Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 952395 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2190 on: February 11, 2013, 04:17:13 pm »

I should point this  out, because I added it to the system explanation just now, but
"You don't need to fill in the runes at the same time you make the circle. You can make a circle, rest to restore your energy, and then fill in the runes. When you put them there doesn't matter, as long as they're there when you activate the circle.
No one seems to have asked what the runes are written with. Is it all magical energy, or does everyone conveniently carry a piece of chalk or something. If the latter, is it possible for someone to intentionally impede rune/circle making progress by rubbing out the writing or perhaps dumping water MAGMAAAA on it? I mean, obviously you can just kill the writer, but hey.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: February 11, 2013, 04:18:27 pm »

Aaaaah, I just remembered my magma word.....

Time for magma lasers!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: February 11, 2013, 04:41:18 pm »

Hey, I've put all the runes seperated into folders (B series, C series, etc.) into one folder. If anyone wants it for easily made images, I'll zip it up and upload it somewhere.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2193 on: February 11, 2013, 04:56:48 pm »

So you spend the energy for a rune when you write it, not when you activate it?
Yep.

Could someone without pool draw runrs/circles and have other people charge them?
Nope.

I should point this  out, because I added it to the system explanation just now, but
"You don't need to fill in the runes at the same time you make the circle. You can make a circle, rest to restore your energy, and then fill in the runes. When you put them there doesn't matter, as long as they're there when you activate the circle.
No one seems to have asked what the runes are written with. Is it all magical energy, or does everyone conveniently carry a piece of chalk or something. If the latter, is it possible for someone to intentionally impede rune/circle making progress by rubbing out the writing or perhaps dumping water MAGMAAAA on it? I mean, obviously you can just kill the writer, but hey.
Thats covered in the bottom part of the Rune mechanics explanation on the page.  Runes can be written with anything that makes a mark, but you don't start with chalk or anything so you need to figure out a way to do it.  And yes you can impede circle making by breaking the circle.

Hey, I've put all the runes seperated into folders (B series, C series, etc.) into one folder. If anyone wants it for easily made images, I'll zip it up and upload it somewhere.
Just keep in mind I may add to it over time, same as with the words. Except this time I'm kinda required to stick them at the very bottom of their pages, so it should be pretty easy to tell when that happens.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: February 11, 2013, 05:07:01 pm »

I figured I'd help everyone get a start. Though, I might wait a bit to drop it, for circles to become a big thing.

Here's a hint: use a staff with the power of something like blood, ink, or electricity (to weld/scorch) images into things!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: February 11, 2013, 05:09:50 pm »

Diamond staff (or anything with a point, really) should work without any sort of will roll.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: February 11, 2013, 07:06:15 pm »

Same action.

Damn, why did I have to die right when something amazing came into play? Also, this calls for more ‼SCIENCE‼
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: February 11, 2013, 07:18:47 pm »

Youre not dead yet are you?

All you gotto do is convince one other person to help you defend yourself and you stand a chance at least.

Now stop with the quitter talk and get with the conspiring.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: February 11, 2013, 07:40:12 pm »

Youre not dead yet are you?

All you gotto do is convince one other person to help you defend yourself and you stand a chance at least.

Now stop with the quitter talk and get with the conspiring.
Actually, I would need the fight to be done completely by someone else. I would need to do nothing this turn to heal my bleeding, and if I don't do that nothing I die of bleeding. If I do that nothing I get rape-murdered to chunks.

As for assistance, I'll give you some numbers.

Currently there are at least three people trying to kill me, that's assuming others aren't doing so secretly. Therefore there are only four people at best who can help. Now remove Thrakor because A, he killed me in the first place, and B he is a bit busy with Null. So I would need literally everyone with a free action to help me.

What say you to the odds of that? I might have had the power and clout to bribe my way to that assistance before, but now I'm about as influential as Derm's corpses.

Now, that leaves me with a dilemma. I can not do anything and hope for my one-in-a-million rescue, or I can shout something painful and try to take someone with me.

Sound about as hopeless as hopeless can get?
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: February 11, 2013, 07:52:01 pm »

You know a fair few words do you not?
Back when i had waldo i traded words and favors for my survival.

Besides, if you can get one of the three people attacking you to turn on the others while they focus on you then you can potentially remove 2 attacks from the equation

Plus if you apologize for burning down my forest i may consider assisting you.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: February 11, 2013, 08:31:39 pm »

Holy moley mother of Darwin.
piecewise, how in this or any other world did you manage to make something like that?

