Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: Lakebones: Slaughtering Player-Inserts since 105  (Read 69681 times)

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
Re: Lakebones: The Exile [Recruiting 2-4 new overseers!]
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2013, 06:24:32 am »

Our current queued dorfing list can be found in the second post, though I believe there are only two waiting right now, Dusky and Tasrak. Let us know when they're done so I can pull them from the list and hopefully give a link to their statpage.

EDIT: By the way, you might want to Dwarf yourself... can't recall doing so for you...

As for images; I've used Photobucket for a long time and they've never let me down; though they have an obnxious interface they keep 'improving' that's been ticking me off recently. Nevertheless, they're a decent option.

And woo, updates!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:29:59 am by eharper256 »
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 18, 2013, 11:14:16 am »

A complete overhaul of the forges are underway. As we do not have access to magma yet, i have staged the bar/ore stockpiles on several floors immediately above and below the forges. This should streamline the process of forging materials IMMENSELY.\

Aww, there goes my quantum stockpile setup o-o
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2013, 08:35:20 pm »

update later today, but really, can someone explain to me how the workshops in this fort work, same as the stockpiles? cause i am at the point that i am seriously considering just redoing the whole damn thing.

We got a GIGANTIC food stockpile (one of the most inefficient things ive ever seen), coke that is in a stockpile that doesnt exist (we have about 200 of it, but i cannot find it), and a dining hall (if you can call it that) that has no doors, takes up about 1/2 of the space, and extends a good ten squares into the food storage area (which is across the hall).
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #333 on: January 19, 2013, 04:52:02 am »

This is the problem: layers upon layers of madness of previous overseers. That is all. :P
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 19, 2013, 06:03:44 am »

argh, update will be tommorrow (a LOT of organizing went down, stockpiles were cleaned, workshops reorganized, everything is running well)

Im in the middle of summer atm, so ill probably have fall up tomorrow (one BIG update)
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 20, 2013, 01:46:15 am »

Just a snippet of what ive done, i should be able to push out another update in a few hours. Just thought that i should let you all know what is going on.

13th Felsite:

Everyone in the fort seems to be happy around here, except a dwarf by the name of Dumat. He keeps throwing tantrums and it making an overall ass of himself.

Additionally, i found out why the records were not updated. A dwarf by the name of Aseaheru Ducimgeb was in charge of not only managing the work orders, but updating the stockpile records. As he is obviously not competent enough to do both of these tasks, i have taken other unnamed dwarf that is naturally more competent in the role of bookkeeper to fill his place (He will still be manager though).

16th Felsite:

An elven caravan shows up on the horizon

18th Felsite:

Dumat has been causing so many problems for us, and since he is now just sulking in his bedroom, i had a door installed on his room and locks it. He will either get better or will no longer be a problem for us.

20th Felsite:

Since i cannot find the offices for any of the nobles anywhere, i have designated new offices to be constructed.

24th Felsite:

I think that i might just have Harper Ekastiden punished for Insurrection. Harper has ONE job, just ONE. Be there  and trade for the caravans when they show up. Yet whenever they do manage to show up, he just runs off to get a drink. Unless he gets to the trading depot by the time that the merchants leave, he's fired.

25th Felsite:

Seriously, someone has to be playing a joke on me, we now have 4 giant cave spiders sitting in the fort, two in cages, and two on chains.

26th Felsite:

Well, dumat went insane today, so much for hoping that he will get better. I ordered the door forbidden, hopefully noone will realize that he is dead for quite some time.

Also, in another sad note, a Ranger by yhe name of Sodel Atisraluk died of thirst today... since apparently nobody bothered to bring him any water. Seriously, this fortress is so disorganized.

30th Felsite:

We have traded for virtually every item in the elves caravan. All for a few spiked iron balls.

Also, i have decided on making a shaft down to the magma sea (or any other vent), so that we can get a magma forge up and running.

7th Hematite:

We received some interesting news from the miners. On two happy notes, we have hit a magma vent (and the magma sea by extension), as well as putting us within site of adamantine. However, we have discovered a curious underground structure. From what i can tell, the southern-most wall borders that magma tube that we hit. I am not touching it...

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #336 on: January 20, 2013, 05:00:29 am »

Lol, Harper's doing the usual broker trick of getting wasted when the caravan arrives then. You say he has 'one job' though, so does that mean he's no longer the mayor? If so, who replaced him?

Anyway, you picked an imghost yet? Nevertheless keep up the good work. 8)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 20, 2013, 08:22:25 am »

Eeeeeeee, curious underground structure!

Time to raid the fort as an adventurer! I remember the last time I went looking for the Circus, I limped wandered around the caverns for a few RL hours before saying "fuck it" and getting my lungs perforated.
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 20, 2013, 08:36:23 am »

update will come tomorrow (working on a good narrative), but i gotta say laularukyrumo your character is a moron. Who else would run INTO a magma vent immediately after breaching it instead of running away (it wasnt even pressurized for armok's sake). That's the first magma death i have had as a result of breaching the tubes in a good TEN forts.

No sieges yet... im getting nervous
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:38:18 am by bp920091 »

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 20, 2013, 07:25:24 pm »

Well.

Shit. XD

I'm going to blame it on malnutrition. >.> Famine and a pair of sieges will do that.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 21, 2013, 04:28:15 am »

19th Hematite:

Tragedy has struck the fort today. Laularukyrumo was killed earlier via melting. He was sent down to fill up the magma supply for the new forges. A look in his eye was seen by all those who passed him. His desire to get away from the cold above was visible on his face. As he punctured the wall of the magma tube, magma slowly flowing towards him, he murmured "Warmth" and dove into the oncoming magma.

Additionally, that child that claimed a craftsdwarfs worshop went insane. Not just any insanity, but he went bezerk.

The way the millitary handled the situation was rather terrifying though...

30th Hematite:

Apparently this fort brings out the worst in people, our  millitia commander decided to go bezerk. On the bright side, one of the tame giant cave spiders running around the fort (we apparently have them in decent quantities now) was right next to them and immediately subdued the dwarf.

To offset this tragedy, we had 14 migrants (10 adults)

7th Malachite:

The giant cave spiders guarding the entrance of our fort obviously are not doing a good job, as we had a kobold thief show up. The millitary solved it in its usually psychopathic way and spent the better part of three days pumping the kobold full of iron bolts.

19th Malachite:

To solve the issue of unhappiness in the fort, i have ordered 16 pipes, corkscrews, and the framework for happiness generators. (4x 4x4 circular waterfalls powered by a perpetual motion generator).

11th Galena:

A "Useless Peasant" was put to rest due to the new policies that i have put into place.

15th of Galena:

A Vile force of Darkness has arrived...

Our millitary springs ito action, just as the guild representative for the humans conducts talks.... outside... on the battlefield (humans are insane).

Dealing with the siege now, report will be up after the siege is over.

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #341 on: January 21, 2013, 04:35:11 am »

Lol, looks like you're having quite a turn. I shall add laularukyrumo's death to the list. :'(

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 21, 2013, 12:57:27 pm »

i forget, am i in the army?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 21, 2013, 07:53:26 pm »

Haha, useless peasant.

I remember when I got my migrant wave, I went through and added that title to anyone I either wasn't sure what to do with or didn't see any skills on at all, with the intent of putting them to work later. That didn't happen :P

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 22, 2013, 10:39:12 pm »

also sorry about the double-post... but I kinda want to be re-dorfed, with the custom profession "Magmatouched"

the story is that she dove headfirst into the magma to warm up, everyone just presumed her to be dead. Then she shows up a few days later, charred black, but otherwise looking like nothing had happened, just going about her business. :P

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31