Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Farcry 3 worth it? (in an more abstract sense)  (Read 1022 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Farcry 3 worth it? (in an more abstract sense)
« on: December 01, 2012, 08:13:23 am »

Aside from the obvious decrease and increase in productivity, long-term is it a justifiable use of money?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Farcry 3 worth it? (in an more abstract sense)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:14:35 am »

Wrong thread. Get these out of here.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 08:15:48 am »

There going there going. Needless to say, unintentional double post.
Reading a thinner book

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 08:16:28 am »

How exactly do i move it?
Reading a thinner book

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 08:18:02 am »

There should be a "move" button at the bottom of the page.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 02:20:57 pm »

This game is well worth it.  Is in my top 5 best games ever and probably best game this gen.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 07:08:02 pm »

Im buying it tommorow, unless I change my mind overnight.  :o

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 04:11:49 pm »

So I got it two days ago and it is very fun. Idk if your playing on pc or not but if you are than the graphics on ultra quality are amazing. Also very fun. If you do get it I recommend that you go hunting and upgrade your weapon holster so your can hold four weapons. If you don't you can only hold one.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 03:13:28 am »

Not worth it at all. Instead of spending time and money on video games, you should go out and meet new people. :V
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 03:30:54 am »

Not really, no. The gameplay is very repetitive only a slight improvement over Far Cry 2. You're going to end up doing things that you'll get very bored of an hour into the game. The story is decent, starting pretty interesting in the beginning but slowly getting worse/more boring as the game goes on. The only really interesting characters usually don't last throughout much of the game, and you'll be stuck with boring characters you won't really care about. The protagonist himself is okay, near the beginning of the game he's pretty much an average joe dragged into a conflict, just wanting to save his friends. He's nervous, freaking out over killing people, but only doing so to save his friends. It's actually somewhat interesting to play someone who is inexperienced in the kind of fighting you're doing, but unfortunately about an hour in this mentality is quickly replaced by the protagonist becoming a Rambo-like character, who takes joy in running around murdering bad guys. Arguably one could say this is to show how the main character turns into a cold-blooded killer after killing so many people, but frankly they did this transition way too early and you'll feel generally confused how he went from "Oh god, I just killed someone!" to "Fuck yeah! Look at them burn!"

The gameplay is okay, although the gunplay doesn't feel that particularly satisfying. There's not a big selection of guns in the game, and really you'll only be using a select few of those guns throughout the entire game. Early in the game you'll get one of the most powerful weapons in the game, the compact bow. Completely silent, accurate, and kills most enemies in one hit. So chances are you'll use this the entire game, and it feels pretty overpowered in my opinion. The crafting system in the game very much feels shoehorned in, and it feels like a chore to go find X amount of deer to get your new holster, again getting back to the repetitiveness I mentioned earlier.

Also, don't go into the game expecting it to be challenging. It's not, even on the toughest difficulty. I played through it on the hardest difficulty, without crosshairs, and I died only a few times (Most of them being falling off of radio towers due to me being terrible at platforming in FPS's)

Overall, it's decent. But has A LOT of flaws. People praise it for the story, but it's really mediocre at best. So it's really up to you, you'll have some fun with the game but chances are you'll leave it feeling generally unsatisfied. But hey, if you have $60 laying around you may as well buy it.

Also a note of warning, this game is HORRIBLY optimized. Both on Consoles and PC. Even with a high-end computer, you'll have some problems running the game. On console versions, there's even reports of the game running at around 20 FPS. So be wary of that.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.