Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: How to Avoid Dying Embarrasingly in Liberal Crime Squad (and other LCS queries)  (Read 13952 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I've tried LCS twice. First time, I headed to some industrial place and was grabbing goods and chatting indiscriminately. I had convinced a janitor to come meet me later. However, when I grabbed some goods in the same square as some people, they turned against me and beat me to a pulp.

Second time, I visited the genetics lab. After freeing some animals, convincing them that I was a conservative (wait, genetic freaks are conservatives?), and fast-talking my way out of trouble, I found a secretary in a hallway who beat me almost to death. I ran out, convinced a janitor to come meet with me the next day, ran into an eminent scientist and some other conservative, failed to fast-talk the scientist, and got the rest of my excrement beaten out of me.

...So, how do I avoid dying the first day?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:43:38 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Avoid Dying Embarrasingly in Liberal Crime Squad
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 10:21:40 am »

You don't go picking up stuff where people can see you doing it?

Essentially, go in, do some shit, go out. Quickly, preferably before the conservatives are alarmed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 10:24:34 am »

You don't go picking up stuff where people can see you doing it?
Gee, thanks...I fugured that out the first time.

Essentially, go in, do some shit, go out. Quickly, preferably before the conservatives are alarmed.
Alright, I'll see how this goes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 10:26:49 am »

Yeah, you won't be doing overt stuff like pushing the Big Red Button any time soon. First get some juice to increase your stats, and raise your disguise and stealth skills.

For increasing combat skills, I'd suggest waiting at the exit for a weakish conservative to appear and quickly beating them up before absconding.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 10:36:33 am »

Alright, I have a recruit and a prisoner, who I am trying to turn into a recruit. More importantly, I survived going to the coffee stand despite getting into a fight. I have another recruit soliciting donations and stole something without learning what it is.

...Okay, new problem. The police are raiding me because I kidnapped someone who apparently mattered. Advice?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 10:42:30 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 10:57:43 am »

Alright, I have a recruit and a prisoner, who I am trying to turn into a recruit. More importantly, I survived going to the coffee stand despite getting into a fight. I have another recruit soliciting donations and stole something without learning what it is.

...Okay, new problem. The police are raiding me because I kidnapped someone who apparently mattered. Advice?

Everyone "matters". You will continue to generate heat for as long as you have someone kidnapped, best bet is to leave and go to another safehouse if your heat gets too high so that if the police raid it, nobody will be there. Generally best to use the Homeless Shelter. If you're already being raided, prepare to die/be arrested.

General advice: you get juice for doing crimes, fighting people, spraypainting, destroying equipment, etc. When juice reaches a certain level, your stats go up. Your stats determine both your max skill levels as well as directly affect your rolls. High agility means you're better at fighting, higher health means you take longer to die, higher charisma means you're better at recruiting, etc. If you're using characters that you can't afford to lose (like your founder), don't get into fights that you don't know you can win. If you're using fists, don't rush into a fight against ANYONE really, you'd at least want some kind of weapon like a knife or a weaker gun or you're at risk of getting killed/badly wounded. Try recruiting a few people with your founder, making them into a squad, giving them some cheap weapons, then having them go out to do naughty things. If they die, oh well. If they don't, they'll get better and better.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:01:49 am by BoxOfAids »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 11:06:12 am »

Everyone "matters". You will continue to generate heat for as long as you have someone kidnapped, best bet is to leave and go to another safehouse if your heat gets too high so that if the police raid it, nobody will be there. Generally best to use the Homeless Shelter. If you're already being raided, prepare to die/be arrested.
...Okay then, no kidnapping until I have better firepower.

