Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: Lakebones: Slaughtering Player-Inserts since 105  (Read 69787 times)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Lakebones: The Exile [New Succession Game]
« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2012, 10:47:36 pm »

I love how harper's like "We haven't heard from him let's move on" and then suddenly BAM, the entirety of his turn is posted at once.

Edit: The toad's eating, obviously. What else would it be doing in the dining room? Playing tennis?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:54:37 pm by laularukyrumo »
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2012, 04:40:34 am »

I love how harper's like "We haven't heard from him let's move on" and then suddenly BAM, the entirety of his turn is posted at once.
Lol, yeah, I asked him how it was going by PM yesterday.

Good stuff, sir, made me crack up reading about it. Where the bloody heck did all the migrants appear from?!?
I'm also shocked I was made the Mayor... apparently none of the newcomers had any decent social skills at all.

Will put up a Harper diary soon and also let Brewster know he needs to pick up the save.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2012, 07:02:24 am »

Start posts updated.

I looked at the save quickly and saw that all the tiles got assigned weird values (food barrels were traction benches and things like that). Don't know whats going on with that... but I assuming the same sort of thing happened to you, AustralianWinter, when you got my save hence causing your initial 'it appears to be abandoned problems'.

Anyway, just in case anyone else has troubles (it might be something I customised and forgot about), I used LNP to reset the save to the Base Phoebus Tileset, and re-uploaded it to Mediafire HERE.

EDIT, SOME THOUGHTS:
>> Lol, why did you assign the ENTIRE two migrant waves to woodcutting? They don't have the axes!
>> Why are there forbidden animal corpses in the dining room!? Hasn't that been making miasma!?
>> Geez, these migrants are all unskilled loafers with loads of kids, aren't they? Eight fisherdwarves came to a frozen lake! Idiots!
>> I think Ustuth Lolortunom would've been ideal for Pivole's dwarfing, but I guess Brewster can do that now, yes?
>> Also, Harper's rapidly getting peeved by the looks of it since his room requirements aren't being met... but lol on my trade edict about backpacks. Gonna have to think of a funny story for that one.
>> On the more positive side of things, I like the archery barracks and it seems to be effective, since we have about 5-6 above average marksdwarves now.

Looks like there's a bit of mess for Bdak to deal with though... :o
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:26:39 am by eharper256 »
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2012, 09:30:21 am »

EDIT, SOME THOUGHTS:
>> Lol, why did you assign the ENTIRE two migrant waves to woodcutting? They don't have the axes!
>> Why are there forbidden animal corpses in the dining room!? Hasn't that been making miasma!?
>> Geez, these migrants are all unskilled loafers with loads of kids, aren't they? Eight fisherdwarves came to a frozen lake! Idiots!
>> I think Ustuth Lolortunom would've been ideal for Pivole's dwarfing, but I guess Brewster can do that now, yes?
>> Also, Harper's rapidly getting peeved by the looks of it since his room requirements aren't being met... but lol on my trade edict about backpacks. Gonna have to think of a funny story for that one.
>> On the more positive side of things, I like the archery barracks and it seems to be effective, since we have about 5-6 above average marksdwarves now.

Looks like there's a bit of mess for Bdak to deal with though... :o

Winter's not really the best organiser, and some of the rushed decisions were halfways his, halfway mind. I'm a bit hung up on some big written assignments right now. The whole charcoal industry is also grinding to a halt, and the gold furniture for Winter and Harper is really taking its time. Well, Winter doesn't mind, but Harper might get really angry, if nothing happens.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2012, 03:09:55 pm »

WHAT THE TOAD WAS DOING:

checking up on his creations.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2012, 03:24:00 pm »

WHAT THE TOAD WAS DOING:

What is the toad doing? Probably eating someone who's name starts with an A, and ends with a u.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2012, 03:37:54 pm »

dont get it.
Highly Opinionated Fool

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2012, 06:03:05 pm »

Winter's not really the best organiser, and some of the rushed decisions were halfways his, halfway mind. I'm a bit hung up on some big written assignments right now. The whole charcoal industry is also grinding to a halt, and the gold furniture for Winter and Harper is really taking its time. Well, Winter doesn't mind, but Harper might get really angry, if nothing happens.
Oh, don't worry about it; this is part of the fun, eh? I appreciate IRL takes priority; and exactly as you say, its in Winter's character to make a few odd decisions.

Though it'll be pretty silly though if Harper tantrums from not enough furniture... heck knows how I'll explain how he suddenly got so pissy in his journals... too much stress probably, lol.

Also, not heard from Brewster; if we don't hear from him by tommorow evening, we'll shuffle him down the list and let Overmind go.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2012, 08:27:07 pm »

Uh, Brewster is playing. Not very well, apparantly, but he is working on it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2012, 08:33:51 pm »

can you beings TELL US?!?!?!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2012, 09:07:32 pm »

so.... I'm not to blame but... 3 of the dwarf'ed dwarfs might have died, and 27 other dwarfs have died... NOT MY FAULT!!! Shall I just cont. and that's life? It is DF after all. or shall I load up for my last save?

My vote is "that's life"

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2012, 09:16:19 pm »

My vote is "goddamnit, Winter died".

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2012, 09:26:11 pm »

Bueller Bueller Bueller

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2012, 09:37:24 pm »

FYI Legendary dwarfs blink on corpse piles... that's weird.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2012, 09:40:42 pm »

Ill take a dwarf, and an overseer spot if you are still open to new overseers (assuming the waiting list hasn't hit 20, in which case, ill be surprised if the fort actually survives for that long).

As for the dwarf, anything besides farmer, fisher, or animal caretaker (something working with rocks or glass is preferable, but go ahead and assign me to pretty much any profession.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31