Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 952706 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Not dead.
« Reply #1065 on: January 03, 2013, 08:59:20 am »

((I'm genuinely curious. Why has no one stopped/killed/enslaved him yet? First the demon-tools and summoning, then the winged lion, now this heavy-metal death bear. I don't mind mad science, but keep your sins against humanity in your lab, or let me brutally dismember them for biomass.

To be fair, the winged lion wasn't him.

ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR

Hell yes.

Thrakor pondered.  That bear looked nasty, and it was about to eat that dude.  He could do something about it, but was it a good idea to antagonize a flying steel doombear?

Plan SNARF!

PW, does the electriwall reach all the way to the bottom of the first floor?

Oh yeah- my SECRET EVIL PLAN was to use my electric control staff to overload someone's synapses and give them a seizure.  PW ruled (and I agree with) that it only works for magic lightning.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 03, 2013, 09:26:22 am »

Say words.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 03, 2013, 03:13:56 pm »

((Shouldn't I be on the third floor, southeast area?))

"This should be more than enough for my experiment..."

Rip the paper into as many playing-card sized pieces as possible. Then !!SCIENCE!! them.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 03, 2013, 03:37:45 pm »

Susan attempts to sneak up the stairs while waiting for more mana.

If the bear gets close, Susan hugs him and yells phal-aeo anecal!
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 03, 2013, 05:06:35 pm »

"Know what? As my first act as a demigod, I'm gonna watch this. Ye' summoned one too many demons and one got pissed. Time to build my throne and toast karma. One thing first, meddlin' in yer business is jus' too much fun."

Say Generic Word of Power, then Other Slightly More Generic Word of Kind of Power.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1070 on: January 03, 2013, 05:22:21 pm »

((CURSES, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT I'D BE INJURED BY MY GIANT MECHANICAL BEARS))

Okay, Grin though, still wincing in pain. Plan B.

Things. If Things don't work, Words Then Things.

Well, the thing certainly ain't listening to you right now so you decide to move on to plan B.

[pot:3+1]

You summon up a 4 foot steel staff with a strange, faintly glowing metallic "gem" at the end. You sweep it up, point it at the bear and think very hard.

[will:5-1]

The bear stops moving, shivers and then slowly walks over to you, thundering across the ground. It stops near you, and slowly lowers itself onto it's haunches.

"I say, this book is most strange indeed! Perhaps it's not bloody gibberish at all. Maybe it's just magical tomfoolery!"

Enact Plan Magical Tomfoolery.

[pot:6]

Nothing happens.

Rush over to Grin, if the bear comes too close, Rothon it, repeatedly.

If all seems clear, speak "Szahell" then "Kenthablaw" in an attempt to get splint-making materials.

You run over to Grin and Szahell with the Kenthablaw.

[pot:6]
[Pot:4]

You summon up a massive amount of cloth and a pile of random wood scraps.

Susan attempts to sneak up the stairs while waiting for more mana.

If the bear gets close, Susan hugs him and yells phal-aeo anecal!

You walk up to the second level.

((Shouldn't I be on the third floor, southeast area?))

"This should be more than enough for my experiment..."

Rip the paper into as many playing-card sized pieces as possible. Then !!SCIENCE!! them.

You rip the paper up into a bunch of roughly playing card pieces and then attempt to magic in a magic fashion.

[pot:1+1]

A mark starts to form on the pieces of paper but don't seem to "Catch" hold and vanish a moment later.

Say words.

[pot:4]
A magic circle appears on the ground and a humanoid being of flowing, colorshifting arcane energy rises out of it. However, it doesn't actually move, it just sort of stands there like a statue. Well, thats not very helpful.

((I'm genuinely curious. Why has no one stopped/killed/enslaved him yet? First the demon-tools and summoning, then the winged lion, now this heavy-metal death bear. I don't mind mad science, but keep your sins against humanity in your lab, or let me brutally dismember them for biomass.

To be fair, the winged lion wasn't him.

ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR

Hell yes.

Thrakor pondered.  That bear looked nasty, and it was about to eat that dude.  He could do something about it, but was it a good idea to antagonize a flying steel doombear?

Plan SNARF!

PW, does the electriwall reach all the way to the bottom of the first floor?

Oh yeah- my SECRET EVIL PLAN was to use my electric control staff to overload someone's synapses and give them a seizure.  PW ruled (and I agree with) that it only works for magic lightning.
(Only the second level. And it's becoming very thin and weak looking)

You fly up above your own wall, take aim and shout your words down at Grin.

[pot:6+1]
[dex:3+2]
A massive storm of dozens of bolts of electricity erupts from your finger tip and streaks down toward grin. It doesn't reach him however. The massive metal creature extends a wing just slightly to the side and the electrical discharge leaps into it's metal feathers and fur, crackling across it and finally leaping into the ground.

The beast turns to face you eyes glowing molten yellow, and roars. It spreads it's wings and beats the air, coiling it's muscles, readying to leap.

"Know what? As my first act as a demigod, I'm gonna watch this. Ye' summoned one too many demons and one got pissed. Time to build my throne and toast karma. One thing first, meddlin' in yer business is jus' too much fun."

Say Generic Word of Power, then Other Slightly More Generic Word of Kind of Power.

[pot:5+2]
[pot:2+2]

You summon an enormous irregularly shaped lump of bright silvery, highly magnetic metal. And then you summon a sort of blurry image of a spear that vanishes a moment later.

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:3/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.)[first floor, north stairs area]

Phil(2):Greatwyrmgold: pool:1/2 [obsidian left arm, hand blown up.][third floor,south east area]

Grin:Ironyowl: Pool: 1/5 (Left leg broken)[First floor, north stairs area.]