General advice: you get juice for doing crimes, fighting people, spraypainting, destroying equipment, etc. When juice reaches a certain level, your stats go up. Your stats determine both your max skill levels as well as directly affect your rolls. High agility means you're better at fighting, higher health means you take longer to die, higher charisma means you're better at recruiting, etc. If you're using characters that you can't afford to lose (like your founder), don't get into fights that you don't know you can win. If you're using fists, don't rush into a fight against ANYONE really, you'd at least want some kind of weapon like a knife or a weaker gun or you're at risk of getting killed/badly wounded. Try recruiting a few people with your founder, making them into a squad, giving them some cheap weapons, then having them go out to do naughty things. If they die, oh well. If they don't, they'll get better and better.
Gotcha.

The raid went...poorly. I got my leader sentenced to four years in prison for kidnapping and theft. What button do I press to get to the screen after the verdict?
Sig

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 11:14:34 am »

The raid went...poorly. I got my leader sentenced to four years in prison for kidnapping and theft. What button do I press to get to the screen after the verdict?

Uhhhh.... any button? I would just hit enter or something. Pretty sure it's press any button though. But yeah, if your leader's in jail you're pretty much toast.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 11:16:03 am »

In fact, no kidnapping until you have decent psychology and perhaps business or science skill. Those conservatives are usually better off as sleepers, so you'll want to get the enlightenment over with asap.

In fact, if you want to kidnap somebody who isn't a cop or something, seduce them first and kidnap them on their first date.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 11:16:11 am »

Yeah, you won't be doing overt stuff like pushing the Big Red Button any time soon. First get some juice to increase your stats, and raise your disguise and stealth skills.

For increasing combat skills, I'd suggest waiting at the exit for a weakish conservative to appear and quickly beating them up before absconding.

In fact the vast majority of guides indicate that the proper way to play the game is also, at the same time, the most boring way of playing the game.

Basically see those guns? If you ever need one, then you are playing the game wrong.

It kinda makes the game, at times, feel less like Liberal CRIME Squad and more like Liberal CULT Squad.

Now if you actually want to do the game violently, I have no idea how you would go about doing so.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:18:05 am by Neonivek »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 11:17:23 am »

I usually play the game with nothing but covert operatives who know kung fu or how to hold a sword. Sometimes a bard to make it interesting. Guns are overrated anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 11:20:11 am »

Actually I think we really did get to the point where the C stands for Cult

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 11:22:44 am »

Now if you actually want to do the game violently, I have no idea how you would go about doing so.

Recruit 6 people with high AGI/Health. Get juice to 50+. Get dodge to 5+ from University classes. Add Assault Rifles from wherever you can get them, as well as body armor. Go down the list of sites and just raid every single one. Repeat as necessary until you win. If they all die, you'll have already made a huge impact. Just get 6 more and start over.

With CCS on, just make sure you can find their base and just keep killing them, it's easy with 6 supersoldiers. Hell, 6 new recruits with decent stats, armor, and rifles can wipe out a CCS safehouse.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 11:23:46 am »

Uhhhh.... any button? I would just hit enter or something. Pretty sure it's press any button though. But yeah, if your leader's in jail you're pretty much toast.
Hm, seems LCS has crashed. Meh. Let's see how I did...Huh, I'm free, it's March 2009...when does the game start? 2005? Cool. Sadly, I seem to have lost everything.

Alright, I'll rebuild the squad with your ideas in mind. EDIT: Or I would, if I could. The "Go Forth to Fight EVIL!" button doesn't work, it's gray.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:28:27 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 11:44:12 am »

If your Founder was the only Liberal present, the "crash" might be the game fast-forwarding until xe gets out.

If not, you'll need to make a new Squad in order to send it Forth To Fight EVIL.  Only Squads can go on site actions; individuals get (A)ctivated.  Both have their place in advancing the Liberal Agenda.  I'm guessing that either you don't have any squads, or perhaps you hit Z by mistake and are now in safehouse-management mode.  (If it says "You are not under siege...yet.", you're checking on a safehouse.)  Hit Tab to go back to squad-management.

I'd also recommend the threads "Liberal Training Camp" and (promoting my own thread) "Liberal First-Month Seminar", in addition to the LCS wiki, if you haven't hit them already.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5