Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I stick around or move on to the night?

Stick around, why not.
- 0 (0%)
Move on, nothing to do with you.
- 2 (25%)
Vengance should be yours!
- 5 (62.5%)
Follow them but stay hidden.
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How Osta Demonchunks Causes a Loyalty Cascade and somehow Bugs the world  (Read 4895 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Okay, I am slightly confused as to why boogeyman are so hated amoungst the bay12ers...  So I made a little story to help you see how easy and fun they can be!

I genned a new world, using phobous tileset for the ease of any not comfortable with DF's default ASCII characters.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The world is pretty standard: Small world with medium civs and high beasts, savagry, and short age.  Pretty enough to look at, with the northern 1/3 of it wilderness (excepting one goblin civ in the right corner).

I choose a goblin peasant, with novice skills listed here:

Not listed are novice biter and reader.

So, we're off on an adventure with: Osta Arkstrukosme *(Demonchunks)* the female goblin peasant!  She will act as I presume any generic (goblin) adventurer would, fufilling quests and indulging in a small amount of creulty.  I will not skillgrind, as I usually do not anyhow; outside of some torture in the begining.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:16:56 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
Re: To kill a Boogeyman
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 01:35:08 pm »

Seems pretty interesting, PTW.
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 02:03:53 pm »

I started outside some house in Poodunkland.  This is where it is on the map.

Spoiler: opps forgot this one (click to show/hide)

Osta stumbled wearily into town.  How long had she been walking?  three days, at least.  Ever since her warband had met its end at the hands of a goblin ambush.  Her own people!  How could they have the audacity to kill a fellow warband for some petty trinkets?  She would find revenge.
  "Anyhow", she thinks, pausing briefly outside a house, "I need to find a way to ingratiate myslef to the locals".  Filthy humans they may be, but they would be able to resupply her.  Having managed to grab her war gear before she fled (they were so scary and fierce), she was not only poor but in dire need of more food.  She had a few fish from a stream, but that was hardly enough for 2 more sunrises.

She would need tact, as she knew well she was at war with the neighbors of these, and humans, at least, value fellow blood more than her kind.  They liked it to keep it on the inside...

"Hello, Sera" Osta managed to force out with a raspy vioce.  "I hope you will be hospitable."
    Though clearly a little taken aback, the fish gutter seemed willing enough to take a break from his smelly task.
  "Erm, hello.  What are you doing out here?  You shouldn't be traveling alone around here."
  (around here?  Is that some vieled threat?) I am Osta Demonchunks.  I am a traveler in need of information and possibly a way to earn a meal," Osta replied, hand unconciously drifting toward her axe.  Fortunately for the stinky fisherman, any racism she imagined not seem again.

"I need work, to buy a hearty meal."  Osta put forth.
  "We have one problem.  A monster of the night, twisted into a beast form, seemingly immune to all but copper.  Its killed a man, and it may not stop now that it has blood.  Kill Espir Counselledheroes."
  "Fair enough, sera.  I shall rid this menace to your kind, if you tell me where I may resupply."
  "Why our capital Rushwinds is only a few hours walk northeast.  But... well just hurry up." The fisherman muttered, mind already back on his task.

"Stupid peasant," Osta thought, "No wonder we have to liberate the children of human."

Feeling better now that that unpleasantry was over, Osta went off to kill this poor twisted night creature.  How bad could it be?  One kill? Pfffh, she's seen racoons with more kills.  Nevertheless, she didn't want a less amiable hume to find her, so she snuck to her target, a short walk westways.  A few hours later, she arrived uneventfully.

pausing briefly above the filthy hovel this thing dwelt in, she wished she had bothered to learn the name of her God of Death.  One can never be too ingratiated to the Gods...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:38:54 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 02:35:08 pm »

After Sneaking inside, Osta has a chance to view this foul monstrosity... and to her chagrin, it looks... human! 

Apparently even humans find humans ugly, Osta smirked as she readied her dagger for a life-ending throw.

Of course, having momentarily forgot she had no throwing skill she missed.  And he saw her.  The two ran at each other, engaging in what can only be described as a 'fighty dance'.  After what seemed like the upteenth time of missing and the hume dodging away,  Osta picked up a bucket and tossed it at Espir.  She missed, but he took the chance to run like the scardy-human he was!  "ha!" Osta triumphently screeched!  She had won, and now she owns the spoils!

But, looking around briefly she could find almost nothing worth bragging about.  A copper cap too big for her, a shiny green gem, a bucket and an odd sandal.