Possibly(9):Onyxjew: Pool:2/5 (some cloth,flesh staff. right arm marked. Right hand marked. Fire claws.Crystal wings.) [fifth floor, southeast area, atop pillar]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:3/4 [second floor,south stairs.]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:2/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[third floor, south east area]

Hydrus (3):Wwolin: Pool:2/3  [fouth floor, southeast area]

Bob: Pool:2/2 [Third floor, center platform.] 

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 03, 2013, 06:39:25 pm »

"Tha' wasn't 'xactly what I expected ta' happen. Guess I'll do it meself then."

Action!

((I wonder, does the potency roll make it more magnetic, or just larger?))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 03, 2013, 06:47:50 pm »

"I think I'm on to something here with this. Let's try that again."

Try that again.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 03, 2013, 08:22:01 pm »

This is going to hurt like a bitch, but you'll appreciate it later.

Attempt to gently move Grin's leg to resemble a normal, unbroken leg, then apply makeshift splint.

Sigh, and try to find enough straight peices of wood to start a splint, then use the cloth to tightly wrap it between the makeshift posts.

"I... wouldn't walk on that yet. I'll try to ease your pain a bit as soon as I can... Alcohol is the best painkiller, aye?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 03, 2013, 08:54:31 pm »

Well, crap. That wasn't what I expected.
...Bright side, I was preparing for it to be hostile.

Stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 03, 2013, 10:12:04 pm »

Ahahaha oh shit.  That backfired rather gloriously.  To be fair, I was just trying to steal its kill.

"Um... nice bear?"

Run the fuck away.  If the bear chases me, do Stuff at it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 04, 2013, 02:02:52 am »

Well, now that the bear is away from me, I think it's time to do some science.

How about concoteael shareeb can-caelshon? None of those words have been used yet. Susan goes as far from the stairway as she can and says those words while eating a handful of arena sand.

By the way, I wonder if it's possible to escape the arena somehow? What if someone made a power drill so we could dig through the walls? Has someone attempted to fly above the fifth level yet?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:58:49 am by satan »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 04, 2013, 02:06:28 am »

Grin winced.

"Forget that, magic'll fix this. Just as soon as I figger out the right words..."

Drag self to the stairway proper.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 04, 2013, 03:14:25 am »

"Well, this word was gibberish. But then again..."

Say Words C.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:31:24 am by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1079 on: January 04, 2013, 05:08:53 pm »

"Tha' wasn't 'xactly what I expected ta' happen. Guess I'll do it meself then."

Action!

((I wonder, does the potency roll make it more magnetic, or just larger?))
[str:6]
You shove the magnet off the pillar and it falls down to the fourth floor. Since the pillars aren't on the edge of level after all.

"I think I'm on to something here with this. Let's try that again."

Try that again.
[pot:4+1]
Wriggling lines appear on the paper card in your right hand. They glow for a moment and then fade, solidifying into a mark.

This is going to hurt like a bitch, but you'll appreciate it later.

Attempt to gently move Grin's leg to resemble a normal, unbroken leg, then apply makeshift splint.

Sigh, and try to find enough straight peices of wood to start a splint, then use the cloth to tightly wrap it between the makeshift posts.

"I... wouldn't walk on that yet. I'll try to ease your pain a bit as soon as I can... Alcohol is the best painkiller, aye?
Grin winced.

"Forget that, magic'll fix this. Just as soon as I figger out the right words..."

Drag self to the stairway proper.

Grin slaps Tamara's hands away so rather then enforcing involentary medical aid, Tamara just helps drag Grin into the north stairs.

Well, crap. That wasn't what I expected.
...Bright side, I was preparing for it to be hostile.

Stuff.

You walk over to the central platform, right next to Bob. You realize rather suddenly that you didn't really think the whole "what you're going to say to him" part of this through, so you improvise.

"Hey sailor, wanna come back to my place and together we can have some fun?"

Well, now that the bear is away from me, I think it's time to do some science.

How about concoteael shareeb can-caelshon? None of those words have been used yet. Susan goes as far from the stairway as she can and says those words while eating a handful of arena sand.

By the way, I wonder if it's possible to escape the arena somehow? What if someone made a power drill so we could dig through the walls? Has someone attempted to fly above the fifth level yet?
You climb up to the fourth floor and then say your words.

[pot:4+1]

The air all around you darkens and solidifies. A solid steel dome appears around and enclosing you. Strange marks etch themselves into the steel and begin glowing with a soft red pulse.

"Well, this word was gibberish. But then again..."

Say Words C.
[pot:4]
Nothing seems to happen.

Ahahaha oh shit.  That backfired rather gloriously.  To be fair, I was just trying to steal its kill.

"Um... nice bear?"

Run the fuck away.  If the bear chases me, do Stuff at it.

You fly the fuck away from the bear, flapping your way all the way up to the 5th level and settling on one of the pillars. The bear, seeing you go, folds it's wings and goes to sit next to the north stairs, still guarding Grin.

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:4/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.)[first floor, north stairs]

Phil(2):Greatwyrmgold: pool:2/2 [obsidian left arm, hand blown up.][third floor,Central platform]

Grin:Ironyowl: Pool: 2/5 (Left leg broken)[First floor, north stairs.]

Possibly(9):Onyxjew: Pool:3/5 (some cloth,flesh staff. right arm marked. Right hand marked. Fire claws.Crystal wings.) [fifth floor, southeast area, atop pillar]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:1/4 [fourth floor, south stairs area.]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:3/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[Fifth floor, south east area]

Hydrus (3):Wwolin: Pool:1/3  [fouth floor, southeast area]

Bob: Pool:1/2 [Third floor, center platform.] 
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 435