Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Story 11: Chinese Standoff)  (Read 22721 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Sign-ups)
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 04:41:11 am »

waitlist

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:11:37 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 05:33:33 am »

Waitlist!

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 07:52:50 am »

Query: Do us foreigners start in a localized place, or depending on our bio? :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 08:18:08 am »

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 08:20:20 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 10:32:41 am »

Name: John P. T. Harrison
Faction: Eight-Nation Alliance (United States of America)
Religion: Protestant
Appearance: A white Caucasian male, Harrison sports blonde hair and blue eyes, and is quite fit and slender. He is commonly found dressing like the average American middle-class citizen.
Biography: John Harrison was born in the 1880s, to a mother and father with a military heritage. Progressing quickly through school, he eventually recieved training at one of America's finest officer academies. However, when he heard of the boxers and a chance to see the Eastern world, he readily took it, and departed for China under the sponsorship of the US Government.
Primary Weapon: Rifle
Secondary Weapon: Pistol
Attributes: (Leave them blank except for + and - Attributes)
Strength
Endurance
Agility
Perception
Toughness
Stealth (-)
Intelligence (+)
Will
Instinct
Charisma
Dexterity
Luck
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 11:13:08 am »

Spoiler: waitlist please (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:24:37 am by squishynoob »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 11:25:00 am »

Player list and waitlist updated! Now we just wait for made characters. :3

waitlist

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quick question: Why is he Shinto? I mean, there's a lot of reasons he could be. He could have converted, or his parents might have been Japanese immigrants.

Query: Do us foreigners start in a localized place, or depending on our bio? :P

Depends on your bio, everyone's spread out.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 11:37:43 am »

a book about it wash up at his village, it made more sense then the local (village) religion and when he join the army (the first time he left the village) he was set in his way.

made small change to char
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:46:07 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 11:44:00 am »

I think most Chinese peasants were illiterate even in this time period. But of course he could've learned to read by various ways.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 11:55:11 am »

if naruto (fictional) can learn a forbidden jutsu from a scroll (with pictures) in 6 hours (at most) without being able to read(fanon) then my char (who is also fictional) can learn a religion in 10 years or so from a book (with pictures) without being able to read.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 11:59:41 am »

if naruto (fictional) can learn a forbidden jutsu from a scroll (with pictures) in 6 hours (at most) without being able to read(fanon) then my char (who is also fictional) can learn a religion in 10 years or so from a book (with pictures) without being able to read.

I would think Naruto would be able to read, as it seemed the Shinobi all received education and reading would just be a fundamental feature of life to function.

Cannon Logic > Fanon

Though him learning via pictures made sense. Peasant populations learned a lot about religion through pictures, especially places where religion wasn't spoken in the vernacular.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 12:06:27 pm »

so my char can be shinto?

edit: done so
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:12:08 pm by scapheap »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 12:10:03 pm »

so my char can be shinto?

Yes, just put the part in about him looking at the pictures.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 05:06:45 pm »

HERE WE GOOO!

Name: Charley Dalarko
Faction: Bandit (US)
Religion: Catholic
Appearance: A rugged-looking white man of average height, Charley oft wears a brown cloak and tattered hat, both riddles with holes, seemingly from either moths or stray bullets. Has green eyes, blonde hair, and a bit of stubble, giving him the wise, but young mentor look. Wears worn leather boots, and faded beige pants.
Biography: Born and raised in what is today known as Texas(Forgive me if I don't know my american history.), and had a good life. He was fed, he was taken care of, he was even taught how to fire a gun at age six. He was happy. But soon after he turned 15, his2 parents died while they were caught in the middle of a gunfight between the local sheriff and the local gang of bandits. His mind shifted horribly that day. At first, his instincts were to go home and try to forget, but he realized...he couldn't. He grabbed his parent's' wallet and purse, grabbed his fathers pistol and Bowie knife he used for protection, and jumped on the nearest horse, riding away as fast as possible. He grew attached to his new pal, and wandered the western US for years, stopping in little towns, buting a meal, and staying the night. But eventually, he just ran out of money, and decided to live off the land for a while. After spending years travelling the western plains, alone and with nothing but his horse, his knife, and his gun, he decided he wanted to settle down somewhere. He was tired of being alone. But he had, as previously stated, just his knife, his horse, and his gun. So he put them to good use. He made big bucks robbing the banks of towns he passed through, eventually making enough money to buy a home, and settle down with the woman of his dreams, a lovely bartender by the name of Lindsey McAdams. He loved his new life. But soon he realized, he liked the thrill of the fight even more. Having heard of the troubles China was having, and the potential war, from a frind in town, he hitched a long ride there, leaving his beloved wife beind, all in the name of justice. Or something else cheesy like that.
Primary Weapon: Pistol
Secondary Weapon: Knife
Attributes: (Leave them blank except for + and - Attributes)
Strength -
Endurance +
Agility -
Perception +
Toughness -
Stealth -
Intelligence +
Will -
Instinct +
Charisma +
Dexterity -
Luck +
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:45:52 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 05:20:20 pm »

Looks good, I'll just wait for you to decide his faction.

Texas has been Texas for several decades by 1900s, so it's just Texas. :P Don't worry, foreign geography is hard. I saw in your profile that you lived in British Columbia and thought to myself, "Is that in South America or Europe?" Then I looked it.
WOOT AMERICAN EDUMACATION

Also, he has 6 -'s but only 5 +'s. That means he should get a + in agility, is that cool with you?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14