Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Lakebones: Slaughtering Player-Inserts since 105  (Read 69667 times)

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
Re: Lakebones: The Exile [Recruiting 2-4 new overseers!]
« Reply #345 on: January 23, 2013, 05:39:59 am »

I'm sure that can be arranged.

Although bp seems to have gone quiet all of a sudden.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 23, 2013, 02:29:18 pm »

Sorry for the delays, i have been hit with a LOT of RL stuff to do (happily that has ended).

On the bright side, look for an update within a few hours that (may?) be my last one.

Without the siege, i would have gotten done a LOT sooner... There are a HUGE number of suicidal dwarves in the fortress (or those that REALLY like socks).
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 24, 2013, 04:21:12 am »

Ok, i cannot find my third update, it apparently vanished... not fun, because it had my whole siege writeup inside it.

As a result, i will write a summary of the siege.

The Siege went like this:
80 gobbos/mounts showed up, including a full squad of archers (and the general who was a master archer). Seemingly at this time, a sock showed up (its the only explanation i can think of), and a good 30 dwarves charged STRAIGHT onto the oncoming horde. The gates were closed and the marksdwarves took their place on top of the tower. In the initial wave, a good 15 dwarves were killed (despite me putting them into a squad and COMMANDING them to go back inside). Everything outside was forbidden and the remainder of the millitary was put into a tight formation, right at the entrance of our fort. Strangely, at this moment, a "Swarm" (if that is the proper name for it) of bark scorpion men showd up and started ripping apart the goblin archers. The gates were let down and the remainder of the outside dwarves led the invaders inside our fort.

As they approached the fort, the goblin's numbers were thinned immensely by the archers and the cagetraps, yet this was not enough to staunch the oncoming horde, that came next. You know those random giant cave spiders that i had talked about? well, it turns out that they saved the fortress. No immediate kills, but they sprayed SO much webbing on top of the invading squads that the goblins never actually made it past the third line of traps (there are 6 in all), all but one, who made it as far as the stairs.

This goblin, the leader of the siege, managed to dodge his way past the tunnel of webs, get over the cage traps (they were all full), and actually get under cover. This was as far as he got because he decided to aim for the GCS that was the FARTHEST away from the other spiders, and 3 others latched onto him at the same time. Injecting poison into his veins, they held him down while the millitary caved in his head.

After that, the siege broke, and a stock of dwarves was taken. Our numbers had dropped down to 140, and we had lost many dwarves to this siege.

I took this as a reminder that no fortress is safe from goblin invasions, and that our defenses were not adequate enough to stop another siege of this size.

End result:
14-(possibly 25) dwarves killed
25 goblins captured (to be executed)

5th Sandstone:

More migrants showed up

The fort is falling apart in some aspects. The old overseers are mostly dead or deeply insane. Aussieevil II is standing outside on top of a cage (I thought that he was in it, but he wasnt, he was just on TOP of it) and cackling like a madman.

like 6 people have gone insane (despite the fact that over half the fort is ecstatic) over the past two months.

As a result, i have instituted a policy of !!!MANDATORY HAPPINESS!!! If you feel a bit sad, you MUST stand around in the dining room and appreciate the lovely statues, engravings, and waterfalls. If you get sad, you are ASSIGNED to a burrow where you will get happy.

11th Moonstone:

2 ambushes have occurred, claiming the lives of 3 random passerby. In the commotion, 2 goblin pedophiles have shown up and stolen 2 children. (Their parents are taking it pretty well, still ecstatic).

As a result of the ambushes and siege, we have nearly filled up our prisoner storage area. In order to clean this out, we first strip our prisoners, then toss them down a shaft that we use to dispose of prisoners in (locked door and 10x iron spears at the bottom). After they are all good and dead, we take their weapons from them).

What follows is the list of the remaining dwarfed people. Everyone else has either not been dwarfed, or perished in the siege of 105
Dr Bdak Akrulidth, Chief Medical Dwarf (yet you are a +5 legendary miner...)
Pufferfish Menggeb, Accomplished Engraver
Babylon Ragtulon, Mason
Fishyband Asteshleast Oltarkobem Egul, Millitia Commander (translates to Cudgelflanked the Gilded Troubles of Control, 8 gobbo kills, 5 random kills, including a black bear you wrestled to death)
AussieEvil II, Maester (Great mechanic, Still laughing like a madman on top of that cage)
Bp920091, Mechanic (Current Overseer)
Aseaheru Ducimgeb, Bookkeeper
Harper Ekastiden, Broker
Salmeuk Athelonthlest, Furnace Operator

Also, laularukyrumo, i did not reincarnate you as another dwarf, as your ghost showed up right as i was about to, and is currently chilling in the middle of the dining room (possibly preaching about the warmth of magma).

Seriously though, WHERE DO THESE GIANT CAVE SPIDERS COME FROM. WE HAVE FIVE NOW! THEY ARE ALL TAME! I SURE DIDN'T DO IT!

22nd Moonstone:

A kid created a Moonstone Earring from a possession, he doesn't know what came over him, and cant remember a damn thing... best assume that nothing happened. Its made out of mudstone, has nothing on it that is significant (literally, it is just a big rock with a few low quality gems on it)

Mandatory Happiness policy is still in effect... Actually producing some fine results. out of the 153 dwarves that we have right now:
4: Miserable (Either Insane or put in the !!Happy Room!!
2: Unhappy (!!Happy Room!! attendees)
13: Fine (!!Happy Room!! attendees)
39: Content (They can go about their business, but im watching them)
47: Happy (4 of which are !!Happy Room!! graduates)
48 Ecstatic (12 of which are !!Happy Room!! graduates)

Only 4 dwarves have snapped since the policy has been put into effect, and it seems to be working wonders. One girl, a Legendary +3 metalsmith by the name of Tun Alathcubor, has a happiness of 1150, despite both of her children being carried off by pedophiles, her husband dying, being caught in the rain, vomiting from going outside, annoyed by flies, and having to sleep on the floor with noise around her (MAN, that !!Happy Room!! room works GREAT!) She is also 20, so, maybe its just an effect of her being young.

Also, please note that only the right half of the !!HAPPY ROOM!! is working, and 2 out of 4 happiness generators are operating (I messed up the orientation on two of them, so you got your work cut out for you). Imagine how happy the fort will get if you get all of them operational.

15th Obsidian:

We get the proposition to become a barony. I see no other proper candidate than the founder of the fort, Harper Ekastiden

19th Obsidian:

I like our new guard-dogs. A kobold thief tried to sneak in the front gate, when 4 giant cave spiders pounced on top of him and paralyzed him, while a grizzly bear ripped his head off. Much better than guard dogs. Oh, and the first hit was a bite to the EYE, inserting the venom through there.

Another kobold thief sees what happens to his buddy and flees as fast as he can go towards the horizon. I can only imagine the stories that he will tell to his comrades...

Additionally, we get plenty of giant cave spider silk whenever a thief shows up, so instead of losing wealth when they show up, we GAIN wealth

1st Granite:

Spring has finally arrived, and with it, my job as overseer is complete... I leave this fort in a happier state than it was in before. Consequently, !!!MANDATORY HAPPINESS!!! is a sucess, with only 3 dwarfs being fine, the remainder being content (22), Happy (53), or Ecstatic (72).

Save

Sorry for no pictures, i took some, and will be updating them over the next few days
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:26:41 am by bp920091 »
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #348 on: January 24, 2013, 06:03:17 am »

Oh my, those are the only survivors... Well, I updated the dorfing list. Its more dead than alive now I think... yikes...

I shall send a PM to Scruffy.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 24, 2013, 06:08:19 am »

Oh my, those are the only survivors... Well, I updated the dorfing list. Its more dead than alive now I think... yikes...

I think that lau has been giving lessons on how to warm up by being suicidal. After all, he DID die warm (body parts sure aren't cold when they melt off you)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 24, 2013, 09:31:09 am »

I will start my turn tomorrow or saturday at the latest. (sorry, I'm really busy at the moment)
Should be finished by monday. I hope it will be fast enough.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 24, 2013, 11:09:10 pm »

Spiders.

I MIGHT have taken them from one of my trading incursions. I did get a breeding pair, and they were tame, so, that explains a lot.

Also. Wow. Ghostly prophet of magma. I love it.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #352 on: January 25, 2013, 05:38:05 am »

Yeah I can totally see you being a flaming rusalka, dwarf sized. :D

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 26, 2013, 06:09:17 pm »

Change of plans. I won't have time to take a turn this weekend (won't even be near a proper computer tomorrow or monday) so I will have to skip the turn. Sorry for wasting your time.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #354 on: January 27, 2013, 04:36:43 am »

Urk... do you want to be moved to the bottom of the list?

I shall contact Vex for his 2nd attempt.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 28, 2013, 03:31:02 pm »

The Lakebones !!CURSE!!

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2013, 04:49:55 am »

Yes... it now seems to be true, sadly...

Well, I think the list of overseers is exhausted, and no-one else is interested right now, so unless someone else posts to claim a spot I think the tenure of Lakebones is going to end with you, BP.

Ah well, it was a nice enough run I guess.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 29, 2013, 06:27:23 am »

Kinda sad to see this thing peter out. If nobody else shows up, and you're okay with me jumping back in so soon, I wouldn't mind keeping this thing going for at least a turn. If not, I'll take the save and adventure the hell out of it.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
Re: Lakebones: The Exile: OVERSEERS NEEDED: Succession
« Reply #358 on: January 29, 2013, 01:44:20 pm »

Kinda sad to see this thing peter out. If nobody else shows up, and you're okay with me jumping back in so soon, I wouldn't mind keeping this thing going for at least a turn. If not, I'll take the save and adventure the hell out of it.

If you will take a turn  count me in after you take it.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 29, 2013, 02:12:07 pm »

I wrestled a black bear to death!? Holy crap! My dwarf is BOSS! :P
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31