Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 950836 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Not dead.
« Reply #1050 on: January 02, 2013, 05:43:34 am »

((Oh well, my one-pool lunatic was pretty lame anyhoo. :-\ Yurf was much more fun.
I have determined that hitting things with sticks and fists is more fun than shouting magic gibberish at them.
I'll probably make a new character shortly! :D))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 02, 2013, 08:50:38 am »

I guess making a flying flesh lion wasn't warning enough for you, Irony?  You just HAD to make a steel deathbear.

Hmm.

Piecewise, if I summon something and it- not controlled by me- goes on to kill something, do I get points?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 02, 2013, 09:18:51 am »

Tell me piecewise, why do I keep failing these potency rolls?

Contemplate ways to kill people and people near enough to kill next turn or so. Don't kill them yet, they might be my allies. Also, wait for my pool to regenerate.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 02, 2013, 05:09:59 pm »

+1 dexterity

"Hey, Possibly, you've finally got some wings. Let's hope that they're not as fragile as they look."

Land in my old spot on the third floor. Say word.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 02, 2013, 05:46:06 pm »

"Hey, Possibly, you've finally got some wings. Let's hope that they're not as fragile as they look."
"I bet you the first booze-tree we make I can fly with them. I got this magic stuff to a science. Speakin' o' booze-plants, what say you we get back on that? Nah, come ta' think o' it. We should prob'ly get to killin' tha' bear. Can't be too safe keepin' it around."

Take flight, only a bit of hovering off the ground for now. If I can stay aloft with them, fly up to one of the pillars on floor five and sit there, try to get a visual of the bear.

"Oi! Hope ye' dinnae mind me killin' that bear o' yours. Might get a tad ugly if ye' did. I'm sure ye' understand."

((I'm genuinely curious. Why has no one stopped/killed/enslaved him yet? First the demon-tools and summoning, then the winged lion, now this heavy-metal death bear. I don't mind mad science, but keep your sins against humanity in your lab, or let me brutally dismember them for biomass.

Then again, I am kind of the overly-cautious drama queen of this RTD. The mutated, alcoholic, Scottish, pyromaniac, surprisingly long-lived, OP, almost-half-dragon drama queen, but still the whiny Ettil Hctib.

F*ck it. Give me acidic blood or give me heavily charred bear organs.))
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNKIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNSSSS!
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 02, 2013, 06:06:49 pm »

Brutally dismember! Brutally dismember! What am I saying?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 02, 2013, 07:14:10 pm »

"I understand indeed," Grin called back.

Beware of whelps.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 02, 2013, 07:55:32 pm »

Experimentally, break off a mushroom. Sniff it to see if it seems harmful, then take a small bite. See what happens. Hopefully a small enough bite won't kill me.

Wait. If the ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR comes too close, Rothon it repeatedly. Even if it dies, still. Triple Rothon. Every day.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 03, 2013, 12:14:46 am »

Well crap. There's a bear on the same floor as me and it appears to be looking in my direction. To make things worse, I've only got one mana...

If the bear is still looking in her direction, Susan throws a lump of flesh sideways in a desperate attempt to distract it. She then attempts to run (or sneak if the bear is paying more attention to grin) for the stairs. If the bear gets too close, she summons a sphere of lightning in front of her and says garstopit. That should at least kill the biological part of the bear, right? If it isn't dead yet, Susan throws her last lump of flesh at the bear in an attempt to confuse it and she continues running for the stairs. If it follows her, Susan removes her flesh helmet and throws it at him. Gah, I can't die now! ;-;
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:27:58 am by satan »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1059 on: January 03, 2013, 03:52:02 am »

Bob looks around for a moment, paying great attention to the two guys in the southeast area.

"It seems that I am in an arena full of bloody weirdos. Fancy that. And what's this book here?"

He opens the book and regards it snobbishly for a few seconds.

"Looks to be full of bloody gibberish. What's this word, for instance?"

Say Word A.
[pot:5]
Your right arm tingles.

I guess making a flying flesh lion wasn't warning enough for you, Irony?  You just HAD to make a steel deathbear.

Hmm.

Piecewise, if I summon something and it- not controlled by me- goes on to kill something, do I get points?
Yeeep.

Tell me piecewise, why do I keep failing these potency rolls?

Contemplate ways to kill people and people near enough to kill next turn or so. Don't kill them yet, they might be my allies. Also, wait for my pool to regenerate.
(Clearly you haven't been sacrificing to the random number gods.)

Hmm. well there's that new guy on the central platform on this level. He looks squishy and murderable. As per how to kill him, well there are just so many options! So many lovely ways!

Using magic is probably the easiest though.

+1 dexterity

Land in my old spot on the third floor. Say word.
You flap back to your old spot and land before trying out another word.
[pot:2+1] You get a few sheets of plain paper.

