Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Spearbreakers: the RTD-- Officially closed  (Read 25875 times)

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Spearbreakers: the RTD-- Officially closed
« on: November 23, 2012, 06:16:34 pm »

Spearbreakers, the fan sequel to Syrupleaf, now has it's own RTD!!!

!!!WARNING!!!
This thread will have spoilers to the succession game. please do not play if you haven't read the spearbreakers succession game or specify that you haven't. you can find it here. It's a long read. I suggest skimming.

This RTD will not be part of Canon, in game or out.

Now, on to the rules. standard RTD rules apply. anything can and probably will happen. I'll have five people at the start and I will never have more than that. for those that actually have dwarves  that have major roles in the fortress, you'll need to pick a different name. you won't be playing as your dwarf in the fortress.

There will be a hit point system. you'll start with 100 hp and lose it when you get hurt. you'll regain 5 health every turn and if you're bleeding will lose 5, 10, or 20 health per turn depending on severity. practicing with objects will do nothing for you as I won't be keeping track of levels.

put your actions in bold. Actions that are not bold will be ignored.

application sheet
Name:
Race:
Profession:

There are no limits on race, but remember, you're dealing with dwarves here. Much like humans, they don't like anything that's not exactly like them.

Alive
Wropest Abodip (Wwolin) (1-
Luthian Nuradil (mesor) (1-
Idem Valan (Corai) (1-
Emong Daggerbeard (GreatWyrmGold) (1-

Dead
Ekul Thomoipan (Dr.Propz) (1-9): Got drunk off of booze tainted by Mr Frog and was thrown down a trash chute

Waiting list
LolFail0009
Reudh
Aseaheru
Draconik_Sankis
Talvieno
Tiruin
Zacen299

Starting environment: you look around you. the migration caravan walks somberly through the thick blood rain. you've heard glorious tales of richs and mugs from the fortress ahead, but the journey has not been easy. spawn, undead, and scythods have all done there part to whittle down your caravan to just you five. Morale has not been high, but you're so close.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:12:59 pm by Terrahex »
What do you think? Yes? No?

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers: the RTD-- Registration
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 06:22:57 pm »

Name: Wropest Abodip
Race: Half-Dwarf (Wropest's dwarven mother was really sober one night)
Profession: Snow-Priest
Inventory: Blue Padded Robes, Claymore.

Ready my claymore and prepare for something bad to happen. After all, this is Spearbreakers.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 06:53:18 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 06:28:05 pm »

Name : Luthian Naradil.
Race : Dark elf ( purely because dwarfs dislike elves and I wanna see if I can make an elf they will learn to like )
Profession : Hunter, minor mage.
Inventory : Full set of black leather armor including face plate, recurve bow and quiver of 20 arrows, 2 long bladed knives, skinning/leather working tools.

Draw my bow and place an arrow on the string, scan the area around me for any signs of danger.

Is this all ok?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 06:37:56 pm by mesor »

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 06:31:39 pm »

post your actions as well
What do you think? Yes? No?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 07:02:15 pm »

Name: Idem Valan
Race:Elf
Profession:Spearelf
Inventory: (Dyed purple) Pig tail boots, trousers and tunic. Oaken spear. Large copper dagger.

Look around, stick next to the Dark Elf(Luthian/Mesor)

(Is this Spearbeakers or the timewar? Just making sure which.)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 07:31:35 pm »

Name: Ekul Thomoipan
Race: Dwarf (So far we have a half dwarf and two elves...)
Profession: Drunk/ex-hunter
Inventory: Leather shirt, pants, boots. Authentic spearbreakers mug full of dwarven wine, menaces with spikes of hollistic spawn bone. Iron crossbow. Quiver with 5 iron bolts

Drink from the mug with the crossbow in my other hand
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:33:15 pm by Dr.Propz »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 07:42:33 pm »

