Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Story 11: Chinese Standoff)  (Read 22649 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Story 6: Fire Exchange)
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2013, 12:02:46 am »

AUGH! GO! GO! GO!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2013, 04:45:30 am »

Kenshin tightens his grip on his blade and attempts to cut down the man attacking him with the knife before his comrades have a chance to regroup.
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Story 5: Not Dead Yet!)
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2013, 09:40:26 am »

"No further questions at all. I want to join this lovely competition." Nikolai affirmed, giving the man the required entrance fee. He was feeling lucky that day, or at least not particularly unlucky. He still had what it took to dodge some hits and take down some punks.

Pay entrance fee, enter competition.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2013, 07:45:59 pm »

Bump for people who did not see :3
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2013, 12:29:07 pm »

((seeing))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2013, 03:32:24 pm »

Anyone else?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2013, 12:15:00 am »

Maybe waitlist time *wink*

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2013, 12:24:44 am »

Antonio grins, and then moves forwards, readying his rifle in case anyone was inside of the caravan.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2013, 11:00:17 am »

(aagggh I am the worst rtD player ever)

Consider options. Was there any time of regroup, or a rally point?
What do I know of those heretics?
How well do their fortifications seem?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2013, 11:01:51 am »

((I am so sorry TCM for not being able to post in the past days D:

Very very sorry...))

A brief respite. Probably time to get to know the soldiers more, I guess. Never wondered how it feels to be fighting on the front lines, away from any civil comfort or soft bed. I wonder how they feel about the people at home...

...I mean, being appreciated.

"You're up, Barro." Leia whispered to herself as she stowed away her notebook and writing implement, ready to get her notes firsthand - through memory.

Begin questioning Barro on the enemy, what kind of story he has waiting, and possibly, what he thinks about home, and if he has any worries.

Also, ask on how he infiltrated an enemy camp. Alone?

Edit:

No me :I

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2013, 12:30:38 pm »

Akio bowed to the woman.
"I'll take the job."
He left the house, and sighed.
"Alright, let's do this. Everyone has to start somewhere."
Head over to the river and start looking
No me :I
((Ha! I'm the worst!

Do I get a prize?))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Story 7: Interview)
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2013, 08:07:23 pm »

Story 7: Interview
(I'm skipping Flintus's turn, but not killing his character off yet, I just think you all deserve a turn for waiting for so long.

"No further questions at all. I want to join this lovely competition." Nikolai affirmed, giving the man the required entrance fee. The man holds out a box and Nikolai puts in 12 Yuan worth of coins. "Very well, proceed inside to Room 9." Nikolai follows the instructions and proceeds into the a special duelist-only entrance to the doom, where he comes to a circular hall. He encircles it until he reaches the room labeled as the ninth. He steps in, and two formally dressed teenage boys are inside. One relieves him of his weapons, placing them carefully on a table and he is handed a Pellet Rifle and a Wooden Longsword.

After a few minutes of waiting, a horn bellows and the boys motion for him to enter the arena through a clear door. Nikolae steps outside and looks around, to see 15 other men all standing at even intervals away in the stadium-sized arena. Everything is plain, the ground is simply sand, but there is a section of what looks like rocky ruins in the center of the arena. The crowd cheers, and some of the constants charge straight for the ruined area.

Spoiler: Nikolae Kriegsmacher (click to show/hide)

Antonio holds his rifle steady and walks up to the door, swinging it open carefully and then pointing his gun to the inside. He finds there are 3 people inside; two men, one older and heavier, the other younger and thinner, and a middle-aged woman. They freeze in place. Antonio hears his companion searching through stuff in the back of the carriage.

Spoiler: Antonio Fernandez (click to show/hide)

Revulsion of the events before him makes Chen freeze for a moment, unable to fire upon the enemy.

Spoiler: Chen Yu (Zijin) (click to show/hide)

As the camp is set up for the night, Leia asks Barro if he can be interviewed. "Sure." He pats a wooden seat near him, prompting her to sit down on it. She sits and first asks him about the enemy. "Well, we're fighting these Chinese peasants called the Boxers. They hide in the mountains and forest then charge us with swords and spears. They're barbaric, but luckily Captain Brimstone has trained us to take care of them." Leia asks him for the story he wants to have, and for what he thinks about his home; he shrugs. "All I want is for the war to end so I can take my earnings and take my family to start a business in Manilla." She asks if he has any worries. He drops to a whisper. "I trust Captain Brimstone with my life, but sometimes when I am going to sleep I fear a raid by the Boxer warriors." Finally she asks him how she was able to sneak into a camp. He pulls out his bolo knife. "I went in with this, and I hid in the bushes and behind crates. When a man would come bye I would stab him in the back or the neck.....I almost died too."

