Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 71414 times)

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
Re: The Starborn [Xenofiction]
« Reply #705 on: January 08, 2013, 10:36:14 pm »

Spoiler: King Tut Approved (click to show/hide)
Yes Chewbacca.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:40:53 pm by Koliup »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 08, 2013, 11:50:40 pm »

Are those names or are we ripping characters now?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 08, 2013, 11:58:18 pm »

I stand by my suggestion of Indiana Jones. Because why the hell not.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 09, 2013, 02:47:23 am »

Because why not really? Maybe the designer is a geek and made the hologram look and sounds like han solo because, hey, SPAAAAAAAAAACE.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #709 on: January 09, 2013, 02:54:31 am »

Why not Darth Vader then? If we start misbehaving and we get caught he can say: "You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor. Take him away."

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 09, 2013, 06:35:02 am »

He looked like Genghis Khan.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 09, 2013, 02:32:57 pm »

So obviously to make everyone happy, the AI is Chief Indiana Vader, and carries a whip and a lightsaber while wearing a fedora and a suit of power armor.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 09, 2013, 02:56:23 pm »

You see this?Of course you don't this is the internet silly!

This is my unamused face.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As if sensing the myriad of canonically questionable and legally wrong images flitting through your head of heroes you have had no chance to learn of nor are of any great popular significance any more, the AI holds up a hand.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that, mate." he says.

He's semi-transparent, mostly orange, but judging by the other colors in the cloth that's his own choice. He wears a turban wrapped around his head is held by a shimmering red ruby in a solid black rectangle. His robes are simple, especially in the chest, where space seems to have been made for a parade of sigils.
डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स डिक्स 

"I am called Hanuman by long, Hal by short, but my real designation is SECMFS-1305." He bows exaggeratedly, obviously mocking you. "We are truely honored to have one of your stature onboard. We've made sure all the countertops are lowered and all dangerous objects placed on high shelves."

Eh?

"But don't worry I can get them down for you."

Eh?

"So long as you get me a special medicine plant. It only grows in the engines of the ship. Really neat stuff, imported from India you know. Like me. Outsourceing and all that."

What the hell is this thing talking about? You're pretty sure it's making fun of you...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Choo Choo Motherfuckers."
I can't let you do that do that dave I can't Dave let you do that Dave I can't do that Dave Dave Dave I can't let you Dave I can't Dave Let Let You do That I can't Dave Let You Dave That Dave I can't Let you I AM HANUMAN can't Dave let you do that Dave I can't do that Dave Dave Dave I can't let you Dave I can't Dave Let Let You do That I can't Dave Let You Dave That Dave I I have controlI can't let you do that do that dave I But the story is still yoursDave Dave Dave Dave

Oh, and the story is just beginning.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:02:32 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]
« Reply #713 on: January 09, 2013, 03:06:29 pm »

first post hold rama gans
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 09, 2013, 03:37:44 pm »

That was awesome.
Kick that imaginary fucker in the teeth.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #715 on: January 09, 2013, 04:35:16 pm »

I know this is probably futile considering what we're facing but restrain our anger and use our wit, cunning, wisdom and abrasive personality to out-wit, out-annoy, out-mock and out-nonsense that out-sourced "human". I wonder if a display like that would prove that we're smarter than him or just plain crazier.
I see what you did there. ; ) Looking forward to it.
Or we can just take the high-road, treat him with disdain and just ignore this. But who wants to take the highroad? It's so high. I get tired just thinking about climbing it. The middle road is better. Because the low road is so steep.

EDIT: I just realised two things a)We got Indian HAL instead of Indiana Jones and b) a "medicinal" plant from India, grown in the probably remote engine area. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:43:19 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 09, 2013, 05:53:09 pm »

I know this is probably futile considering what we're facing but restrain our anger and use our wit, cunning, wisdom and abrasive personality to out-wit, out-annoy, out-mock and out-nonsense that out-sourced "human". I wonder if a display like that would prove that we're smarter than him or just plain crazier.
I like this idea. Either way, we're preparing them for what they'll face with an alien controlled by Bay12.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #717 on: January 09, 2013, 09:16:16 pm »

Aw, crap... I lost my laptop for a week and now I'll never be able to catch up with this...  :'(
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 11, 2013, 01:12:31 am »

Aw, crap... I lost my laptop for a week and now I'll never be able to catch up with this...  :'(
Yesss. Add another to my ranks...

You guys know this story runs off your souls, right? I need new ones every once in a while or it dies.

Or maybe it's my determination that runs off the souls? Either way there's a break coming 'round Marchish when I go to boot but I hope to restart afterwards when I get into tech school.

EDIT: I just realised two things a)We got Indian HAL instead of Indiana Jones and b) a "medicinal" plant from India, grown in the probably remote engine area. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Erm... A quick google scan tells me Marijuana is native to the Caucasus... Not india...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't think of anything witty to say, so you opt to step past the imaginary man and into the hangar.

The place is huge, and you can only see two doors. One is shut and lined with red. The other is open, and lined with blue. The blue one seems to lead to a hallway of sorts, heading towards what you think was the front of the ship, and slightly towards the back before turning. There're more doors through there, but only one large one, labeled "M" "E" "S" "S" "H" "A" "L" "L". You can't remember what the word means, although you know enough to sound it out. Meshall?
Thou art I, I art Thou.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 11, 2013, 04:52:58 am »

Oh, mess hall. Took me long enough to figure that... x)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54