Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Minecraft Mafia I: The Legacy Begins... (0/12) (Sign-Up)  (Read 18604 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Mafia I: The Legacy Begins... (0/12) (Sign-Up)
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2013, 04:40:00 pm »

Easy. The word is "Helleh".

The system is a change of base to 26, the number of letters in the English alphabet. Of course, I got 74bb47 in base 26 fairly easily. However, my brain translated this to "gdkkdg" which was incorrect, so I figured there was probably a slide of some sort. Of course, I was correct when I looked at the example, and saw that "am" translates to 0.312. This means that 'a' must translate to 0, unless it starts the word, in which case it translates to a slightly different sequence (The sequence is essentially reversed, but placed behind a decimal.)

(7)(4)(11)(11)(4)(7)
helleh

So, the word is "helleh" as in "hello" but spoken with an accent.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2013, 04:44:10 pm »

Daykill Ranger Cado! Cowards must be shot! The great comrade demands it!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2013, 05:05:37 pm »

Restore my Shadow Dancer Powers! I am immune to Daykills and Nightkills hit random people! Haha!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2013, 05:37:51 pm »

Damn, I spelled hello wrong. This is what I get for being bored halfway through translation. The sequence I used was n*s^c (n=number s=system c=column) I also don't know how to un-code the sequence, only code it. I am in pre-calculus right now so I don't recognize what you said. Could you explain for a dumb like me web?

(The helleh accent might come from my heritage. I unconsciously added an eh at the end lol Canada~)
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2013, 06:51:41 pm »

Damn, I spelled hello wrong. This is what I get for being bored halfway through translation. The sequence I used was n*s^c (n=number s=system c=column) I also don't know how to un-code the sequence, only code it. I am in pre-calculus right now so I don't recognize what you said. Could you explain for a dumb like me web?

(The helleh accent might come from my heritage. I unconsciously added an eh at the end lol Canada~)
So, basically, you're switching from base 26 (Each letter signifies a number, a-z = 0-25) to base 10.

So, the EASIEST way to get the translation of decimal representation x is to take
n = int(log26(x))
for (int i=n; i>0; i--) {
word[n-i] = int(x/(26^i))
x -= word[n-i] * 26
}
convert word from numbers into letters

Of course, this doesn't solve the different words that start with a's, but oh well.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2013, 10:41:20 pm »

Ok thanks.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Diamond Cow of Doom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2013, 03:00:37 pm »

Mooooo. Moo moo moo mooooo.

Moo moo, moo moo moo moo. Moooo.

MOOOO, moo moo MOO! MoooOoooo!

Moo.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2013, 03:05:54 pm »

Oh no...

Wuba, what have you done?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2013, 10:35:16 pm »

My comrade! I'm so happy you could make it. :D

Diamond Cow of Doom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2013, 05:41:41 pm »

My comrade! I'm so happy you could make it. :D
Mooooo!  :-*

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2013, 07:59:28 pm »

Diamond Cow of Doom. Don't think I wouldn't notice the 'of doom' at the end of your name! You're obviously scum!

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2013, 10:01:50 pm »

Hey! Hey hey hey hey! Back of you.. Lime... Pirate.. oh my god, I just got your picture! (Lime wire?) Anyway, have you not learned anything, hundreds have battled the cow and they all died and then there was a tricycle and sh*t.

Diamond Cow of Doom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2013, 04:24:28 pm »

Diamond Cow of Doom. Don't think I wouldn't notice the 'of doom' at the end of your name! You're obviously scum!
Moo moo mooo moo moooooooo, moo moo moo mooo mooooooo. Moo moo moooo, moo moo moo moooo -- moo mooo moo -- moo mooo moooo!

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2013, 02:42:05 pm »

Quick question. Did webadict just up and leave? It seems like he has left us 4 dead -_-

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2013, 02:48:55 pm »

.............................................................................. ugh
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11