Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 951624 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #1335 on: January 12, 2013, 09:30:13 pm »

I could make a lump of magnet, with a rune for parabolic trajectory
And attach a metal kitten......

Effectively the same thing right?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 09:33:21 pm by javierpwn »

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 12, 2013, 09:38:46 pm »

I could make a lump of magnet, with a rune for parabolic trajectory
And attach a metal kitten......

Effectively the same thing right?
Perhaps. I just wanted to rant in ye' olde dorfish. But yes, I think a metallic cat forever trapped in a parabolic path would be interesting.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 12, 2013, 09:56:41 pm »

I take it you forgot this one:

You say your words and the shimmering image of some sort of horrifying cat-staff appears and then vanishes.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 12, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »

I take it you forgot this one:

You say your words and the shimmering image of some sort of horrifying cat-staff appears and then vanishes.
Know what? I'm going to call your cat-torture and raise you one Carp-Spear. From my eyes!

Everything is better when it is brought into this world from someone's ocular cavities. I really want that spear now...
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 12, 2013, 10:00:04 pm »

But... blood control is just more INTERESTING than flesh control. Sure I could make your muscles supercontract and break every bone in your body, cause your skin to grow so uncontrollably you represent a blob, or I could make a bone control staff that could crack every bone in your body causing every movement to send shattered bone-bits into your vital organs or fuse all your joints together, but with a blood staff, I can make you CRY BLOOD.

Oh yeah, the cat-staff. Good times, that one. Honestly though, if someone makes an antigravity cat orbital, they're on my "love forever" list.

As in, should they bleed, make the blood keep flowing, and should their heart stop, restart it. Yes, I can kill people, but this staff also has awesome healing abilities.

And thirdly, I'm not even going to test it on one of you first, so everyone lives. I have a perfect test subject right here... Remember my missing hand? I think a blood vulcan is a nice reward for sacrificing my hand to the sand worm god.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 12, 2013, 10:00:36 pm »

Too bad the mace that shot maces didn't work right, though PW hinted that it wasn't completely impossible...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 12, 2013, 10:01:59 pm »

You'd probably need (mace) (word, probably from the family of Hobitaeaod, maybe even Hobitaeaod andanother word) (mace).
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 12, 2013, 10:03:27 pm »

Whats Hobitaeaod again?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 12, 2013, 10:08:32 pm »

Whats Hobitaeaod again?
"control" or "control of". If my spell worked as I think, "wooden staff control of blood". My staff therefore had a physical form (Kenthablaw), was shaped like a staff (Shubha), and can control blood, (Hobitaeaod, whatever the last one was).

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 12, 2013, 10:12:03 pm »

Whats Hobitaeaod again?
"control" or "control of". If my spell worked as I think, "wooden staff control of blood". My staff therefore had a physical form (Kenthablaw), was shaped like a staff (Shubha), and can control blood, (Hobitaeaod, whatever the last one was).
((Actually, I think that you might have a wood and blood staff that controls both, like Thrakor's crystal lighting rod. I'm not sure that word order matters.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 12, 2013, 10:19:05 pm »

Woah.

HOLY SHIT.

I could feasibly use my staff to make my blood propel itself out of my arm at super high speed, then change the blood into wood while it's flying, effectively either not working and blinding people in the eyes with my blood or splintering their eyes out.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 12, 2013, 10:21:12 pm »

I've never tried to convert electricity to crystal or the other way.  It'd be interesting to see if that worked.

Now that I think of it, I should have made a crystal-electricity mace or something, to club and stun someone.  I'm a bit hand-limited, though.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 12, 2013, 10:35:22 pm »

Have you tried making hands, then putting it close to your stump, then turning your arm to a certain material

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 12, 2013, 10:39:01 pm »

Have you tried making hands, then putting it close to your stump, then turning your arm to a certain material

I thought about that, but now that I have a potential BLOOD VULCAN, I'm getting all sorts of Deadman Wonderland feels and it's glorious.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 12, 2013, 10:44:42 pm »

((Gah, I didn't think I was gone that long.))

"Well that was interesting. Good luck with yer blood magic."

Words and Will. Climb out of dome if successful.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 435