Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 952483 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #1395 on: January 13, 2013, 09:31:41 am »

Say Word, Hope for Best
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 13, 2013, 09:36:09 am »

GWG, you really should fix that  bloody stump of yours... It's bleeding all over the place....

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: January 13, 2013, 10:07:16 am »

Trying...trying...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: January 13, 2013, 10:37:49 am »

Say word at the bear, hope for the best.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: January 13, 2013, 01:16:02 pm »

Speaking of Null, +2 Str, +2 Will, +3 Pot, +1 Pool.

I thought so- I only added eight points instead of nine.  Let's go +1 Will and fix that silly 5.

And new action, then.  Shoot a bolt of lightning from the staff at Null via will.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: January 13, 2013, 01:26:00 pm »

I'm hoping that the game restarts with a shuffle of words or, maybe the list of possible effects is passed around- This is just too much fun to die.
I have a plan for a new game like this. It'll have more...freeform magic.
I pm'd piecewise a while back, and he said he'd release all the words after the game and how they work. They were all randomized, so they can be re-randomized anyway. The system will be used for a game. If no one else restarts the arena version, I might. Also, In.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1401 on: January 13, 2013, 02:03:26 pm »

In for the next one if I can't get in for this one.

Also, wouldn't a roguelike of this be cool? I might just make that...

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 13, 2013, 02:43:20 pm »

I will avenge your death Spinal!

(And why won't my pool regenerate at a normal rate?)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 13, 2013, 04:18:26 pm »

((That sounds awesome. I'd definitely play it.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: January 13, 2013, 04:38:40 pm »

((That sounds awesome. I'd definitely play it.))
((With randomly-generated words? Sounds awesome.))

((Would the words be random or just the translations?))
Sig

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: January 13, 2013, 04:54:19 pm »

((Speaking of randomly generated words, did you use DF Lang to make these by chance? At least for the words themselves, not necessarily the translations. Because coming up with random gibberish is hard to do on your own. Believe me, I've tried.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1406 on: January 13, 2013, 05:02:41 pm »

A freind of mine has a program to come up with random gibberish. I'm gonna need to ask him for that.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 13, 2013, 05:04:40 pm »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1408 on: January 13, 2013, 05:15:04 pm »

(Just to let you guys know, anyone can attack Null. Whoever kills him gains his power and causes the "Mystery" occurrence to occur. )

do stuff
You run down from the third floor and to the second floor, north stairwell.

((Just wondering piecewise am I Coming in after 1 more death or 2?))
Uh, few more then that. Waitlist updated in op.

Say Word, Hope for Best
[pot:2]

Nothing happens because you're so dang impotent. Wooo boy that is a lot of blood loss. Perhaps the two are related.

Head to Derm to finish him off by strangling him, Saying Word if he retaliates

There appears to be a giant metal winged bear attacking him at the moment. Whatever.

You charge over and try to strangle him to death.
[dex:4-1]

Derm wiggles about as you try to put a choke hold on him. You manage to get hold of him, roughly, but can't get your hands around his throat. And then Bear happens.

Why isn't my mana pool regenerating the usual way? It has been like that for two turns....

Say word at the bear, hope for the best.
You yell your word at the bear as it charges at you, Ignoring the man who is attempting, poorly, to strangle you.
[pot:6+2]
Your left hand tingles like crazy. This doesn't stop the bear in any way, shape or form.

[bear dex:5]

The bear runs right up to you and proceeds to stomp you and your hanger on flat, Monty Python style.

[Derm Done Died and Javier done died with him. Grin Gains 3 points.]

Speaking of Null, +2 Str, +2 Will, +3 Pot, +1 Pool.

I thought so- I only added eight points instead of nine.  Let's go +1 Will and fix that silly 5.

And new action, then.  Shoot a bolt of lightning from the staff at Null via will.

[dex:2+2]
[null dex:6+2]
[Null pot:2+3]

The air around Null shimmers and darkens, and a great mass appears around him. A great serpent, easily several times larger then Null, fades into being, coiled around him. Burning green vapor leaks from brightly glowing eyes and hisses out between it's fangs.

"Kill him." Null says, pointing at you.

[dex:2+2]
[snake dex:5+1]

[will:6+1]
You can't move in time, but you can think. A bolt of lightning thick as your arm arcs off your staff and into snake as it charges. It strikes home as the snake leaps toward you, fangs bared, and then you're flying back as the weight of the massive creature hits you.

[end:2+1]

You fly back, bouncing, the fragile bones of your wings breaking as you slam into the wall behind you. Ow. You shake the blurriness out of your vision and struggle to your feet as the snake crumbles to ash, dead. Your wings are nothing but dead weight now.

BALMORA appears on the third floor, Center platform and Some Nut appears on the second floor, south stairs.

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:3/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[first floor, north stairs, hiding in cloth]

Phil(2):Greatwyrmgold: pool:1/2 [obsidian left arm, hand blown up.][first floor, north area]

Grin(4):Ironyowl: Pool: 4/5 (Left leg broken)[First floor, north stairs. Hidden in cloth.]

Balmora:Kinesen:Pool: 8/8 [third floor, center platform]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:3/4 (Body of living steel)[fourth floor, south stairs area.]

Thrakor(22):Toaster: Pool:4/5 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[First floor, west side]

Some Nut:ArchAIngel: Pool:4/4 [second floor, south stairs]

Steve:Unholy pariah: Pool:0/0 [second floor, north stairs]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 13, 2013, 05:18:39 pm »

God dammit.
Get me inside the waitlist again.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 435