Name: Emong Daggerbeard
Race: Dwarf
Profession: Drunk
Inventory: Copper Flask (Sewer Brew), Eagle Leather Backpack (Chisel, 8 pairs of socks), Wolf Leather Pants, Red Hooded Cloak, Knife, 2 pairs of socks, sandals, 3 cats
Backstory (please don't read if you aren't the GM):

Emong will draw his knife and looks around, walking quickly towards the fortress...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 07:55:29 pm »

Name: Zedo Kixidralvictasal
Race: Sapiocoatl (A tall humanoid with scales, wings and a serpentine head. I won't use venom, or the Deathcast. Unless I'm allowed to.)
Profession: Soul Harvester (Axemaster. I really love naming professions, though)
Inventory: 2 x Steel Scythe (Pickaxe + Battle Axe attacks, used as an axe), King Cobra Leather Backpack (10 x King Cobra Meat, 2 x Copper Throwing Dagger), Cave Spider Cloak (Black)
For fun, Backstory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Scythes drawn, Zedo trudges through the blood rain, searching for the dwarf who's dreams he inhabits...

Am I too late? What happens then?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:06:36 pm by Lolfail0009 »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 07:56:41 pm »

Name: Peregrine Towerriddled
Race: Human
Profession: Lasher
Inventory: Iron whip, iron chainmail, iron greaves.
Backstory:

Peregrine readies his whip and prepares for the upcoming fight. It's Spearbreakers after all.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 08:04:16 pm »

Name: Domas
Race: HOBBIT
Profession: miner
Inventory: Iron pick, backpack, mason/engraver tools
Backstory: the lone hobbit. popped up for dinner and never left. also works for Stone INC.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:19:33 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 08:16:35 pm »

seeing how we have 8 ppl at the moment my character will be on standby.  Also you two elves READ Spearbreakers one of our main ppl is a ELF and she's accepted here.  That and we have a 10' 6" tall Dwarf who's just a little south of sanity, which in Spearbreaker's is perfectly sane =).

Name:Alistar Blackwell
Race: Dwarf
Profession: Parasol Researcher and part time Mage =)
Inventoy: PEA, Mobile Research Kit, Spellbook, Slab with Occult Markings.
Backstory: Newly sent Research Assistant for Wari, Mistook this group for the next mirgant wave.
Standby Actions (until we hit FIVE) Research the Slab, add Runes that appear to Spellbook.

Also to those who are just now finding Spearbreakers.  Welcome, Hope you Like MUGS, oh dear Armok the Mugs....

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 08:42:38 pm »

But the somuglutiomugns to oumugr problmugems are mumuggs!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 08:50:23 pm »

Race : Dark elf ( purely because dwarfs dislike elves and I wanna see if I can make an elf they will learn to like )
Lol. Sorry Mesor, already beat you to it. Introducing Vanya Carena, skulker elf:
And she's been around since June, too.

@Draconk_Sankis: I'm pretty sure Corai knows about Vanya. But I got an evil grin reading how you added another Parasol researcher. :D

I hate that I'm late to this, but oh well.

edit:
There are no limits on race, but remember, you're dealing with dwarves here. Much like humans, they don't like anything that's not exactly like them.
Not so. It's been accepted into canon that in Spearbreakers, everyone is welcome. Shoot, we have a human as a farmer, for crying out loud. :P And an elf (Vanya), and a gnome (OG!Frog) who's been cloned (Busta!Frog), a couple other humans, at least one half-dwarf, a bunch of Parasol employees... And they let human "mercenaries" (Ballpoint soldiers) build the fortress during Splint's reign as overseer.

I'm hoping that you realized that... >.> Before Vanya left the fortress, we established that everyone who'd met her and knew what she was was completely fine with it. I did notice in some of your story posts that it seemed a bit off, but I don't know... Benefit of a doubt.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:57:20 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 08:59:49 pm »

Holy Balls people signed up for this fast....
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 09:10:21 pm »

You know what, I'll post to watch. I'm not shocked that, as word spread of suprising tolerance, other creatures are seeking asylum and are rightfully paranoid of the area around the fortress.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15