Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Story 11: Chinese Standoff)  (Read 22263 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Story 7: Interview)
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2013, 06:26:23 pm »

Akio wandered off towards the town, his hands behind his head.
Well, not quite the tasks I'd imagined, but...
Look around for a bar or anything.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2013, 12:15:43 pm »

Bump bamp.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2013, 12:17:20 pm »

((still here))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2013, 05:43:48 pm »

"Damn Italian gun!"
Kenshin charges the rest of the bandits with his sword raised high to strike!
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2013, 07:52:11 am »

Does the church have openings where the rebels can shoot a gun out of? If there's anything even remotely similar, just hide and wait.

If there are no openings, set fire to the church.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2013, 11:31:16 am »

((Sorry TCM, I thought I had replied to this already D:

Sorry D:))

Leia smiled as the Captain offered her food. "Thank you sir," she said, putting away her notebook and taking in the nice meal. It was sort of cold, not displeasing, but delightful in its own special way. As she ate, she wondered more about the Boxers...What was their purpose?

"Say, these Boxers aren't some kind of anarchist movement, or a rebellious group, are they? I mean, peasants in this kind of revolt must say something about the current regime - why they're called boxers, too? Is there anything wrong with the area that they're bringing in foreign aid?

"Also, thanks Barro."

Engage in intellectual chatter! Also, ask more about these Boxers. Why were they called such? And how can swords and spears beat ranged weaponry?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Story 8: Football Tackles

"I suddenly feel like I'm twelve years younger!" Nikolai thinks to himself as he runs for the ruins, avoiding the arrows, pellets and charges of the other combatants. It seems that within the first minute a number of them had already gone down. Getting his senses, Nikolae looks for a place to hide. (3-1) He hides behind a ruin wall, only for it to crumble before him. Huh. This leaves Nikolae right in front of another combatant. They stare at each other.

Spoiler: Nikolae Kriegsmacher (click to show/hide)

"Alright boy, take anything and everything that might be valuable and put in in a pile by those bushes over there. Then take the horses and tie them to a tree. I'm going to have a little fun..."
The boy follows the orders. As he slowly closes the door, the door slams back against him. (3) Antonio falls onto the ground but quickly backs up to see the younger man in the van leap at him. (1 vs. 2) He ends up bringing Antonio back onto the ground, and on top. (3 vs. 3) He wrestles with the man. The Chinese boy hears the noise. "What's going on?"

Spoiler: Antonio Fernandez (click to show/hide)

Revulsion of the events before him makes Chen freeze for a moment, unable to fire upon the enemy.

Spoiler: Chen Yu (Zijin) (click to show/hide)

Leia graciously accepts her broth and thinks about the Boxers as she eats. When she finishes the bowl, she turns back to Barro. "Say, these Boxers aren't some kind of anarchist movement, or a rebellious group, are they? I mean, peasants in this kind of revolt must say something about the current regime - why they're called boxers, too? Is there anything wrong with the area that they're bringing in foreign aid? Also, thanks Barro."

"You're welcome. Well, yes, they are rebels. Rebelling against their empire. They're called Boxers because they have this whole system of fighting with their fists and feet, like the boxers in America. But for them it's more, almost like a religion. Yes, they're causing problems. Attacking foreigners, merchants, Christians. Anyone who isn't on their list is being slaughtered, women, priests and children included."

"How are their swords and spears beating your guns?"

"Oh, they have their guns too. They switch out: close up they use blades, and when they run away they switch to guns. Tricky bastards, you need a lot of good tactics to beat them."

Spoiler: Leia Sano (click to show/hide)

Kenshin curses his gun before putting both hands on his Sabre and charging the rest of the bandits, Samurai style. (3 vs. 4) One of them slashes his knife at Kenshin, who is forced to block. (2 vs. 6) He slashes again, but Kenshin knocks the knife out of his hands (2 vs. 5) and raises his sword. (1 vs. 2) The man ducks under Kenshin's attack, (5 vs. 1) and kicks him in the torso! Kenshin reels backwards, the wind knocked out of him, giving the bandit enough time to get his knife back.

Spoiler: Kenshin Gato (click to show/hide)

Wang looks for windows the rebels can shoot out of. They are indeed several stained glass windows that have been shattered, and are currently being used as firing places. (3 vs. 6) The rebels fire ineffective shots at Wang's troop. (3 vs. 5) Wang's division responds with the same accuracy. Wang's gives the order to hide and his troops disperse into hiding, giving a final volley into the church. (3 vs. 6) No results. (1 vs. 3) The rebels fire a bit more randomly, as Wang's troops run into the woods nearby with him. They await further orders.

Wang's Unit: 5 (2 Injured)
Rebels: 5? (True # unknown)

Spoiler: Wang Tsaongpa (click to show/hide)

Charley runs past the stunned owner to get the horse. (4-1-1(Trying to catch a horse)) The horse gallops away before Charley gets close. Cursing himself, he feels the owner try to tackle him again. (5 vs. 6) He tackles Charley to the ground, but Charley gets on top of him. (3 vs. 5) Charley punches the owner in the hat.

Spoiler: Charley Dalarko (click to show/hide)

Akio curses before heading to a place where he could find some info, such as a bar. (3) He runs into a local market, with a number of stalls and people milling about. Maybe he could find something here.

Spoiler: Akio Mitsuru (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Look around for the guy. Listen around for rumors about any adulterers.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

STAB HIM. AND MAKE IT LOOK LIKE SUICIDE. OR A FREAK WEATHER...THING.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile

Kenshin spouts out "I refuse to be defeated by common criminals!" in his mother tongue and readies his sword to strike the knife wielding bandit!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:37:42 am by GraveHaunter92 »
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm the worst.  :(
Staring in silence at the chaos below Chen suddenly doubles over and throws up into the dirt in front of him. With the stench of death now fresh in his nostrils and the screams echoing in his mind the last thing he wants is to look up. However the call of a commanding officer quickly snaps the young man back to reality and he takes a deep breath and readies his crossbow. 

He then continues to watch the carnage unfold below, allowing what little training he has had to take over as he repeatedly reloads and fires at the few remaining French soldiers.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:33:37 am by Flintus10 »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Keep watch. We have the upper hand right now. Just keep silent and wait for them to peek out of their roost, then shoot them from our relative safety.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nikolai blinks twice and stares at his opponen's face.
"This is awkward. Well."

Swipe the man's legs from under him with a quick longsword strike and disarm him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"Aren't normal soldiers equipped with a blade for melee combat? A bayonet - am I right?"

Leia was curious. How could rebels achieve such a level of mastery in warfare - either they're using common sense in a tactical manner, or have military sympathizers.

"Who leads the Boxers - as in do they have any sort of connection with the military?"

Inquire some more, and if possible, ask if I could pitch my tent along with the soldier's tents - away from the general camp site of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Antonio?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14