Clearly, the Espir must be hiding the loot on his personage.  But he was so fast...?  Putting such doubts behind her, she steps outside to hunt the human down like the pig he surely was.

PKs DF Mod!

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 02:36:39 pm »

You're pretty good. Moar!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How Osta Demonchunks Kills a Boogeyman
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 02:49:52 pm »

She had won, her first real combat alone!  How had hoards of her kind been unable to defeat the weak fleshy humes?  All she had to do was knock it down, grab it and butcher it!  She had learned that much since childhood, butchering stray cats...

With the adrenaline wearing off Osta tended to her wounds.

Minor, surely, yet they throbbed a pain she had endured as a runt, recieving well aimed kicks from her drunken parents.  After searching his whole body, she was satisfied he was in fact, just some crazy loon.  No weapon, no wealth, and hardly a bucket to drink from!  A more detailed search of the cave turned up an iron mail shirt, but outside of that, only the (surprisingly) high quality bucket and gem were worth her time.

Now to collect her reward...
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 03:13:18 pm »

Walking home, she passes homes she must have missed on her way here... 
  "Well, what if I got my reward from them, and told them to get compensation from the smelly hume?"

Walking into the house, she was greeted with a fist to the face. No words, just fists.
"What did I do?"  Osta shouted angrily.  "I killed the hume like the smelly one asked!"

That was it, wasnt it?  They were with the crazy hume from the cave.  They saw his blood on her and assumed the worst.  Or perhaps this was a hamlet of the humes who she was warring with?  Maybe they just hate her pure goblin blood, the mortal scum.  Whatever the case, she need to run.  Six of them against one of her?  No way.

Slashing the closest one, a suturer (good, now he has someone to practice on) across the chest she ran into a nearby gullyhole. Sneaking carefully out, she managed to evade them for now.  But, should she hunt them down, or leave them be?  Fierce unjustice riled her damaged pride, but she desperately needed to resupply, and more humanmurder in human lands would look bad for her right now.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:14:51 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 03:17:59 pm »

[What should I do?  What is happening?  Why are they attacking that one?  Id hate to die trying to figure out this mess...]

To jellycat: Not this time.  I suppose I could but that would be cheating.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:20:38 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 03:18:54 pm »

You ever savescum?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 03:50:57 pm »

Curiousity getting the best of her, she shadows them, and watches as the all procede to maul a fellow.  It was facinating!  Did other civilizations actually participate in such wanton bloodsport?  Maybe humes were more interesting than she gave them credit for.

As they started to wander aimlessly back, Osta stood up, resolved to attempt to understand the magnificant display.  As she had half anticipated they all rushed towards her with a furocity she had seen when they ambushed her in their house.  However, emboldened and steeled against such filthy maggots Osta proved too strong for them, murdering three of them unscathed and hardly feeling the last one's dying death rattle strike her leg.

Relishing the blood, she casually searches the resulting bodies.  Some coin and knives are all she finds.  Peasants.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:56:01 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 03:56:04 pm »

Fun story. Posting to watch!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 04:24:59 pm »

Osta races the dusk back to town.  She is hungry and wants her reward.  As she approaches she sees a child in the distance, wandering alone.  "A prime traget" she whispers to no one.

As she gets closer she sees exactly what the child is doing.  Or rather hears it.

He is not alone.

Every bloody hume in this civ is crazy!  No wonder the filthy cavedwelling hume ran away!  That child is ritualisticlly slaughtering that man!  A creul smile twitches across Osta's face.  Then she notices the child staring at her...

Knowing that she would not survive a fight with the whole town, Osta runs into the falling night... better to face whatever is out there than a whole town with no loyalty.  At least her fellow goblins had an informal code of conduct to avoid complete pandamonium...

[Okay, I figured it out.  I started a loyalty cascade.  Im a member of the local site, but an enemy to the civ. wtf.  But just as well.  How convinient! :) .  Osta's skills are below.  This is what she will use as boogeykilling skills, and are actually higher than they could be...]

PKs DF Mod!

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 04:27:36 pm »

Will you savescum?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 04:31:42 pm »

Ill not need to, unless I show other ways to do this.  I wanted to show the way where I sit one tile away from a door and train that way, because the moment you walk inside the hut goes hostile to the boogeys and the boogeys dissappear; but I suppose Ill either show the campfire trick or the run-all-night way...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:33:19 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 04:42:29 pm »

Boogies, were are you?  :(

default worlds spanned not using advanced worldgen have boogeyman, yes?
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: [1] 2