-A kindly medicine woman, devoting her life to studying the body and preserving life. Her soft care would raise a goblin more than capable of compassion and understanding, but may also quash any ambition to be any higher. A medicine woman is already a coveted position, however, so there would be little need for it anyway. Amma-dok is respected, but hardly feared, and would come into conflict often, likely compromising far outside her own needs and wants. But perhaps the right grub could keep her safe...

Nibun-A Warrior of unprecedented skill, Nibun-Urku is the volir Champion, meaning he takes orders only from the Champion himself and the tribe Chief (and Ulla-sha, of course.). Nibun is not a bright goblin by any means, and has a immense distaste for intellectuals everywhere. Nibun is a violent jingoist, but his sparring would leave any goblin more than equipped for any kind of violence, and his careful knowledge of when to scrape and bow and when to stand tall would be a valuable asset.

Kesa-The broodmother. Kesa-mon (pronounced as "moan", for you nerdlings who hoped otherwise) watches over the clutches of eggs set to hatch by all the prospective couples of the tribe, and oversees all the apprenticeships in their infancies to make sure the goblin has found a good patron. Kesa is kind but unyielding, holding her ground like a mighty oak, even when it would be better to bend and it tears up her roots to do so. Kesa is not a genius, but she is smart enough to know she isn't, and her controling, iron voice can give even Ulla pause, if only to start back up again later. The broodmother is not a profession to be taken lightly.

Bolun-Bolun is a ditzy, fragile, abrasive weakling of a goblin, but in speed he is unmatched and of all the apprenticeships waiting to be taken his is most adventurous. Bolun is a messenger among the tribes, meeting and interacting with foreigners from the Councilate Tribes to the strangers in the east, who's ears are small and skin so pale. His many miles of travel have given him a perspective most lack, possibly a gift from the gods to compensate for his utter lack of logical sense. He's a superstitous one, always watching for omens he's made up, but a good diplomat with a silver tongue. To be his apprentice would be a interesting life indeed!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54