I'd advise spreading the words a bit to save your hide, Onyx.
A. You don't die.
B. It's potentially more people in the Alliance of Knowledge, which is always helpful.
C. It's not like words are going to remain the Only Big Thing once we get around to understanding runes. Once I spawn I'm gathering everyone willing to work with me for a systemized study of circles. Anyways, if you don't tell them, someone will...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: February 11, 2013, 08:41:13 pm »

Aside from that which i have already given there is only one further piece of advice i can give you, it is the key to my success and it is as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: February 11, 2013, 09:19:45 pm »

Aside from that which i have already given there is only one further piece of advice i can give you, it is the key to my success and it is as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've seen it. Try to be Guy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: February 11, 2013, 09:28:26 pm »

Currently there are at least three people trying to kill me, that's assuming others aren't doing so secretly. Therefore there are only four people at best who can help. Now remove Thrakor because A, he killed me in the first place, and B he is a bit busy with Null. So I would need literally everyone with a free action to help me.

I don't hold a grudge.  You are right about me being busy, though.

First thing I'm making when I get a chance is a control implement of arcane and... something solid I can write notes with.  Diamond or steel or something.  Or ink.  Giant magical scepter pen!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2204 on: February 11, 2013, 10:50:15 pm »

"I like the sound of that spell, Null. Now I need to learn how to use spells instead of spears. And Steve, you're doing great out there! Who would have known that those spinal whips I made for you would be so damned effective?"

Engage plan "Wild and Woody".

The bear man has wandered away and sat down against the wall on the second floor,petting one of the orphaned cylinder cats.  You walk up to him and ask if he'd like to ally with you.

"Eh. Don't see why. Maybe later when I get hungry."

"its all in the wrist"

@piecewise: can you pm me my stat sheet, ive got no idea where i put everything

hide in a stairwell
Spoiler: i got bored :P (click to show/hide)

Awesome stand around and do nothing powers: Activate.

((Freaking finally right indeed.))
"Whoa? How did I get here? What is this?"

Head up the stairs, point at Royce and yell Word.

((Kill-stealing time. Also, I'm completely unoriginal.))
Same action.

Damn, why did I have to die right when something amazing came into play? Also, this calls for more ‼SCIENCE‼

Keep up assault, words

Really, bro? Really?

"Tell you what, you help me fight off this other guy, you can have that kill."

More zentol fueled murder spree, on Javier this time.
[Toby dex:2]
[Royce dex:2]
[javier dex:1]
[Joseph dex:3]

[Joesph pot:5+1]
[Javier dex:6]
Javier leaps out of the way as reality tears and goes rolling down the stairs.
[javier end:5]
He reaches the bottom of the stairs sore but otherwise fine.

In the mean time, Toby runs up to the Fourth floor west stairs and Royce, in the same few seconds,  skitters away on his 4 remaining arms, leaving a trail of blood behind him. He gets all the way over to the north stairs and hides inside them.

Hide by the stairs and wait. Be amazed by what is going on all around me.

You also activate your amazing doing nothing powers.

Sorry- was busy thinking on what to do with them.  Let's go +3 Endurance and +3 Potency for maximum !!fun!!.  Also, why can't he bungle a roll when I'm trying to kill him?

Run up to Null and punch him out.  Turn his clothes and face into explosions.
[dex:6+4]
[null dex:6+4]

You run up to the third floor while Null floats up to the 5th and grabs his sword.

"GET BACK HERE!"

Kinesen:Kinesen: Pool:2/3 [second floor, North area.]

Joesph Smuck:Angle: pool 1/3: (3 fingers missing)[fourth floor, west stairs]

Larry(4):wwolin: Pool 0/0: (Full body mark) [first floor, south area]

Royce:Onyxjew:Pool 2/2: (Spider man.)(Left arm marked)(no legs)[fourth floor, North Stairs]

Toby:: Pool:3/3 [Fourth floor, west stairs]

Thrakor(31):Toaster: Pool:3/5 (Whole body made of arcane energy, fast.)[Third floor, east stairs]

Javier:Javier: Pool:3/3 [third floor, west stairs]

(5)Steve:Unholy pariah: Pool:0/0 (Both hands Spiked, spinal whips)[second floor, west stairs]

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 435