It was at this point that Brimstone walked over to the interview, interrupting it with a steaming bowl of broth. "Evenin' Miss Leia, care for some grub?" He held the bowl towards her.

Spoiler: Leia Sano (click to show/hide)

Kenshin drops his revolver and in steads grabs at the collar of the man on the ground. (5 vs. 4) The bandit resits, but Kenshin is still able to pull him up to his feet, and still in his grip. (5 vs. 2) Kenshin then easily throws the man into the bandits on the other side of the room. The flying body of their comrade trips them up, causes them to stagger and disperse. This makes Kenshin's job easier, and he grips his Sabre and charges the bandits. (4 vs. 6) He slashes at one man with a knife, who manages to dodge. (3 vs. 2) He takes his knife and manages to slash Kenshin in the side of his chest. It does not hit anything vital nor is it deep, but the wound starts bleeding.

Kenshin is cut and responds to this by gripping his Sabre and slashing at the bandit. (4+1 vs. 3) Kenshin slashes the man giving him a deep cut across his shoulder, causing him to drop his sword. As he is stunned, Kenshin kicks him and sends him tumbling back into the cave. After this, Kenshin fires his Taurro revolver at the bandits piled together in a mess at the other point of the room. (1 vs. 6) His gun jams, and they are able to get to their feet.

Spoiler: Kenshin Gato (click to show/hide)

Wang falls back and observes the enemy, questioning himself over the current situation. While the army division did split up, they did not discuss a rally point. Hmmph, perhaps they should take more care not to rush these things. The Heretics do not seem like bandits nor Westerns. Based on their style of dress, he indicates them as Nationalistic Boxer Rebels, currently the most-powerful anti-Empire force in Asia. Though what traditional people would be doing in a church is beyond him right now. Finally, the ones that are outside are hiding behind gravestones which puts them at the equivalent of hiding behind tree stumps. However, the ones farther back inside the church seem to have it pretty well defended with improvised defenses.

Wang's unit fires into the gravestone area. (1 vs. 2) They hit the gravestones but not the ones with rebels behind them. (3 vs. 6) There are a confirmed two rebels in the graveyard, and both return small arms fire but fail to hit any of Wang's men. Both of them run back to the church, (1 vs. 6) and easily avoid any shots aimed at them. They run inside the tall church door and slam it shut.

Wang's Unit: 5 (2 Injured)
Rebels: 5? (True # unknown)

Spoiler: Wang Tsaongpa (click to show/hide)

As Charley is spotted by the angry horse owner, he whips the reigns to gallop away. (1) The horse responds by bucking it's hind legs and throwing Charley onto the ground. Charley is unharmed and regains his footing, but the owner tackles him. (1 vs. 3) Charley steps to the side and the owner goes flying down the street.

Spoiler: Charley Dalarko (click to show/hide)

Akio takes the job and bows, setting out to the river. For a look around. (2) He sees several men along the riverfront, but no one matching the description that he was given. Damn.

Spoiler: Akio Mitsuru (click to show/hide)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2013, 08:21:13 pm »

"Alright boy, take anything and everything that might be valuable and put in in a pile by those bushes over there. Then take the horses and tie them to a tree. I'm going to have a little fun..."

Antonio grins like a loon, and steps outside before closing the door carefully. He then takes one of his grenades and ties it to the door in such a way that it will explode if the door is opened. After the boy has taken the goods and the horses, Antonio sets fire to the bottom of the carriage.

"How about we make a bet, boy? I'll wager half of my profits from this job that none of them have the guts to open the door before they burn to death."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2013, 12:04:06 am »

NO. HORSEY. COME BACK. LET ME RIDE YOOOOOOOOU!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2013, 06:21:23 pm »

The prussian man smiled in mirth, also making a swift sprint for the ruins.
"I suddenly feel like I'm twelve years younger!"

Dash for the ruins and take cover, trying to find a good ambush spot.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14