Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Conquest of Elysium 5  (Read 14015 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest of Elysium 5
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2022, 01:47:57 pm »

Nataraja got reworked for the last CoE patch:

Also, since I forgot above, potbellied ghost monkey:

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2022, 02:03:53 pm »

I find the Nataraja oddly skinny but I'll still take it over what we currently have.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2022, 01:42:50 pm »

Finally got around to getting this. Fun little game!

But I'm still trying to find a good balance point with the AI factions. They're either rolling in on me with 3-4x as many troops as I have or they're mostly dying to independents before I ever see them.

Anyone know a good difficulty level to set them at?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2022, 02:28:09 pm »

Baron is a sort of standard I think. Starting out you might want to try one difficulty lower and just accept that some of the AIs will just die immediately. Know also that the nations aren't terribly balanced and some will do far better than others.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2022, 02:50:42 pm »

Good to know!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2022, 05:38:13 pm »

iirc there's also mods that will provide a basic defense for starter locations -- it's a good way to stop AI factions from being eaten by moose without having to jack up the difficulty otherwise.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2022, 09:32:51 pm »

I found they still lose their commanders and then just continue to exist as single-tile rump nations. (When the garrison comes with an immobile commander anyway)
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2022, 10:27:14 pm »

Different nations are a lot better at surviving - there's a few that seem to rarely die off early, like the Priest King and Dryad. The bakemono usually thrive too. Dwarves have to keep a queen at home so they're harder to wipe out as well. Pale Ones and Cloud Kings are less likely to be wiped quickly b/c of fewer wandering monsters on their planes.

I'm a big fan of using the Bystander Mod - it lets you add a faction which is basically invincible but also immobile so you can caper about invading Inferno or suchlike w/o accidentally winning by killing all the other leaders.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2022, 04:24:06 pm »

Finally trying out Populum. After conquering first city, transformed my captain into engineer, who can build roads. He also can't lead troops, and since he can't lead troops, he can't drop them off either.  ::) He also spawns 1-4 "Persons" in battle. Male persons wield pitchforks and cast fear on self, female persons beg (paralyze on human males) and also cast fear on self. It is quite silly. Attempt to gather amazons in a city by crystal sorceress resulted in four unruly persons spawning. They are stealthy immobile uncombatants that reduce income by 1 gold each. Which does not really matter, since gold is extremely inflated there and income from a city does not fit on a screen.
EDIT: Goddamn, knights have 3 armor and 30 HP there. Sent monk with 15 spearmen at 2 knights and lord, and knights slaughtered them.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 04:39:31 pm by MCreeper »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2022, 12:24:48 am »

Been playing Barbarian lately. I have a renewed appreciation for how easy it is to make new stacks. You can send fast scouting stacks deep into enemy territory to capture hotspots and then die. You can lose the main commander without much problem at all (unlike most nations). It's also quite cheap to set up "enforcer" stacks to recapture safe zone stuff from deer. Barbarian units are cheap and dirty, capable of 1v1 most standard ground troops but you get a lot more of them.

Lost a recent game where my commanders were all converted in a fight with a cardinal, lol.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2022, 01:04:40 am »

My problem when I play barbarian is that my whole being is suddenly consumed by the urge to conquer Hades, and pretty much ignore every other goal.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2022, 06:22:12 am »

I mean... if you're not going to conquer the afterlife and rule it with a rowdy ancestral fist, why are you even playing barbarian? That urge and goal is realistically the entire reason that faction exists.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]