Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 316

Author Topic: Terrible Jokes  (Read 652887 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Jokes
« Reply #4455 on: April 20, 2020, 08:40:12 am »

Genuinely heard, today. Not even sure it was intended as a joke, but I inwardly groaned (in a good way, although not in a good good way), and thought I should share the pain.

The scene, a locksmith's shop. A proper shop shop not a shoes-and-keys-and-dog-identity-tags kiosk under the eaves of a supermarket entrance awning. We'd actually rung ahead of visiting to see if they were open (and for drop-in business, not just call-out) as we needed some padlocks looking/maybe replacing for... reasons I won't bore you with.

Ahead of me at the counter, a responsible distance away, a lady customer who hadn't known if she'd find the place open under the current conditions, chatting with the guy behind the counter as her business was being transacted, and in the course of the conversation uttered that one particular question.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: April 20, 2020, 08:55:46 am »

I mean, locks are usually opened with keys

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: April 20, 2020, 10:10:49 am »

Genuinely heard, today. Not even sure it was intended as a joke, but I inwardly groaned (in a good way, although not in a good good way), and thought I should share the pain.

The scene, a locksmith's shop. A proper shop shop not a shoes-and-keys-and-dog-identity-tags kiosk under the eaves of a supermarket entrance awning. We'd actually rung ahead of visiting to see if they were open (and for drop-in business, not just call-out) as we needed some padlocks looking/maybe replacing for... reasons I won't bore you with.

Ahead of me at the counter, a responsible distance away, a lady customer who hadn't known if she'd find the place open under the current conditions, chatting with the guy behind the counter as her business was being transacted, and in the course of the conversation uttered that one particular question.

They get called essential around here, and I still immediately picked up on the double-meaning. It's great, and I'm not sure if the person should have felt a bit bad for the accident, or been a bit proud.

If I said something like that to someone, I probably would have paused to think about what I said, then given them a "well, that's been said now" shrug.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: April 20, 2020, 10:51:11 am »

One of superstore chains over here has a food-hall aimed at the discerning (but middle-class) consumer, which is keyed towards the 'somewhat above par' level of their foodstuffs.

Maybe to cater for inverse-snobbery, or just not to be too exclusive and actually get enough footfall, they have a 'basics' range too, more or less under the brand title of Essential <foo>.

Famously, though, it's not just bog-standard bread, milk, eggs, etc, but produces such interesting products as Essential Couscous, Red Wine,, Butternut Squash, Halloumi, Parma ham, Avocado, Parmesan, Pineapple, etc.

They may be considered basic and traditional staple foodstuffs in other places, but not Britain, so you can imagine what those of us who don't tend to try out something like a new "couscous and yam-jam flan" at their next dinner-party think of this. ;)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: April 21, 2020, 01:49:05 am »

What do you call a hacking attack on the Vatican's servers?

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: April 21, 2020, 04:23:35 am »

Quote from: Meme a friend shared
I want to go buy a Vietnamese sandwich but they Banh Mi from going outside

Quote from: My comment
Don't worry, I'm sure by the time spring rolls around we'll be allowed out again.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: April 21, 2020, 08:54:26 am »

Quote from: Meme a friend shared
I want to go buy a Vietnamese sandwich but they Banh Mi from going outside

Quote from: My comment
Don't worry, I'm sure by the time spring rolls around we'll be allowed out again.

That's terrible, and I love it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: April 22, 2020, 01:44:33 am »

Seems like a good time for Vietnamese Spring Rolls, australian style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMuOvE940KE

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: April 29, 2020, 02:42:57 am »

As they used to say in Vietnam; "Bon appetit"!

[chuckles smugly in "I got that"]

Before I watched that I was actually going to comment with something related, about how when sitting down to a fancy meal you should remember to announce "Erectile dysfunction!" loudly for the other guests (it's fancy talk for "Boner apathy").

EDIT:
Which national park is the most welcoming to Jews?

EDIT2:
It's taken me this long to finally realize that the Matrix scene where an agent absorbs and replaces that car chauffeur was just the simulation updating its drivers.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: May 06, 2020, 05:06:02 am »

Hamsters are like cigarettes, completely harmless until

I'm going to hell for this.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: May 06, 2020, 08:26:46 am »

Lighting something in your mouth on fire is going to be harmful no matter what it is, you are speaking the truth. Can’t think of a terrible joke right now, so I’m gonna type a string of random letters and numbers and see what autocorrupt does with it

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: May 06, 2020, 12:55:54 pm »

Forget autocorr(ect|upt), you wanna try autosuggest...  https://xkcd.com/1068/

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: May 12, 2020, 07:09:05 am »

Lighting something in your mouth on fire is going to be harmful no matter what it is, you are speaking the truth. Can’t think of a terrible joke right now, so I’m gonna type a string of random letters and numbers and see what autocorrupt does with it

I see autocorrect has learned of McCreary's Planet

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: May 12, 2020, 04:23:02 pm »

SMBC. The joke is subtler and probably better without the text at the bottom, but you get what you get.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: May 12, 2020, 04:47:32 pm »

Where do you go after a peekaboo accident?

The ICU.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 316