Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to enter Fallout Shelter?  (Read 3157 times)

Jorjon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to enter Fallout Shelter?
« on: May 27, 2013, 03:18:02 pm »

I'm greeted by the Security Guard at the entrance asking me for an ID. My disguise is green (army body armor), I'm 18+ but I don't know why the guy won't let me in. I checked out the wiki page but it had no information about it. Any ideas?

Jorjon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to enter Fallout Shelter?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 03:31:19 pm »

Alright I downloaded the source code to check why I can't come on in and I notice this:

Code: [Select]
if(location[cursite]->renting==RENTING_CCS && location[cursite]->type!=SITE_BUSINESS_BARANDGRILL)
               rejected=REJECTED_CCS;

So you only can enter Bar & Grill in a peaceful way? I can't sneak into the rest of the CCS safehouses? I thought it was possible because the wiki mentioned the disguises... So it doesn't matter how well disguised I am, I'm not getting in there...

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 04:44:52 pm »

Alright I downloaded the source code to check why I can't come on in and I notice this:

Code: [Select]
if(location[cursite]->renting==RENTING_CCS && location[cursite]->type!=SITE_BUSINESS_BARANDGRILL)
               rejected=REJECTED_CCS;

So you only can enter Bar & Grill in a peaceful way? I can't sneak into the rest of the CCS safehouses? I thought it was possible because the wiki mentioned the disguises... So it doesn't matter how well disguised I am, I'm not getting in there...

Yeah, this has been my experience. I brought this up as well in the main release thread, there's absolutely no stealth way to get into the second and third CCS safehouses without a sleeper or possibly two stealthy knife guys (not sure if this would even work on door guards, they may auto-detect you / prevent you from assassinating). My best idea for this was to have a back door entrance or something similar with a very high security + alarmed door, just so it's not so essential to have a sleeper.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 04:53:22 pm »

Door guards do auto-detect you, you need a sleeper.

Or just shoot your way in.

Jorjon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 05:05:55 pm »

I have 3 sleepers on the compound. How does this work? I'm still getting rejected. On the gentlemen's club, I had a sleeper and she let me in (even when I was -18 years old). But seems like this doesn't work this way in this compound.

What kind of sleeper should I have? I lose them all every time after I attack the base.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:09:44 pm by Jorjon »

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 05:09:21 pm »

I have 3 sleepers on the compound. How does this work? I'm still getting rejected. On the gentlemen's club, I had a sleeper and she let me in (even when I was -18 years old). But seems like this doesn't work this way in this compound. What sleeper should I have?

That's odd, it should let you right through, pretty sure at least...

Jorjon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 05:39:04 pm »

I have 3 sleepers on the compound. How does this work? I'm still getting rejected. On the gentlemen's club, I had a sleeper and she let me in (even when I was -18 years old). But seems like this doesn't work this way in this compound. What sleeper should I have?

That's odd, it should let you right through, pretty sure at least...

I have 4 now. But still the same thing. I will try recruiting them as normal members and going to the bunker with them.

Goldsaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 08:14:49 pm »

I believe there is a degree of randomness to it. What SHOULD happen is one of your sleepers should take the place of one of the door guards, quickly letting you in (at least, that's how it works for the gentlemen's club); they will not be a door guard 100% of the time, you just have to keep coming and going until you get lucky.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 09:56:50 pm »

Well, the key difference with the Gentleman's Club is that the only way to get in is to have a sleeper bouncer. A janitor, for example, wouldn't let you in. The CCS doesn't use bouncers, so in theory you should need a sleeper anything, but it isn't coded that way currently. Right now you can't sneak in. It's possible that you can stealth attack them with a couple people with knives, but I'm not sure off hand whether the automatic detection that door guards get invalidates that.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 11:15:13 am »

Well, the key difference with the Gentleman's Club is that the only way to get in is to have a sleeper bouncer. A janitor, for example, wouldn't let you in. The CCS doesn't use bouncers, so in theory you should need a sleeper anything, but it isn't coded that way currently. Right now you can't sneak in. It's possible that you can stealth attack them with a couple people with knives, but I'm not sure off hand whether the automatic detection that door guards get invalidates that.

Exactly what I said in the release thread! We need a way to stealth assassinate, please please please!