Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 316

Author Topic: Terrible Jokes  (Read 663030 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Jokes
« Reply #2295 on: June 12, 2015, 06:21:08 am »

Wrong thread.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: June 12, 2015, 06:36:23 am »

objective criteria.
hue
I wanted to put "objective" in italics, but I thought that would be lame-ppoi. I remembered which thread we're in too late.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: June 12, 2015, 06:44:35 am »

-snip-
I don't know why but by the end of reading that I with laughing a little.
I can explain that, if you want.

The premise of the passage is that the author had picked a joke, and due to the author of this passage being the same person, they are aware that they had perceived it as the best joke they know. The passage explained the joke in excruciating details, which would kill it in the process. However, the passage itself is a joke in itself, a meta-joke, if you will.

The dry explanation of the EpiPen joke is highly exaggerated, and if the reader had read closely enough it can easily be gleaned that the passage is not serious, with references to lycanthropy and obvious statements regarding how death cause people to die. The explanation of the possible fate of the anaphylaxis victim is clinical in tone as to invoke the idea of the author not actually caring whether or not the theoretical victim is dying.

In a way similar to how the EpiPen joke works, in that it is intended to shock the audience. For some reasons, when a taboo topic is broached in a non-serious manner, an individual will either become offended or amused. Thus so, the purpose of the passage is to 'shock' the audience with how boring and verbose it is in examining what is simply a single sentence.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: June 12, 2015, 03:15:21 pm »

I read the whole thing, and totally missed the lycanthropy bit.

Now I'm wondering if adrenaline would actually help with it. I feel like it would be the exact opposite.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: June 12, 2015, 04:40:07 pm »

Bay12 asks me if I want to hear I terrible joke. I say,

"Sure Bay12!"

Bay12 stabs me in the pancreas.

#prettylegitimatelybad #sorelatable
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: June 12, 2015, 05:35:19 pm »

Who doesn't love the smell of frying bacon?
Probably pigs, definitely Muslims.
If nobody liked it, what would be the point of forbidding it in the first place?
Differences between like and love notwithstanding, it's possibly because of all of the people who died from food poisoning back in the day, pork being terrible for it.
This being, nobody likes death- it's impossible to forbid death- so they forbid bacon.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: June 12, 2015, 06:04:49 pm »

Who doesn't love the smell of frying bacon?
Probably pigs, definitely Muslims.
If nobody liked it, what would be the point of forbidding it in the first place?
Differences between like and love notwithstanding, it's possibly because of all of the people who died from food poisoning back in the day, pork being terrible for it.
This being, nobody likes death- it's impossible to forbid death- so they forbid bacon.
Yeah, I know that. My point was, if you eat a handful of ground glass, you'll probably die too. Nevertheless, Islam doesn't specifically forbid eating ground glass because it's assumed that nobody wants to.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: June 12, 2015, 08:18:11 pm »

Seriously, though, I just got an idea for a youtube channel. Name it something like, "Cinder's Weekly Joke Review" or something like that. Then each week, take, say, five jokes, explain each one in excruciating detail, then choose the best one according to an excessively detailed set of objective criteria. Maintain a perfectly straight face through the whole thing.
I would watch that.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: June 12, 2015, 10:16:50 pm »

This one came to me in a dream last night:
"What do you call it when a character tells a joke only the audience can hear?" Meta material.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2304 on: June 13, 2015, 03:43:53 am »

Seriously, though, I just got an idea for a youtube channel. Name it something like, "Cinder's Weekly Joke Review" or something like that. Then each week, take, say, five jokes, explain each one in excruciating detail, then choose the best one according to an excessively detailed set of objective criteria. Maintain a perfectly straight face through the whole thing.
I would watch that.
It sounds glorious.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: June 20, 2015, 10:37:46 am »

So an ISIS fighter is manning a checkpoint and stop the car of a Christian couple.

ISIS guy: Are you Muslim?
Christian man: Yes.
ISIS guy: If you are a Muslim, then recite a verse of Quran.

Christian man recited a verse from the Bible.

ISIS member: Ok yallah go.

Later his wife tells him: "I cannot believe the risk you just took.
Why did you tell him that we are Muslims?
If he knew you were lying he would have killed both of us."

"Do not worry! If they knew the Quran they would not kill people" answered the Husband.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: June 20, 2015, 04:39:56 pm »

That feels like a "forward from (muslim) grandmas" thing. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #2307 on: June 21, 2015, 03:30:15 pm »

A man walks into a whorehouse looking for a little action and he goes up to the house owner and asks,“Hey, can I get a piece from one of your fine ladies you've got here?” “Sorry sir,” the owner responds, “but, we're all full.” “Aw, please I really need some poon tang!”

And the owner answers, “Well, there is one girl left but when you go meet her you have to wear this black condom.” “Whatever,” the man answers quickly and races upstairs.

A few hours later the man comes down and says ''Wow, that was great. She didn't even make any noise. But why did I have to wear the black condom?” And the owner answers, “Respect for the dead.”
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: June 21, 2015, 04:12:12 pm »

Brazil brought out a line of 'Olympiad Medallion' condoms.
They ended up with massive overstocking problems due to only the 'silver' edition selling in stores.
Apparently there was a lot of desperate women who wanted their men to come second for once.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: June 21, 2015, 04:44:51 pm »

How did the man die while watching Lost?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 316