Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 930443 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #1995 on: February 02, 2013, 12:31:21 pm »

You summon a nice pair of fleshy legs. How erotic in a...severed limb kinda way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I can kill some of them." Bearman says, scratching his jaw, "But not the two down there. Or the floating one. Which one you want killed?"

I'm guessing I'm one of the two and the floating one is Null, but who is the third?

You punch the insulting stone sign. It sort of explodes violently as you do so. You try to grab one of the larger stones but that stone explodes as you touch it.

"Wait, shouldn't that mean the stone under my feet should be exploding too?"

"Don't second guess magic." Null says, idly picking his teeth while a stone throne rises out of the ground  for him to sit on. "When you're ready, by the way."

Glorious.

((I think these staves are a bit OP. They completely nullify any need for finding the meaning of words. Nonetheless, I shall remain stalwart in my obsolete methods.

I'm sure there are ways to circumvent them, like when Null blasted mine out of my hands.

"Magic is crazy shit, no lie.  Hell, I've become strong enough with it to see a powerful magical jackass summoned to kill me, and I don't understand the half of it myself!

Magical attack go!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: February 02, 2013, 12:41:14 pm »

((I think these staves are a bit OP. They completely nullify any need for finding the meaning of words. Nonetheless, I shall remain stalwart in my obsolete methods.))
((I will agree that my staff is powerful, but the main reason for it seeming overpowered is that people aren't built to resist it, both physically and statistically. Everyone starts with a body made of bones and flesh, and people have largely been ignoring will and endurance in exchange for dexterity. Dexterity is all well and good until the attack you're trying to dodge comes from inside of you, in which case you need willpower to negate the attack and endurance to have a chance at survival should you fail. And your average staff user has weaknesses as well. Considering that it takes at least 3 pool to make even the most basic magic staff, and some potency to ensure that the weapon is usable, your average staff mage has little power over their weapon at the beginning. I happened to ally with Tamara, so my zeros in potency and channeling didn't really matter. Dexterity will protect you against most word magic and some staff magic. Will will protect you against most staff magic and some word magic. And endurance will protect you against most everything, but you'll probably still be hurt pretty bad.))

"I can kill some of them." Bearman says, scratching his jaw, "But not the two down there. Or the floating one. Which one you want killed?"
I'm guessing I'm one of the two and the floating one is Null, but who is the third?
((The bear man controls flesh, bone, and blood. You're made entirely of arcane energy, so he can't hurt you. Royce is the floating one, and he's immune because he's made entirely out of wind. And Null is just Null.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: February 02, 2013, 12:48:42 pm »

Ah- that makes sense.

End (and dex) also won't protect you if you get caught in a big enough blast- which is what I'm trying on Null next.  Remember me nuking the winged lion?  Same spell.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: February 02, 2013, 12:53:59 pm »

You do remember null has a shield, right??
He could also very well redirect the bolt back at you.....

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: February 02, 2013, 12:57:28 pm »

A shield based on an opposed will roll, yes.  I'm banking on if everything goes poorly, electricity won't hurt me.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: February 02, 2013, 01:25:42 pm »

((I think these staves are a bit OP. They completely nullify any need for finding the meaning of words. Nonetheless, I shall remain stalwart in my obsolete methods.))
((I will agree that my staff is powerful, but the main reason for it seeming overpowered is that people aren't built to resist it, both physically and statistically. Everyone starts with a body made of bones and flesh, and people have largely been ignoring will and endurance in exchange for dexterity. Dexterity is all well and good until the attack you're trying to dodge comes from inside of you, in which case you need willpower to negate the attack and endurance to have a chance at survival should you fail. And your average staff user has weaknesses as well. Considering that it takes at least 3 pool to make even the most basic magic staff, and some potency to ensure that the weapon is usable, your average staff mage has little power over their weapon at the beginning. I happened to ally with Tamara, so my zeros in potency and channeling didn't really matter. Dexterity will protect you against most word magic and some staff magic. Will will protect you against most staff magic and some word magic. And endurance will protect you against most everything, but you'll probably still be hurt pretty bad.))

((Yeah, you essentially skipped a few steps on the ultimate power ladder. But you do have the not-inconsiderable disadvantage of being mostly useless without your staff, so there's that.))

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2001 on: February 02, 2013, 01:45:32 pm »

Damnit.

Cower again.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: February 02, 2013, 04:10:42 pm »

((Well I do know the spell for become greater antimatter bat... I don't think null has a sheild for that ))

Also Put me back on the wait-list please

Name: Corsair
Str -0
Dex - 1
End - 1
Will - 1
Pot - 1
Chanelling - 4
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: February 02, 2013, 04:48:25 pm »

"I'm kinda for... not killing Derm. Let me think..."

Hmm. Most of the problematic people are things I wouldn't want you to fight... you know, because they have a chance to fight back, or they're made of arcane energy. I'd really like to see what you can do, because, my magic worked and this is amazing, so...

Maim whips-for-hands, to whatever degree you see fit. The things he could DO with those things... distracts me.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: February 02, 2013, 04:56:48 pm »

Oh man, I haven't even done anything to you.

Come on, I just got here.
It's your reputation.

Oh, and I'm finishing my game Inspired by Perplexicon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: February 02, 2013, 04:58:31 pm »

"I'm kinda for... not killing Derm. Let me think..."
It was these words, children, that doomed the entire multiverse. For shortly thereafter, all was thoroughly, methodically, and viciously Dermed.

And that, is why I am a six-armed sentient platypus with third degree burns.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: February 02, 2013, 07:24:21 pm »

Maim whips-for-hands, to whatever degree you see fit. The things he could DO with those things... distracts me.

I thought we were friends :(
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2007 on: February 02, 2013, 08:17:06 pm »

so we're waiting on talos because...because.

Who among you would like to know a bit about whats down that hole in the center of the arena?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: February 02, 2013, 08:30:23 pm »

Which hole?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: February 02, 2013, 08:35:14 pm »

Me  :D

I actually considered sneaking past null and jumping into it but... didnt wanna get vaporised for trying
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 435