Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: How to Avoid Dying Embarrasingly in Liberal Crime Squad (and other LCS queries)  (Read 13963 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I just tried to start in the newest version.
A policeman shot me to death while I tried to flee from the pickup I was failing to hotwire. I suspect I was not good enough at hotwiring...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile

More accurately, you did not have enough skill in agility to shake him off.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, hotwiring cars is based on your security skill I believe. Picking the lock definitely is. As for escaping, yeah you need a decent amount of agility to get away, so if your AGI is too low, don't stick around hotwiring cars too long, and definitely don't go for hard ones.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I chose the easiest one.
I started a new game on Nightmare. Wanna bet how long I last?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Depends how early it is that you mess up.

I rarely actually mess up enough to game over since my founder is like max CHA build and just gets tons of recruits, never does anything himself, so he never gets caught and I can replace my losses. But I will inevitably lose my infiltrator squads by accidentally picking locks with enemies nearby and not realizing it, ending in their death. Plus sometimes my hackers go down if I haven't got a Police sleeper yet and they get raided.

Also, since you're playing on Nightmare mode, you might want to try to get Mutants for recruits, I usually get them from the Crack House. They have very random stats and can have as low as 1 in every stat, but sometimes you can get lucky and find some with high AGI and health. The main thing is that their min stats are very low but their max stats are actually moderately high, so you just need to wait until you find one with a good combo of stats for your needs (like high AGI, INT, and CHA for sneaky guys which means they can have high stealth, high security for lockpicking, and high disguise skill). Every day that you talk to them to try to recruit them, more of their stats are revealed, so if you find some low stat ones, just break off meetings and try again until you find good ones, then offer to let them join.

And always remember that stats go up along with juice, and stats go up more if the base stats are already high. Like a character with 4 agi and 10 charisma going up 1 juice level could end up with 5 agi but 12 cha, the cha went up more because it was higher to start with.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:15:18 am by BoxOfAids »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Selling brownies boosts persuasion? TMYK.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what else selling brownies boosts? Your chances of having your founder's head blown off in one shot from a Death Squad officer.

Note to self: Agility is really helpful.
Sig

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Selling brownies boosts persuasion? TMYK.

I feel like it might also very slowly raise Business...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It does.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what else selling brownies boosts? Your chances of having your founder's head blown off in one shot from a Death Squad officer.

Note to self: Agility is really helpful.
Shit.  Sorry to hear that.

That's why I warned against Death Squad officers, though.  They're young kill-crazies who wear scary full-body, face-concealing cloaks.  They run really fast because they don't bother with armor--like any terror unit, they don't expect their victims to shoot back, let alone shoot first*.  If you're not sufficiently Street Sensitive to avoid the Death Squads, consider carrying a shotgun or similarly high-powered weapon (the M16 is overkill, but the M4 may be useful for the accuracy bonus) and wearing armor.  If only one DS finds you, you can shoot first.  If more than one shows up, that's why I'd like to be able to assign a Squad to drug-dealing, because the second DS will probably kill you.

*Which makes no sense if you think about it: if the cop is going to kill me, regardless of my guilt or the severity of the offense, what have I got to lose by killing the cop first?  Murder, perhaps, but I was going to be shot for putting up leaflets or committing misdemeanor theft.  [From an outside perspective, cop-killing brings the heat, so a player might opt to let the dealer die rather than heat up xyr safehouse--but the dealer might not agree.]

FWIW I've also had better luck by having the dealer assigned a Vehicle of xyr own.  No idea if it actually affects anything but it felt like it did back when this mattered.  (10 Agility is generally enough to escape the Police.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lesson learned: Nightmare difficulty is NOT for noobs.
Sig

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno, I managed to win Nightmare Mode, so it can't be all that hard.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nightmare Mode can be hard if you dont have a good plan.
it really makes combat more conmen and deadly, so raids need to be planed out as the Death Squad will force you to fight your way out.

is it not a little odd that drug  dealers can deal drugs no matter what there wearing?
there should be peniltys to sales for wearing police or army outfits.
but bonuses to street wise due to image, after all that cop cant be dealing drugs out of his squad car can he?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile

is it not a little odd that drug  dealers can deal drugs no matter what there wearing?
there should be peniltys to sales for wearing police or army outfits.
You should get a bonus for dealing with a police uniform on, if anything. Is it really so far fetched that a crooked cop would want to "dispose" of some confiscated weed to make a little extra money?
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno. Gun vendors and hookers don't sell/aren't able to be seduced if you're disguised as a cop, so if anything your clientele might suspect that you're just baiting drug users for arrest.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5