Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 951776 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing (Now accepting characters)
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 03:15:56 pm »

Edit: Sword is on the ground floor!
((Oh, so it is. I'd assumed it was on the highest floor, but I guess in retrospect we wouldn't be able to see it in that case...))

Dash for the sword!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 06:54:40 pm »

(ignore the "HALTOL HALTOL HALTOL)

John wakes up and takes a look around. People. Trying to kill him, if he guesses right. Time to run.
John jogs up the stairs behind him while quickly looking at his book. He shouts the first two words he can pronounce while waving his right arm frantically behind him.
[pot:6-1]
You jog up the stairs while shouting your words. You stop half way up as the air in front of you crackles with random electrical discharge and several large hunks of crude metal materialize and fall to the ground.

open book, point at Possibly, say something
[pot:1]
[end:4+1]
You speak your words and immediately lurch forward, holding your stomach before vomiting profusely. Mixed in with the stomach acid and last night's fish and bread are small hunks of black stone.

Stand, if not standing. Look around. Look down at the book in my hands. Open it to Unspecified page, say Generic Word of Power after facing forward, toward the pillared area. If attacked, dodge as necessary and await further instruction. Do not engage. Avoid conflict if possible. Enter the South stairwell. Run up the stairs until I reach the third floor. If I get onto the third floor, run to a point approximately halfway between two stairwells. Read another word while looking toward the stairwell I exited, Generic Word of Power

Well, that became long. Eh, I suppose doing nothing but repeated Cause and Effect A.I. for a long-distance drone can become tedious.

And yeah, I'm going to color-code my words.
You stand. You look around and see what was already said, with the addition that several people seem to be running, some for the center of the room and the sword, others for the stairs. One man is vomiting.

You look at the book. It looks fairly ordinary, leather bound with velum pages but not particularly magical or old. You open it to a page and speak one of the words.

[pot:3+1]
Several large but ragged edged pieces of white cloth appear in front of you and flutter to the ground.  Well, that would be great if you were a magic Tailor but not very helpful right now.

Run to South stairs.
Run up South stairs until I reach the sword level.

Run to sword.
Grab sword.

Let me know if this is too much for one turn.

((Oh, so it is. I'd assumed it was on the highest floor, but I guess in retrospect we wouldn't be able to see it in that case...))

Dash for the sword!
[Serus dex:2+1]
[Doodles dex:5-1]
Serus and Doodles both make a mad dash for the center of the ring and the sword in the covered gazebo area. Doodles makes it there an instant before Serus and scoops the blade off the ground as Serus skids to a stop  a few feet away.

As soon as somebody approaches the sword in the center of the level, point at them and yell "SHAREEB!". If they are badly hurt, run up and grab the sword. If not, hide!
You wait till two people have run up to the sword and then point your finger at them and Shout your magic word.
[pot:2+1]
A few marble sized bits of metal materialize in front of you and plink to the ground.

Uh...You cover your head and curl into a ball, hoping that no one will notice you.

"Niergh..." Looking around Kin see a strange place with unfamiliar people all around. Still slightly confused he realize that he isn't wearing what he had last nig- "Wait, what did I wear last night?". Greatly shaken over the memory loss of yesterdays events he notice that he also holds a book. Looking around to see that no one is about to pounce him with questions or other horrible things he can't handle right now he flips the few pages the book holds.

Not able to make heads or tails of the book he picks a few words that he thinks looks interesting. As Kin is about to say "Kelio Roth" he makes sure once again no one is looking at him. If anyone would be foolish enough to do that at that moment he will point at that person and shout it instead and then run upstairs. If not, Kin hides upstairs anyway.
[pot:6]
The air in front of of you distorts for a moment seems to solidify into some sort of barely visible lump before it jerks wildly into the air and then disappears. Huh.

You close the book and Run up the stairs onto the next level.

"I'm not any good with a sword, but one of these guys might be. I'll need to do something about it before they can."
Point at the sword, and yell my Generic Word of Power.

Just ignore my earlier action, the sword has changed everything. And since I'm yellow now, my text will be too.
[pot:1+1]
You point at the sword and speak your words. You feel the skin on your left arm tingle but nothing happens.

Current maps
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Current pools (remember, you get 1 point back at the end of every turn, so if you only speak one word, your pool won't change.)
Patrick :Green: Pool:1
Serus : Red: pool:2
Garth : Blue: Pool:2
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2
Ferin : Yellow: Pool:1
Doodles: Purple: Pool:1
Kin : Light blue: Pool:1
John: Dark red: Pool: 2

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 07:12:57 pm »

Attack Serus!
Shout Talo!

((Hope that helps!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 08:02:09 pm »

"That sword's still there, and the fellow carrying it looks like he's able to swing it around. He doesn't seem like the best sorcerer though. I bet we'd be unstoppable if we teamed up!" Ferin waves at the swordsman from across the arena. "Hey, big guy, I'll help you out!"
Put my hands together and point my palms towards Serus, and shout a GWP.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 08:38:10 pm »

Grab a piece of the cloth. Do all that running mentioned earlier. When at the third floor, look down to the pillars, whisper to self: "By the Power of Generic." If anyone comes near, throw cloth at them and run.

((If I indirectly kill someone, I.e. by collapsing those pillars. Is it my kill?
I hope it is, because overly-complicated, mustache-twirling, painfully stereotypical, murder is the only true way to harvest someone's soul for private consumption. -twists long, thin, mustache around index finger while laughing maniacally-
And it seems my total lack of detail via Encyclopedia Generica has caught on. -hipster glasses- I was generic before it was mainstream.))

