Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311]

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 350883 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4650 on: March 22, 2021, 08:08:00 am »

in this moment I am euphoric,, not because of any phony gender's blessing, but because I'm heckin cute and valid

also I dreamed of dancing underwater with an electric groove. Was a good dream but I was thirsty despite the swim

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: March 27, 2021, 09:03:15 am »

A Japanese survival-horror, where a legitimate strategy was to spend your chargen points on "lucky" which would make your NPC allies a lot more resilient.  More likely to survive otherwise lethal circumstances.  They were waifu-bait of course, but it was possible to build a character around supporting and being saved by them.

IIRC there was a friend-from-childhood tomboy you get from the very start who was relatively strong (though fighting was basically just a delaying tactic, and she was normally expected to die during the first chapter).  And later you meet up with a demure-magic-princess trope, who becomes a powerful but polite blaster with the Lucky trait.  We still had to run from everything, but the two of them made it a lot easier. 

Possibly inspired by me playing Skyrim recently and leveling up... irresponsibly, and thus having to rely on Lydia a lot.  Because I die in literally two hits to certain enemies, who take up to 12 boosted fire bolts in turn.

A couple nights ago I had a variety of upsetting dreams about people seeing my messy room. In the worst bit I had my dad over, and then this random guy climbed a ladder up to my window and sorta grinned in like it was a funny joke.  But then he looked behind me, frightened, and he started pounding at the window loud.  And I got that familiar sleep-paralysis feeling that there was something juuust behind me, something I shouldn't try to look at.

eeee LW called me valid!  And referenced a funny!
Not that I care, obviously, but heck :)  It was nice at the time and it's still nice now.
Validation is a heck of a drug, huh

Dancing underwater sounds potentially really fun with dream-logic.  Smooth and weightless, good medium for doing flips and stuff.
They/them
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • It is what it is and it ain't what it isn't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: March 27, 2021, 12:06:51 pm »

A Japanese survival-horror, where a legitimate strategy was to spend your chargen points on "lucky" which would make your NPC allies a lot more resilient.  More likely to survive otherwise lethal circumstances.  They were waifu-bait of course, but it was possible to build a character around supporting and being saved by them.

IIRC there was a friend-from-childhood tomboy you get from the very start who was relatively strong (though fighting was basically just a delaying tactic, and she was normally expected to die during the first chapter).  And later you meet up with a demure-magic-princess trope, who becomes a powerful but polite blaster with the Lucky trait.  We still had to run from everything, but the two of them made it a lot easier. 

Possibly inspired by me playing Skyrim recently and leveling up... irresponsibly, and thus having to rely on Lydia a lot.  Because I die in literally two hits to certain enemies, who take up to 12 boosted fire bolts in turn.

Heck, I'd play the hell out of that game.
You wouldn't know evil if it wore gold armor, or good if it crept in the shadows.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4653 on: March 28, 2021, 03:11:41 pm »

eeee LW called me valid!  And referenced a funny!
Not that I care, obviously, but heck :)  It was nice at the time and it's still nice now.
Validation is a heck of a drug, huh

Dancing underwater sounds potentially really fun with dream-logic.  Smooth and weightless, good medium for doing flips and stuff.
yeaaaa get validated

Dancing underwater is great with irl logic. Lots of ways to generate resistance and spin in ways you can't in air

Today's dream was all about clearing out old radioactive junk that was being exported out from an old dig site. And when I mean old, I mean ancient. One of those "this is not a place of honour" kinds of deals where we were just scanning to see what was decayed enough to handle and ship off to a museum and what had to stay long underground. Most of the dream was just taking showers in protective suits

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: March 28, 2021, 04:24:00 pm »

had a lucid dream for the first time in five or six years the other day. i recently noticed that i keep having really stupid dreams about being in school again, so when i had yet another one i pretty quickly realized what was going on

main similarity i noticed between the one the other day and the one from years ago was that once i realized what was happening everything felt very slow and floaty, like i was walking on the moon or through honey or something like that. dunno why that is. regardless this time i woke up for seemingly no reason, which is a step up from last time, when in an attempt to conjure something in my hand i closed my eyes in the dream and then slammed them open in real life
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4655 on: March 29, 2021, 07:26:35 am »

Dreamed I was exhausted and sleep deprived, so I went to the kitchen where too many people were talking about inane bullshit whilst I tried to fill a kettle with some fucking water to make hot water to make tea. I ended up stumbling through some chairs and a hoover to get there in the end.

I woke up, feeling still exhausted and sleep deprived, so I went to the kitchen where too many people were talking about inane bullshit whilst I tried to fill a kettle with some fucking water to make hot water to make tea. I ended up stumbling through some chairs and a hoover to get there in the end. Only now I was confused as to whether I was awake or not.

I woke up, hearing my cat meowing outside. Someone had let him outside at 3:00 A.M. and so I let him back in. He happily ran inside to eat food but my other cat hissed at him. I went back to sleep.

I woke up, feeling still exhausted and sleep deprived, so I went to the kitchen where too many people were talking about inane bullshit whilst I tried to fill a kettle with some fucking water to make hot water to make tea. I ended up stumbling through some chairs and a hoover to get there in the end. Only now I was completely in the gaslit realm of delirium as to whether I was awake or not.

I woke up, feeling still exhausted and sleep deprived, so I went to the kitcken which was bereft of people, stumbling about through some chairs and a hoover to fill a kettle with some hot water to make tea. Then I went to work where I ended up losing 10 on expenses because I forgot to print a receipt. And that wasn't a dream
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311]