Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Minecraft Mafia I: The Legacy Begins... (0/12) (Sign-Up)  (Read 18436 times)

epicmario43

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Minecraft Mafia I: The Legacy Begins... (0/12) (Sign-Up)
« on: November 24, 2012, 12:14:09 am »

I ain't no newbie, oh no i'm not.

Anyways, this is the Minecraft Mafia (In no way similar to the 5 mentions of minecraft in this entire board!)

RULES:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ROLE = MOB (REMEMBER)
[spoiler]
  • Zombie (Townie) = Vanilla (Normal)
  • Blaze (Townie) = Cop (Don't ask how the blaze is a cop, OR what he does...)
  • Creeper (Townie) = Bomber (When dead, he takes someone with him ANYTIME.)
  • Enderman (Townie) = Watcher (Can see a player and determine if they had powers used on them during NIGHTS..)
  • Witch (Townie) = Reviver (On NIGHTS divisible by 4, revival of a dead is allowed ONCE.)
  • Slime (Townie) = Guardian (Doctor, Actually.)
  • Skeleton (Townie) = Vigilante (Nights divisible by 3 only kills.)
  • Pig (Scum) = Mafia Grunt (Normal Mafia)
  • Cow (Scum) = "Beloved Citizen" (Takes one MORE kill to lynch.)
  • Steve/Player (Scum) = Godfather (Self Explanatory.)
PLAYERS:
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • N/A

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Mafia I: The Legacy Begins... (0/12) (Sign-Up)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 12:19:40 am »

Hmm, bastard mafia judging by the rules? :P

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 12:22:53 am »

PTW, just because I want to see if this fails spectacularly.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 07:24:06 am »

People with numbers in their nicknames aren't welcome here.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 08:40:09 am »

This will fail - just not in the fashion you are hoping for.

To the OP: You will find it much easier to start games when people can be sure that you know how to play Mafia and run a game. Play a few BMs and run one, then come back to this.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 08:58:47 am »

This will fail - just not in the fashion you are hoping for.

To the OP: You will find it much easier to start games when people can be sure that you know how to play Mafia and run a game. Play a few BMs and run one, then come back to this.
...And then play some non-BMs, then stick around for several years, then watch how half of your players suddenly become in need of replacement.

Also drop the pretense of awesomeness. Drop it far, far away. And far, far down.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 12:41:16 pm »

epicmario43:
Untrue. People are welcome here regardless of their names. Think0028, kingfisher1112, and RedWarrior0 are testaments of how Dariush is talking out of his ass. Sure, he may not welcome you, but he doesn't welcome anybody.

Your game, however, is probably doomed. What poop says above is correct. Running a game is asking a bunch of people for a commitment of several weeks... we may need more than "I ain't no newbie, oh no i'm not." as evidence of your competence. It's not impossible, though. Maybe if you beg people for a few months you may almost make it.

While I'm being passive-aggressive, I should also point out that it's good manners to post your intention to run a game in the Games Threshold and Discussion thread before starting signups. Not doing that makes you look like a douche and shows indifference for other people who may be planning to run games.

Your name is fine, but do please play a couple of games with us before announcing your intention to run a new game. It'll make its success more likely.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 01:26:42 pm »

Think0028, kingfisher1112, and RedWarrior0
The fact that none of the above people are alive right now (on this subforum, at least) serves as proof of my earlier statement.

epicmario43

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 01:50:14 pm »

At everyone

I have been in more mafias out of this forum than you'd think.

And i have proper grammar (Unlike others in this forum.)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 01:53:08 pm »

>_____________>
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 01:55:09 pm »

You shouldn't compare yourself to others :/

Also...we aren't speaking about Mafia in-that-context, but given the way you worded the OP, we're having doubts. [Sounds like it has Bastard elements, given my origin of not knowing the source material - including that hint in the Rules Spoiler]

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 01:59:42 pm »

With one short line you managed to move yourself from 'self-important newbie' category to 'underage troll'. Congratulations, you're the first to manage such a feat so fast.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 02:03:45 pm »

Dariush:
Think0028, kingfisher1112, and RedWarrior0
The fact that none of the above people are alive right now (on this subforum, at least) serves as proof of my earlier statement.
Bullshit. They may not be here now, but they were never unwelcome.

In my observation, any player, of any name or skill, is welcome here as long as they play fair. Scelly9 posted above, are you saying he's not welcome? How about Zrk2? Penngo009 may be annoying, but nobody kicked him out due to his name, yes?

Not to put too fine a point on it:
It's not in Dariush's power to proclaim who is or isn't welcome here.

...and numbers in your name is a particularly stupid reason to bring up in any case. But we've said enough on this topic. Let's move on.

epicmario43:
At everyone
I have been in more mafias out of this forum than you'd think.
Oh man, I wish you hadn't said that. I try not to be a grammar nazi, but yes, it's a desirable quality in a mod (not a deal breaker, though: GG's wasn't stellar, and still several of his games were made of awesome). But you're not succeeding at using your epicgrammar43 to establish your credibility if you criticise others while failing to capitalise the perpendicular pronoun, or using words like "definately" on your original post.

But never mind the grammar. I'm sure you've played all the mafias evar, but we haven't seen you do it; we'd like to. Please show us your megamafia chops by replacing into BM37 before trying to host your own game.

You're still welcome here, though, your name, boasting, and questionable grammar notwithstanding. But yeah, I'm afraid your game is a non-starter.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 02:11:36 pm »

It's not in Dariush's power to proclaim who is or isn't welcome here.
Oh really? WELL YOU AREN'T WELCOME HERE EITHER, BOOKTHRAS.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 01:07:07 pm »

Greetings, and welcome to Bay 12!

The reason we ask people to participate in one of our games before running a game are twofold. First, while you may have extensive experience with Mafia on other forums not all places run Mafia in the same way. You may be making different assumptions than your players, and that can cause problems. Playing in a Beginner's mafia here is an introduction to how we play Mafia as much as an introduction to Mafia. Different people will get different things out of it.

Second, it's simply a fact that people are reluctant to play games by mods they don't know. Heck, it's been hard enough around here to get enough people for established mods to get players. Playing in some games will let people get to know you and be able to decide if they'd be interested in playing one of your games.

Whether or not this game succeeds, I hope you stick around. We can always use some more players!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11