Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evil neighbors mod  (Read 1918 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Evil neighbors mod
« on: November 21, 2012, 02:21:12 am »

Hi everybody,
i made a small mod containing vanillia races wich will ambush/besiege in addition of goblins
all feedback or suggestions are welcome
so the new evil entities are :
trolls, gremlins, ogres, giants, minotaurs, ettins and cyclops (with the last four having sized down civilised versions for more equilibrum)
sruvivibility of new and old races seemed to me quite well, (hade all of them on 1050 year gen)
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7156

future plans (maybe if many interested and i have time):
-diversify the entities for have different weapon uses (easy but need some mithological/fantasy reserch to no who uses what)
-specify entities for biomes (it is a harder one as that would need keeping worldgens still balanced, wich in my experience is really hard)
-make an other mod for all those loose animal people in the game as civs (it is huge project for me, as i have not the sligthest idee how a civilisation of octopus man migth be)

on the use of this mod:
honestly i do not have any claim on this (it took me less then 1 hour to make/test it) fell free to use/ modify / republish / or steal my idees here

Mohreb el Yasim

EDIT: added some of my futur mod plans/idees if one day i will to continue and i see people interested in some of those i would know if publish or not ...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:57:08 pm by Mohreb el Yasim »
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Evil neighbors mod
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 08:26:58 am »

Oh sup Old Friend.

You may want to format the first post better to attract more attention :P. Make it a list of headers and separate stuff by paragraphs with a bit more details. It sounds like a cool modification.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 11:56:10 am »

They do not trade?  Or they will trade until you grow large enough for them to siege?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 12:48:40 pm »

At the moment they will not trade, they have babysnatcher as goblins so they:
-are always agressive
-may have some other race in them (like the diversity)
It is not possible technicly to make them trigger from trade -> hostility (without player interaction of to much gore/greed)
For the format, well it is a small mod i have not much to make haders / sections justified,
and anyway if i will add more one day i think i will stay on the same principle small add-in files without
you needing to install all / override and so.
there are alredy many (excelent) overhal mods, but i find myself often to look for 1-2 small scale changes
so i tougth i will share if i make one as that migth be the case for some others too.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime