Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Kobold Temple of Hoofchannel  (Read 1505 times)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
The Kobold Temple of Hoofchannel
« on: January 31, 2017, 03:27:21 pm »

So, I'm playing Dorf Fort modded with minor amounts of cheats (Namely increased embark points due to a plot point ill bring up later in this initial post, and likely a water source adding cheat).

This entire thing is two test two things; How long a 5x5 fort can last when all civilizations have died off, and how well my kobold civ can hold off on their own.

The world map is as follows;

https://gyazo.com/a2978d5842d671f60e014086922c3413 , with my fort being settled at the evil mountains' base, though alongside two forests, one hot and coniferous, one warm and broadleaf.

Amongst my starting supplies are plenty of sentient slave races, a handful of meat products for my trolls, and plenty of types of booze and seed.

This fort should, if all goes well, last a while, in spite of the increased amounts of megabeasts and nonexistant trade. I'll give updates as stuff happens, since i've turned off compressed saves this time around so my saves won't corrupt.

I also will accept Kobold-ings
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:16:24 pm by Kyubee »
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: The Kobold Temple of Flutelenses
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 03:51:41 pm »

Now, heres the results of the first month:
One of the kobolds immediately became king and prohibitted export of crutches... when trade doesnt exist because society has collapsed... Dumbarse...

So far my kobolds have started mining, and right under the surface they found a layer of stone, lucky me. theyre now tunneling deep in directions i wont set up housing in, in order to provide some stones for the temple project.

Given how we've settled in the ruins of an ancient forest retreat, our stream has a bridge already built over it, lucky us.

Month II

The king decided he's a jerk, and banned the export of leather armor, too. Firstly; WHO ARE WE GONNA EXPORT STUFF TO?

Secondly, I'm getting ready to set up some buildings for my poor, poor kobolds, who are caught out in the rain still since there is no shelter yet

future updates may be made ICly
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 04:10:28 pm by Kyubee »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 03:56:16 pm »

Kobold me as Sir Lootington, preferably a soldier who likes fighting with the trolls. And by with, I don't mean againt, I mean with with, you know. And if I can't be a soldier, I'll be the king.

Edit: Actually make that the other way around.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 04:11:34 pm »

Kobold me as Sir Lootington, preferably a soldier who likes fighting with the trolls. And by with, I don't mean againt, I mean with with, you know. And if I can't be a soldier, I'll be the king.

Soldier it is! The king has already been assigned to myself. You are the militia commander, in fact.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 04:14:02 pm »

Soldier it is! The king has already been assigned to myself. You are the militia commander, in fact.
HURAY!
WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY!
ENEMIES OF KOBOLDS TREMBLE!
I WILL... I dunno.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 04:23:56 pm »

HURAY!
WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY!
I WILL... I dunno.

I have no idea either. given how the rest of the worlds sentients are dead, your jobs gonna be kinda boring.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 04:25:35 pm »

HURAY!
WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY!
I WILL... I dunno.

I have no idea either. given how the rest of the worlds sentients are dead, your jobs gonna be kinda boring.
Heh heh heh...

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 04:46:03 pm »

Update: This is the worst/most !!FUN!! area i've ever settled, because the game decided "Yknow what, even outside of the evil areas you cant build 1 tile above the ground or youll be struck with despair-inducing ooze." I may have to retire/abandon this fort and start again somewhere more !!FUN!! in different, survivable ways where I can build my megaproject. You will still be the militia commander though.

Yeah, I've retired it; Hey, if theres two settlements cant I get trade again, anyways? I dunno. I dun care. that fort was horrible.

I deleted the world to start anew. This time, the world still has every big civ, BUT most are enemies. also we wont get evil weather raining up the wazoo, and i intend to do this one completely legitimate
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:07:31 pm by Kyubee »

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: The Kobold Temple of Hoofchannel
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 05:16:46 pm »

OKAY, attempt number 2; hoofchannel

Aaand it crashed... Im gonna take a while of a break. as in, the whole day. It autosaved on embark so that much is saved. im just annoyed that the previous one wouldnt work at all
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:22:02 pm by Kyubee »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: The Kobold Temple of Hoofchannel
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 08:34:22 pm »

Even though it didn't last long it was a good read..  8)
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.