Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Story 11: Chinese Standoff)  (Read 22728 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Sign-ups)
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 05:27:52 pm »

This seems to be shaping up to be an interesting bunch of characters. Are you going to push people together or have everyone go their own way? Because if the latter, my hat's off to you. Nine plotlines would be... interesting to manage.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 05:30:53 pm »

This seems to be shaping up to be an interesting bunch of characters. Are you going to push people together or have everyone go their own way? Because if the latter, my hat's off to you. Nine plotlines would be... interesting to manage.

Everyone on their own, as I did with Imperial Japan. I think a group consisting of Imperial Soldiers, Boxers, Bandits and Eight-Nation Soldiers would end badly.

Though I do imagine players will run across each other at various times, though what they do when they happen upon each other is up to them.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 05:54:11 pm »

Looks good, I'll just wait for you to decide his faction.

Texas has been Texas for several decades by 1900s, so it's just Texas. :P Don't worry, foreign geography is hard. I saw in your profile that you lived in British Columbia and thought to myself, "Is that in South America or Europe?" Then I looked it.
WOOT AMERICAN EDUMACATION

Also, he has 6 -'s but only 5 +'s. That means he should get a + in agility, is that cool with you?

Whoops, just changed it. Thought there were only 11 stats, so we had to choose 5 (-) and 5 (+) and leave the last blank for no bonus. And I see where you would get South America and Europe. Lol.  :P
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 10:19:06 pm »

Waitlist!
Spoiler: Abhaya Swami (click to show/hide)
Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 10:21:57 pm »

Oh, and I had a question, TCM. Can I be from both the Bandits faction AND the Neutral Foreigner one? Or should I just say Bandit (US)?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 10:33:43 pm »

Waitlist please
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 10:37:24 pm »

Oh, and I had a question, TCM. Can I be from both the Bandits faction AND the Neutral Foreigner one? Or should I just say Bandit (US)?

Bandit (US) is good.

Also, I'm just going to assume each character has a rudimentary knowledge of the Chinese language.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2012, 09:57:34 pm »

I'll start writing stuff up when a certain Filipina gives all her character info. :3

In the meantime, anyone have any questions?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012, 10:26:05 pm »

Isn't it Filipino? xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012, 10:49:49 pm »

Filipina - term for female filipino. Though I prefer it being filipino woman instead, or essentially, just filipino (unless the speaker is using it in Tagalog) - this is based on what I've heard the dictionaries have given to it... you know, our history and all. Guess TCM shortened it but I'm ok with that, though I've never heard any non-Filipino use that. :P

Edit: sorry for bad quality though in biography. XD
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 11:14:48 pm by Tiruin »

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 01:45:18 am »

I was wondering if our characters were going to be leading other men, like in your other RTD Blizzard Inferno?  Oh, and do you think most of the action will take place on land or will there be a chance of naval combat as well?
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2012, 11:55:59 am »

I guess I'll waitlist for this RTD as well. Might pay off later.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 03:37:16 pm »

I was wondering if our characters were going to be leading other men, like in your other RTD Blizzard Inferno?  Oh, and do you think most of the action will take place on land or will there be a chance of naval combat as well?

More part of a group than leading it, or going solo. This is more of a big war game than a survival one.

There will be less, but it will still occur. Naval combat was a much bigger part in Japan since it's islands, as opposed to China which only has ocean to it's south and east. Although there are a lot of rivers and ships on them.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2012, 06:07:04 pm »

Okie, time to work on that first turn! :D

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2012, 09:57:53 pm »

Just been busy guys, but I've finished most of the intro! :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14