Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: Lakebones: Slaughtering Player-Inserts since 105  (Read 69114 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Lakebones: The Exile [Frozen Lake Succession Fort]
« Reply #285 on: January 05, 2013, 03:48:59 pm »

like your image.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Dusky

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of the cult of the Blessed Beard
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 05, 2013, 08:13:23 pm »

like your image.

Why thank you, it appears my obsession with Brian Blessed pays off for once!

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #287 on: January 06, 2013, 05:04:55 am »

Did someone sayBRIAN BLESSED!!?

I've added you to the dorfing list.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:06:31 am by eharper256 »
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 06, 2013, 11:40:24 am »

Get on with it!
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Vex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 06, 2013, 05:29:23 pm »

I've got the save, I'm reading up on what happened. First update will be tomorrow evening local. :)

Edit:

The save seems a tad corrupted. All walls are noted with an 'a. Does someone know how to restore  the default tileset?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:38:17 pm by Vex »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 06, 2013, 07:10:59 pm »

That has to do with graphics packs...

Not sure how to fix it, unless you have LNP? Then just have the save be reformatted to your tileset.

Vex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 06, 2013, 07:23:25 pm »

That has to do with graphics packs...

Not sure how to fix it, unless you have LNP? Then just have the save be reformatted to your tileset.

I don't use a tile set. Oh well, its playable  :)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 06, 2013, 07:42:38 pm »

Like the ASCII? Yeah, the graphics packs just use different letters for everything.

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #293 on: January 07, 2013, 05:05:06 am »

Yeah, if you have LNP, just get it to re-format all your saves in ASCII. It seems it's gone through alot of formats with everyone using different things, lol.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 07, 2013, 05:08:27 am »

Hope it stays ASCII. I have a kickin' tileset.

Vex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 07, 2013, 05:38:14 am »

Hope it stays ASCII. I have a kickin' tileset.

I like the default ASCII look. Now the walls look kinda fucked so maybe your tileset wont work on the walls :/

Vex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 07, 2013, 05:18:15 pm »

17th of Granite
So there I am, sitting quietly in the diner, waiting for some food and this guy shows up. "You're the boss now" he said, like I can magically fix the problems this fort has.

I took stock at what I had to work with.  We're just one birth away from a gross of dwarves, got food for a month and drink for a season. We got the smallest farm I have ever seen and drink production is so inefficient that the people are practically drinking directly out of the still.

The major is telling everyone who will listen that he needs a better place to sleep and that we need exactly two more bins. I hear fighting upstairs, our defense sucks, our militias suck and it's too damn cold.

This won't be fun, and part of me just wants to sit down at a craft station and work on the order of helms and bolts I still have to finish…

As my first act as boss I requested my own workspace, and a bigger room! Not only will it be the most awesome room, it will be mine.

After giving out my orders I walked upstairs to check on the battle, it sounds a bit more quiet now.

It looks like two thieves managed to sneak inside and wound some of our warriors. After asking why the guard dogs didn't catch them I learned that we don't have guard dogs. When I asked them to put down some ropes so we could get some guard dogs at the entrance I learned that we don't have any rope either.

I'm not sure how this is going to work out, but I requested some ropes be made.

19th of Granite
Sankis came to look at my office, or the hole in the wall that will be my office, and told me he can't make ropes for the dogs. When asked why he said "because it's walled off and there is a body on the loom.

I took a fifth drink and requested the blockade to be removed and the body to be buried.

24th of Granite

Migrants arrived, I stopped counting at the 40th. I don't understand why all these people come here. There is no food, no water, no nothing here.

2nd of Slate
Still no chained up dogs, I'll just recap: We have no thread, so we have no cloth, so we have no ropes, so we have no chained up death dealing dogs so everything will be slain and stolen.

7th of Slate

Armok I hate this frozen hellhole

12th of Slate
My bedroom is finished. I guess that makes me a bit glad. I requested the engravers to start on my tomb.

15th of Slate
We just ran out of our last dwarvenly cold grey mushroom. Only cooked food for now on. I would order the kitchens to be closed but a lot of my fellow dwarves seem to like this elvish food.

I just this it's a bit too… uppity I guess.