"I bet you the first booze-tree we make I can fly with them. I got this magic stuff to a science. Speakin' o' booze-plants, what say you we get back on that? Nah, come ta' think o' it. We should prob'ly get to killin' tha' bear. Can't be too safe keepin' it around."

Take flight, only a bit of hovering off the ground for now. If I can stay aloft with them, fly up to one of the pillars on floor five and sit there, try to get a visual of the bear.

"Oi! Hope ye' dinnae mind me killin' that bear o' yours. Might get a tad ugly if ye' did. I'm sure ye' understand."

((I'm genuinely curious. Why has no one stopped/killed/enslaved him yet? First the demon-tools and summoning, then the winged lion, now this heavy-metal death bear. I don't mind mad science, but keep your sins against humanity in your lab, or let me brutally dismember them for biomass.

Then again, I am kind of the overly-cautious drama queen of this RTD. The mutated, alcoholic, Scottish, pyromaniac, surprisingly long-lived, OP, almost-half-dragon drama queen, but still the whiny Ettil Hctib.

F*ck it. Give me acidic blood or give me heavily charred bear organs.))
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNKIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNSSSS!
You flap on up to the fifth floor without issue, but these wings certainly don't seem like the most sturdy of things. Pretty, yes, but resilient the are not. You can see the bear fairly well from here, despite the distance and the central platform gazebo thing. The bear is pretty fucking big after all, and shiny.

Experimentally, break off a mushroom. Sniff it to see if it seems harmful, then take a small bite. See what happens. Hopefully a small enough bite won't kill me.

Wait. If the ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR comes too close, Rothon it repeatedly. Even if it dies, still. Triple Rothon. Every day.
You try to break off a bit of the fungus making up the kneepads but it seems surprisingly resilient and won't come apart.

"I understand indeed," Grin called back.

Beware of whelps.
The giant bear turns to you, seeing as you're closer to it, and takes a swipe at you.

[dex:5-1]
[end:2-1]

You manage to duck the enormous scything claws but can't quite dodge the paw entirely; you go cartwheeling  out of the gazebo area and a dozen feet toward the north stairs, breaking your left leg in several places during the trip.  You spend the next several seconds after landing reciting every curse word you know, plus a few you made up.

Well crap. There's a bear on the same floor as me and it appears to be looking in my direction. To make things worse, I've only got one mana...

If the bear is still looking in her direction, Susan throws a lump of flesh sideways in a desperate attempt to distract it. She then attempts to run (or sneak if the bear is paying more attention to grin) for the stairs. If the bear gets too close, she summons a sphere of lightning in front of her and says garstopit. That should at least kill the biological part of the bear, right? If it isn't dead yet, Susan throws her last lump of flesh at the bear in an attempt to confuse it and she continues running for the stairs. If it follows her, Susan removes her flesh helmet and throws it at him. Gah, I can't die now! ;-;

You run to the south stairs and hide in the stairwell while Grin gets punted around the arena.

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:4/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.)[second floor, north stairs]

Phil(2):Greatwyrmgold: pool:2/2 [obsidian left arm, hand blown up.][third floor,south east area]

Grin:Ironyowl: Pool: 3/5 (Left leg broken)[First floor, north stairs area.]

Possibly(9):Onyxjew: Pool:3/5 (some cloth,flesh staff. right arm marked, Right arm living steel.Right hand marked. Fire claws.Crystal wings.) [fifth floor, southeast area, atop pillar]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:2/4 [first floor,south stairs.]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:3/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[Second floor, south east area]

Hydrus (3):Wwolin: Pool:3/3  [fouth floor, southeast area]

Bob: Pool:2/2 [Third floor, center platform.]

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 03, 2013, 05:08:42 am »

((CURSES, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT I'D BE INJURED BY MY GIANT MECHANICAL BEARS))

Okay, Grin though, still wincing in pain. Plan B.

Things. If Things don't work, Words Then Things.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 03, 2013, 06:09:18 am »

((Just play dead! If it hunts by movement, hopefully it will go after one of the others running away from it. If it goes by smell, hopefully you emptied your bowels and that's enough for it to think you died.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 03, 2013, 06:40:36 am »

"I say, this book is most strange indeed! Perhaps it's not bloody gibberish at all. Maybe it's just magical tomfoolery!"

Enact Plan Magical Tomfoolery.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 03, 2013, 06:57:16 am »

((Just play dead! If it hunts by movement, hopefully it will go after one of the others running away from it. If it goes by smell, hopefully you emptied your bowels and that's enough for it to think you died.))
((Oh yeah, that is what you're supposed to do with bears...

Of course, standard bears can't swallow you whole, so there's that.))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 03, 2013, 08:01:44 am »

Rush over to Grin, if the bear comes too close, Rothon it, repeatedly.

If all seems clear, speak "Szahell" then "Kenthablaw" in an attempt to get splint-making materials.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 435