Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 952673 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2565 on: March 01, 2013, 09:47:50 pm »

((Since this is an open world (I think) now instead of an arena type deal, I'm gonna try to be good and not kill anything sentient... which I bet will be tough. So getting some allies will end up helping me out with that... though IC wise.... I think all of you are probably murderers.... or at the very least don't trust you all.))
This ones got a head on his shoulders, that he does.

Personally I'm going to just rampage through a few towns/forests burning/looting/condensing/hiring/enslaving everything in sight until I have some decent stats, equipment, and summoned/bought armada. Science on the way, of course. Sentient murder is fine, but PC murder is probably going to be avoided unless interference/alcohol come into play. Both of which are almost guaranteed eventually.

Basically... good hunting, everyone. Let the games begin.
This, but for !SCIENCE!
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: March 01, 2013, 09:50:20 pm »

Tsuchigumo, can I join your science encampment?  My plan is to experiment and build up a strong dictionary anyways, although I'd prefer to do some adventuring while doing science; wouldn't want to have beginner stats when the others have dethroned gods and are looking for new targets or something.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: March 01, 2013, 09:51:35 pm »

Tsuchigumo, can I join your science encampment?  My plan is to experiment and build up a strong dictionary anyways, although I'd prefer to do some adventuring while doing science; wouldn't want to have beginner stats when the others have dethroned gods and are looking for new targets or something.

((Anyone who wants to join me is free to do so until they decide I look like a pincushion))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: March 01, 2013, 09:52:16 pm »

Haha, you want Science team Aether for any of your sciency needs.

We've already got [Redacted] people. And spreadsheets.

Good lord at the contents of these spreadsheets.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2569 on: March 01, 2013, 09:55:44 pm »

"~Whaa? No-magic-for-me? Just-as-well. Place-full-of-crazed-murderers. Myself-in-in-in-in-included.~"

Look for rumpus room. Search the hallway while I'm at it, aw yeah! Should anyone attempt to murder me here, flee like a dirty coward carried on a sissy tornado.
You check out the first door on the right. Inside is what looks like a shrine of sorts, a platform holding a boulder with 3 giant sivery cubes partially embedded in it. In front of the platform is a  pedestal. Atop the pedestal is a small divot or basin carved into the stone of the pedestal itself. Balanced on the edge of the basin is a knife, rather small but very sharp looking.

((Well then that was sudden (damned time zones)))

Flee down the hallway, punch anyone who tries regular ol' murder

You run down the hallway to the spiral staircase. But now you have a choice: Up or down.

"Oh well.  Hey, Possibly, other guys I might have killed, no hard feelings, right?  Nothing worth staying here, at least."

Head out.  Head down in an attempt to get out of the building.

You walk to the staircase and dead down a level. This floor seems like the ground floor, although the stairs do go deeper, probably into the basement. The room the stairs come out on here is a fairly large one with a high  vaulted ceiling and two other doors, one on each side near the stairs. There's a large door on the other side of the room as well, that looks like it probably leads outside.

The pillars that hold up the ceiling in this room are rather strange; each one is carved with the image of a man or a woman, some with beings you can't discern the gender or even species of. Each pillar is unique and there are many.

Wait a bit, then walk outside, -just- in case magic works outside and everyone still likes the idea of MURDER.

You walk out into the hall after it's become clear that words don't work here. There are 4 rooms on each side, some windows giving a view of a rather misty, bare stone expanse outside, and a spiral staircase in back.

I'll head out into the corridor and up the stairs, then wander randomly until I find something of interest.
You head up stairs. They dead end in a massive room just above the hallway. Wooden pillars as thick as you are tall line the room, with yellow fabric woven back and forth between them. a red carpet cuts down the center of the wooden floor with lines of mummified monks on either side. At the end of the carpet is a grand throne sitting in front of a tapestry that takes up the entire back wall of the room, depicting dead gods and unknown times.

On the throne sits one further mummy, which now that you look at him, you can tell that it is actually the cloth from his robes that is wrapped between the pillars and forms the carpet. He is just as desiccated and decayed as the others, but he glows with some unknown power.

"You have come far..." a voice whispers in your ear.

Just follow the crowd out.

You follow thrakor down to the ground floor. He seems to know where he's going.

"So no magic, huh? Well, we've still got good old fashioned fun and games. Rock Paper Scissors?"

