Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Construction Helper [Update: "designation-like" support for constructions]  (Read 27560 times)

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This plugin pretty much fixes all issues I had with DF construction interface.
Great job Falconne! Thank you!

Now I can build megaconstructions with like 10x less keypresses than before :D
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Construction Helper [Update: "designation-like" support for constructions]
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2014, 11:29:59 am »

Is there a way to make box select enabled by default or at least persistant inside a save?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2014, 01:37:27 pm »

I'll add an option to be able to do this through dfhack.init.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

molkemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2014, 11:50:27 am »

Thanks a lot!

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Necromancy action:

I like to build massive amounts of constructions at once, so this is absolutely vital. However, I've found that wall construction generally ignores the presence of existing constructed floors (sometimes, except the first tile in the selection), which means I'm still basically designating them manually. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Necromancy action:

I like to build massive amounts of constructions at once, so this is absolutely vital. However, I've found that wall construction generally ignores the presence of existing constructed floors (sometimes, except the first tile in the selection), which means I'm still basically designating them manually. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?
Are you referring to normal constructed floors or the tops of walls? Can you provide a screenshot?
I vaguely remember some sort of issue like this back in v0.34 - if it can be reliably reproduced, it really should be reported on the issue tracker so it doesn't get buried again.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Normal constructed floors. Like so: http://i.imgur.com/uwM6uhJ.png

I just discovered it only happens when I shift-click to use the same material for all.

Edit: I'm noticing that it says "Ignore building restrictions" in the centre frame while I'm designating, but I'd grown so used to seeing that I'd stopped noticing it was there. Is there a way to change it?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:58:07 pm by Jordan~ »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You ordinarily shouldn't be able to construct walls on top of constructed floors. (If you try this without this plugin, it shouldn't work at all.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, that's the thing I'm trying to stop it from doing. :P

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah. I'm guessing that the plugin is allowing them to be designated because there's a natural floor below them, but isn't taking the existing construction into account.

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So does it work that way for everyone else, too? Is there a way to fix it?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it's a bug in the plugin, so the plugin would need to be fixed. I did report it on GitHub - I can't guarantee that it'll be fixed soon, but I'll look into it.

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks! If it helps, sometimes it correctly doesn't designate over the first tile with a construction on it (presumably in the direction it's designating constructions in - usually left to right, I think), and it's only when you shift-click to fill in all materials - hitting enter over and over again skips tiles with constructed floors. It also, however, occasionally forgets the last material used when you do it that way, and I couldn't see much of a pattern to that.

Llemons

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Is there anyway to turn off the green x's that are displayed over 'planned' furniture when the game is paused? I'm getting a bug where the x's aren't put where they're supposed to be, sometimes off by a few pixels, sometimes off by a dozen tiles or more, depending on what font i'm using with TWBT

The same thing happens with box select as well.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:48:07 pm by Llemons »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would be a TwbT issue, although I'm working on ways to get TwbT to deal with other plugins better. I don't believe there's a way to turn that off.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5