Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 316

Author Topic: Terrible Jokes  (Read 653606 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Jokes
« Reply #4350 on: October 14, 2019, 09:40:28 am »

It's more of a terrible idea, but:

A cyberpunk anime about a cyborg/investor named Arbitrage III.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/10163/C__The_Money_of_Soul_and_Possibility_Control

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_(TV_series)
When Kimimaro accepts the money, he becomes an "Entre"[d] (short for "entrepreneur") and is drawn into the alternative reality of the Financial District,[e] where Entres make transactions using a special currency called Midas Money.

In the Financial District, each Entre is paired with a special creature who personifies their futures known as "Assets"; Kimimaro is designated to be accompanied by Mashu,[g] a horned girl who can conjure up fire-based attacks. Entres are summoned there once a week to compete against each other, betting their money in a battle known as "Deal".[h] Entres who lose all of their money and become bankrupt are banished from the Financial District with tragic consequences to them or their loved ones in reality.

"Entrepeneurs" teleport into the alternate reality of the "Financial District" to pit their "assets" against each other to fight in "deals" and gamble their "futures" risking "bankruptcy".

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: October 14, 2019, 09:51:08 am »

Said anime also stars cyber money Jesus.

It's an interesting one. Also, the main plot is "Japan is borrowing against it's future by printing too much monies"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: October 14, 2019, 09:56:02 am »

Main point being, it's actually harder than you'd think to come up with convincing "what if they made an anime about ..." ideas that don't already exist in some form.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/34402/Love_Kome__We_Love_Rice

Yes, I know. I get it. It's a gimmick: a bunch of anthropomorphic (read: basically human) strains of rice set out to become the HarveStars in this food-based idol anime, glorifying white rice in what is essentially a propaganda piece/P.S.A. attempting to encourage more sales and growth of white rice.

With that bizarre scenario in mind, if you ride the irony, this show is absolutely hilarious. So much effort went into telling the facts of the grains industry and real world problems facing it, inserted clumsily into the actual character dialogue; you can almost imagine the meeting that was had in order to promote white rice effectively in the show. If you take into context the absolute corporate cynicism at display here, it becomes very humorous to think about, at least, for me.

It follows stereotypical rice boys, a complete set of oft-used anime personalities. They gotta train to be HarveStars, you see. When they do a special dance, it is a Harvest Show, and rice begins to grow. The main protagonist gets a crew together and the group is called Love Rice. There's also the bread boys, their rivals, whose group is called Yeast King. Even if it is enjoyed ironically there's some dumb but funny humor at play, with a lot of rice puns. Lots of rice puns.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 10:00:06 am by Reelya »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: October 14, 2019, 11:40:57 am »

It's more of a terrible idea, but:

A cyberpunk anime about a cyborg/investor named Arbitrage III.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/10163/C__The_Money_of_Soul_and_Possibility_Control

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_(TV_series)
When Kimimaro accepts the money, he becomes an "Entre"[d] (short for "entrepreneur") and is drawn into the alternative reality of the Financial District,[e] where Entres make transactions using a special currency called Midas Money.

In the Financial District, each Entre is paired with a special creature who personifies their futures known as "Assets"; Kimimaro is designated to be accompanied by Mashu,[g] a horned girl who can conjure up fire-based attacks. Entres are summoned there once a week to compete against each other, betting their money in a battle known as "Deal".[h] Entres who lose all of their money and become bankrupt are banished from the Financial District with tragic consequences to them or their loved ones in reality.

"Entrepeneurs" teleport into the alternate reality of the "Financial District" to pit their "assets" against each other to fight in "deals" and gamble their "futures" risking "bankruptcy".

Rename (or translate) Kimimaro's name as something stupid/a pun, and I'm in. I'm assuming the fights are already them yelling dumb one-liners that use finance terms as puns.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: October 14, 2019, 12:23:25 pm »

To be honest, I don't really know. This one looked too bad so I never got around to watching it. I'd probably watch this one first:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClassicaLoid#Plot
Two high school students, Kanae Otowa and Sōsuke Kagura, live in a rural town that is attempting to reinvigorate their town with music. Otowa and Kagura notice one day that abnormal versions of Beethoven and Mozart have appeared, known as "ClassicaLoids". The two ClassicaLoids play music they refer to as "Musik", which Otowa and Kagura soon discover is a power that causes stars to fall and giant robots to appear, turning every day henceforth bewildered. Subsequently, ClassicaLoid versions of Chopin, Bach, Schubert and other renowned composers also start to appear. The power that the ClassicaLoids hold and their origin remains a mystery that is yet to be discovered.

MechaMozart and MechaBethoven having sonic battles with other robo-composers.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 12:25:16 pm by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: November 07, 2019, 10:55:40 am »

Math teachers blaze it on January 5th.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: November 07, 2019, 11:13:12 am »

Where's the joke? Those are equivalent to the same day.

Edit: Every time I see the fitness thread I think "I want to fitness whole burger in my mouth."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:18:23 pm by Iduno »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: November 08, 2019, 09:16:57 am »

Where's the joke? Those are equivalent to the same day.

Edit: Every time I see the fitness thread I think "I want to fitness whole burger in my mouth."

You |unit|

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: November 09, 2019, 10:27:11 pm »

Q: What is the most catastrophic WMD in existence?
A: The Atomeowic bomb.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: November 10, 2019, 08:40:55 am »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: December 10, 2019, 06:17:03 pm »

What do you call a taxi with no rear bumper?

A LMAOsine.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: December 12, 2019, 06:02:56 pm »

I have the heart of a lion, and a lifetime ban from the San Diego Zoo.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: December 14, 2019, 03:48:48 pm »

What's an example of a double entendre?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: December 14, 2019, 03:56:36 pm »

A neutrino walks through a bar.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: December 14, 2019, 07:17:22 pm »

How much did the horny lawyer charge his client?

Nothing. He took the case pro boner.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 316