Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1402 1403 [1404]

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1424366 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #21045 on: June 13, 2022, 09:58:37 am »

I think the apple store might have an option to remotely delete data on a stolen device.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Neocities
« Reply #21046 on: June 13, 2022, 10:16:37 am »

I think the apple store might have an option to remotely delete data on a stolen device.

I've disconnected it from my apple account. I'm hoping I was right in assuming it locks it down further, since I now can't access it remotely for more options due to said disconnection.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Wacky fox do uncharacteristic thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21047 on: June 13, 2022, 11:10:59 am »

Yikes man. You're brave. Glad you're okay. Such groups should not exist.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 11:13:19 am by MaxTheFox »
Долой царя! Смерть Путину! Да здравствует социализм!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Neocities
« Reply #21048 on: June 13, 2022, 02:28:45 pm »

I'll keep you updated when something changes. In some thread, as much as I feel I can say in a context where it could in theory be read by anyone. (and I'm fine with that limit, I got family and others to talk the full details with.)

Thanks for your kind words everyone, including those pointing out I was careless. Genuinely.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #21049 on: June 14, 2022, 08:56:07 pm »

A door wedge will keep someone out of your place far better than any lock, is inexpensive, and requires them to bust a door or window if someone tries to get in (things that famously, aren't quiet). If you're looking for some peace of mind that doesn't break the bank, I recommend picking one or two up.
Pages: 1 ... 1402 1403 [1404]