Follow Derm. Make hand gesture decided through a PM.

"I'm killer at this game. You'll never beat me at it."
"We'll see about that."

You both throw scissors. No one wins.

go places, look for stuff to steal and objects that can serve as makeshift weapons
You enter the first door on the left.  Inside is what looks like a shrine of sorts, a platform holding a large metal bowl with an eternal, bluish green flame burning above it.  In front of the platform is a  pedestal. Atop the pedestal is a small divot or basin carved into the stone of the pedestal itself. Balanced on the edge of the basin is a knife, rather small but very sharp looking.

Attempt to leave the building via following the crowd

You follow thrakor too. Exploring be damned!

((Damn I missed a turn already!))

Right first... I should leave before I get killed.... I just get the feeling most of these guys are either stupid or homicidal or worse... both.

Ryan leaves the room and runs as far as he can from other people+dangerous looking stuff.
That would be the basement then.  You charge down the stairs until you hit the very bottom. It's a dank tunnel, carved from the living stone, almost completely black if not for the light coming from two rooms down the hall. One is to the Left and looks closer, the other is straight ahead.

"Well, that was mildly disappointing... Well, abrupt death put off it seems, time to try and figure things out." Glassco looks out the windows, trying to see out of them. Looking at some of the other people who also fled the room from the strange screaming people, he asks a question... More a statement. "The hell is going on."

Judging from the misty, snow covered stone landscape you're probably on top of a mountain and a fairly large one at that. You can't see very far, thanks to the fog, so whatever lies beyond a good 20 feet or so is a complete mystery to you.

Kin avoided the other person and went for the staircase. He chose to go down.

"I cannot remember that it was like this before. I remember the Pit but what happened afterwards?"

You end up in the same room as Thrakor and his growing horde of unintentional followers.

"Well, well-bloody-fuckin'-well. Good to be back. So, what have we?"

Check the room for any exits. If one is found, exit. Then say words.
Well, theres that one exit. That big door in front of you that everyone has already been walking out of. Also your magic doesn't seem to work here. Kind of a shame, really, but you're sure it will start working again soon. Probably once you get out of spawn camping range.

"There seems to be some sort of magical nullification in this room, likely from the those mummified bodies..."
Silica looks for anyone who doesn't seem like murderers.
Yeah, good luck with that. I mean, you all appeared here in this strange new world, free to start a new life and the first thing the majority of people tired to do is murder each other.

Ah, it's so lovely to see the dynamics of social interaction playing out in these sorts of environments. To see the groups form, the powers shift, the tense negotiations. Such interesting times.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: March 01, 2013, 09:59:16 pm »

I think you missed a few things.

Like my movement.

"Right, screw this, too many people. Science team aether, Follow me!"

Movement!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:00:47 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: March 01, 2013, 09:59:41 pm »

Personally I'm going to just rampage through a few towns/forests burning/looting/condensing/hiring/enslaving everything in sight until I have some decent stats, equipment, and summoned/bought armada. Science on the way, of course. Sentient murder is fine, but PC murder is probably going to be avoided unless interference/alcohol come into play. Both of which are almost guaranteed eventually.

This is pretty much my plan.

"Enough of this place.  I'm outta here."

Lick the statute of the most magical-looking male being, then head outside.  Try to say WORD non-offensively on the way out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: March 01, 2013, 10:00:27 pm »

Deciding that so far, the person who has acted in the most friendly and least hostile manner is Sanya, Silica follows her.
"Hi, I only just arrived here, can you please explain what's going on?"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:37:01 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: March 01, 2013, 10:01:06 pm »

grab the knife, if nothing happens cut my hand and drip blood into the basin, wait for a divine response.

Head to the top of the stairs after finding religion or having several minutes pass
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:16:12 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: March 01, 2013, 10:02:26 pm »

I miss maps.

And statuses.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: March 01, 2013, 10:11:52 pm »

Follow Derm for lack of better things to do.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: March 01, 2013, 10:19:56 pm »

Also if you wish to join science team Aether, just send me a PM. We shall review it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: March 01, 2013, 10:21:47 pm »

Also if you wish to join science team Aether, just send me a PM. We shall review it.
((How long will we have to consider your offer?))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: March 01, 2013, 10:23:17 pm »

Until we reach Magic usable areas.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: March 01, 2013, 10:25:52 pm »

((What specific actions will your group take?))
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 435