26th of Slate,
I just made The most awesome, shiny silver workspace for me and me alone. Then Zon Domasdasnast barges in, fully possessed by the notion that he needs to create something unique, something wonderful. I would've kicked him out if I didn't know that feeling. I'll leave him be but I hope he doesn't make the silver dull.

4th of Felsite,

For some reason no one is resetting the cage traps. I've cleared the sprung traps, requested a few new cages to be build but no one is placing the new cages. I sure as hell am not going out there, there have been several thieves trying to sneak in and I'm not going to stand in the way of the militia.

I'll be playing more tomorrow! Be gentle, it's my first succession game :$

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 08, 2013, 01:40:38 am »

Haha, the body in the sealed loom.

That was a moody dwarf who wanted something I just flat-out couldn't provide. So he got himself a lavish tomb. ;)

Also. Regarding the thieves, do you have the drawbridge sealed up shut? That should keep them out. That, and about the food... try and cave in or channel out the big block of dirt that's to the south of the farm. It's what's left over from my attempt to get it probed for sub-sealevel overland farming.

(ps, was my first succession too, no worries mate :3 Just say "fuck anybody who whines too much", put food production first and frivolities never, make like 10 wooden spiked balls or something for when the caravan comes, and you'll be fine. The way I finally drove off the siege was stationing the squad of marksdwarves on the roof and letting them pelt various dumbasses with arrows until they fled.)
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #298 on: January 08, 2013, 05:14:06 am »

I take it the Guard Dog and Guard Giant Olm died and someone removed the original ropes from the entrance then? Heh...

You could forge some chains instead I guess.

It's also my first succession, both running and playing it, dude, don't worry about it, you're doing fine.

Harper wants Bins now? He's obsessed with storage it seems. Lol.

Vex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 08, 2013, 05:32:01 pm »

10th of Felsite

Zon, the dude who claimed my workshop, had a child (it's her beard that confuses me, it's very manly). She didn't even leave my shop, she wants leather, bones and cloth. I don't care about the leather but the cloth and bones are mine! The baby just crawled away on its own. I decided to follow it

12th of Felsite
The child just crawled into a wall, that's 2 days of my time gone. It must be hard growing up without a mother though.

13th of Felsite
I ordered all booze to be brought to the depot near the dining hall. I'm tired of dwarves drinking out of the still.

16th of Felsite

A couple of elves appeared on the horizon. They say they want to trade… I'm getting my militia up and armed just to be sure.

20th of Felsite

Look at them, our proud warriors. I think we can just take everything without them saying a word… I give the command to slash their elven throats

The first elf falls when a perfectly aimed bolt hits him in the Thalamus. The second one is less boring, I'll try to recap:
The full militia charges the elf but the elf jumps and twists away from the attack.
Some dwarf stabbed him with an iron spear, I couldn't see who did it but the itty bitty elven guts fell right out of its body.
When the elf fell down the Captain chopped off his left leg and it flew away in a spray of blood.
Someone shot a bolt at point blank range right into the chest of the elf, obliterating its heart.
Even though the elf is now bleeding out (and probably dead already, weak elfs) Iton cleaves its chest open with one chop of his +iron battle axe+ . Then the Captain kneels down over it and try to bite its lower lip off...

I claim everything in their carts as my price.

They had a shitload of plant food with them, and some other stuff I guess. I didn't really have time to check. One thing I did see. Cloth, beautiful cloth. I can finally get my guard animals.

12th of Hematite
Not much is happening after the Slaughtering of the elves. I walked around the fortress and asked everyone what they were doing. Everyone who didn't give me a satisfying answer got smoothing duty.

16th of Hematite
OMG, THERE IS A TOAD THERE, MURDER IT, BUTCHER IT, YOUR LEADER DEMANDS IT. And kill those bird things, I'd like some meat and Zon still wants some bones.

17th of Hematite
Went down to the Shop to tell Zon that she'll get the bones in a day or two. She didn't take that well.

*sigh* Oh well, call the Militia.

Quick, clean and painless, it's a shame.

1st of Malachite
Not much happened in the second half of Hematite. I've been mostly crafting knickknacks in my pretty, shiny shop.

Didn't have much time tonight. I hope I can play more tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31