Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Fall Of Deadwind (Outbreak)  (Read 969 times)

magnum2016

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Fall Of Deadwind (Outbreak)
« on: October 10, 2013, 09:06:32 pm »

This is the first Fort that i can consider was very successful, we started out on a perfect area that hand a giant fresh water lake and had a perfect mountain system filled with Iron and Coal. It was rich with animals and plants it was the perfect home. I was playing the Corrosion Mod which is surrounded around zombies and such. It was all going perfect until... the outbreak...

Journal Entry, Militia Commander Gravel Woodstrum

First of Spring:  7 Years Starting this Spring, thinking back it makes me cry, thinking about how we turned this place around, i remember when i was a cheap mercenary that they hired to protect them on Embark. Now i am the leader of the Royal Guard and the 55 man military stationed here in Deadwind We are a inspiration to other settlements most last only a few weeks but we have lasted 7 years and many more are coming.

Mid Spring: So many dead.... dear god and caravan came to our fort we couldn't wait to trade out newly made shotguns and rifles and machetes we let our guards down. A siege a 68 thugs jumped the caravan right outside of our fort killing all of the traders before we could close the gates they began shooting and hacking our gate operators they were inside before we knew it every soldiers was deployed the Militia was slaughtered, going up against machetes and titanium blades with baseball bats and leather armor. Finally the rest were deployed we held off the attack but with the loss of 9 Militia Members and 1 Riot Control member. Over 6 more were too injured to help we let them speak to there families before they bled out. Over 23 Civilians died in the attack as well.

Late Spring: The hospital and Living Quarters and Top Level Barracks have been quarantined everyone was to busy cleaning the battle field we never thought of a infected ambush 13 infected charged inside our fort and infected over 50% of the population due to the military being injured. The hospital has over 32 infected scrambling around due to turning into them. The military is tired due to constant outbreaks across the base we are locking ourselves inside the bunkers along with other important civilians.

Journal Entry, Woodcutter Ash Wonder

Early Autumn: 43.... that is all that is left.... The Military and nobles and all needed soldiers locked themselves inside the bunker the only thing that separates the 29 of us and the military is 5 iron doors that are all locked. The military has taken all of the food except for small amounts they forgot about. We can hear metal work going on inside as well as training.

Journal Entry, Miner Emerald Bitehammer

Mid Autumn: Just to think i helped them make that bunkers now we are all starving and the infected are still in the rooms, wait oh my god in the horizon! A Caravan!!!! wait oh god... they are running they are being chased!

Mid Autumn: A Caravan arrived earlier today it brought along 100 infected as well as door smashers, the caravan held out to the end the remaining settlers outside of the bunker are trapped inside the 2nd living quarters they are training with makeshift spears and such.

Journal Entry, Miner Emerald Bitehammer

Mid Autumn: I am bitten... trapped inside my room but i managed to kill 6 of them before i had to retreat to my room. They are outside if anyone reads this tell them sfgsjagjasgj s...... (Unreadable Text)

Journal Entry, Woodcutter Ash Wonder

Late Autumn: We are starving there are only 10 of us left, 4 are injured and 1 is bitten. They are banging on the doors please save us someone!

Late Autumn: All remaining settlers are dead.... food is running low and people are getting depressed.... 4 out of the 5 iron doors are gone... Oh god it is breaking all soldiers to stations!

Journal Entry, Merchant  Vega Evafish

Oh god everyone is dead the last sign up survival seems to of been in a old bunker there was one survivor a brutally injured militia commander arm torn off and every inch of his body injured. He died earlier this morning we are leaving fast!

To sum it up a outbreak occurred and destroyed my entire fortress

THANKS FOR READING :D

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The Fall Of Deadwind (Outbreak)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 11:59:46 am »

I like how this was done, only wish I was more familar with the Outbreak mod.

magnum2016

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 06:40:19 pm »

It is actually the Corrosion Mod

It is very fun but difficult I had a population near 150 and in less than a year they all died with about 100 dying in one season

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 11:02:56 pm »

Way to make me want to play this mod again. Seriously, simplistic but still well done. Now to go download Corrosion...