"Really? Cloth. A book of magic and I find the spell to summon cloth. What am I supposed to do with this? Eat it? Useless piece of junk...."
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 09:01:05 pm »

Okay. This was a problem. He could still handle it though! Things would still be fine.

Possibly.

Disarm Doodles, claiming the blade for myself! If possible, put himself between me and that guy trying to spell at me.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 10:55:59 pm »

John flinches at the display of random magic. He jogs the rest of the way up the stairs, and looks down at the idiots below.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2012, 01:32:51 am »

Attack Serus!
Shout Talo!

((Hope that helps!))
Okay. This was a problem. He could still handle it though! Things would still be fine.

Possibly.

Disarm Doodles, claiming the blade for myself! If possible, put himself between me and that guy trying to spell at me.
[Doodles dex:4-1]
[Serus Dex:5+1]

Serus ducks under Doodle's first wild slash and catches hold of his wrist, twisting it hard and causing Doodle to drop the sword, which clatters to the ground and slides a several feet away.
[doodles pot:5]
Doodles shouts a word as he and Serus struggle. The air distorts and shimmers but then bursts and vanishes without effect.

"That sword's still there, and the fellow carrying it looks like he's able to swing it around. He doesn't seem like the best sorcerer though. I bet we'd be unstoppable if we teamed up!" Ferin waves at the swordsman from across the arena. "Hey, big guy, I'll help you out!"
Put my hands together and point my palms towards Serus, and shout a GWP.
[pot:6+1]
You hold out your palms and shout your word.

The air just a few feet from you crackles with a flow of blinding white, deafening electrical discharge. It dissipates a moment later leaving behind nothing but the smell of ozone. Well...you'd be a great bug zapper...

Grab a piece of the cloth. Do all that running mentioned earlier. When at the third floor, look down to the pillars, whisper to self: "By the Power of Generic." If anyone comes near, throw cloth at them and run.

((If I indirectly kill someone, I.e. by collapsing those pillars. Is it my kill?
I hope it is, because overly-complicated, mustache-twirling, painfully stereotypical, murder is the only true way to harvest someone's soul for private consumption. -twists long, thin, mustache around index finger while laughing maniacally-
And it seems my total lack of detail via Encyclopedia Generica has caught on. -hipster glasses- I was generic before it was mainstream.))

"Really? Cloth. A book of magic and I find the spell to summon cloth. What am I supposed to do with this? Eat it? Useless piece of junk...."
(whoever causes, direct or indirect, the death of another gets the point. But there is only one point for each death.)

You grab a bit of cloth and then run straight up to the 3rd floor, skidding to a stop on the edge of the ledge and looking down at the pillars holding up the roof of the Gazebo. You speak the word you have in mind.
[pot:3+1]
The air a few feet in front of you shimmers, boils and then stills. Nothing happens. Huh.

John flinches at the display of random magic. He jogs the rest of the way up the stairs, and looks down at the idiots below.
You flinch back for a second before continuing up the stairs and stopping on the edge of the ledge to look down. Two guys are fighting in the gazebo and another is tasering the air. If only you had a bow.

Patrick :Green: Pool:2/2
Serus : Red: pool:2/2
Garth : Blue: Pool:2/2
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth)
Ferin : Yellow: Pool:1/1
Doodles: Purple: Pool:1/1
Kin : Light blue: Pool:2/2
John: Dark red: Pool: 3/3

Maps
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012, 01:39:40 am »

Dive for the sword, then point a hand at Doodles and utter the word while thinking of him in agony.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012, 01:54:44 am »

"Sorry big guy, I'm a little confused by all this magic stuff still. But don't worry, I'll take that little sneak down for sure this time!"
"While Serus is distracted, rush up directly behind him and shout the same word as last time, trying to grab onto him if he doesn't pick up the sword, and doing the same hand gesture as before if he does."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2012, 02:22:53 am »

This. Looks. EPIC.

Name: Jared Sunderfield

Appearance: Light brown hair, slicked off to the side. Jared wears a [INSERT COLOUR HERE] tattered robe, with several patches mis-matched around it. He has Green eyes that seemingly glow in total darkness. Blah, Blah, Blah, I'm tired and don't want to do a character description.

Strength: 1

Endurance: 1

Dexterity: 0

Potency: 3

Will: 1

Channeling:2

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2012, 02:46:54 am »

Yell "GARSTORPIT" at the people fighting in the center of the arena! Pick up metal marbles.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:01:58 am by Harry Baldman »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2012, 03:50:44 am »

"acting on my own will not work" looking around Patrick see Serus about to be bumrush 'ok' aiming at Ferin Pat yell a word
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 05:36:55 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Roth Kelio
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2012, 05:33:09 am »

As Kin felt more rested than he needed he saw a movement from the other side of the place. He couldn't recognize the person but he looked very average. Taking a better look around Kin had a faint recollection of the place being "The Pit", a brutal arena for criminal scum fighting for survival and for the common peoples enjoyment. "But I'm not one. Surely there must be some mix up."

Nevertheless he moved towards the other person, careful not to alert him and readied himself a new sentence: "Roth Kelio". He wasn't going to use it if the person were friendly or at least left Kin alone, but it didn't hurt to be prepared. It was time to stop being a coward. "Hello!"

Spoiler: Kin's musings (click to show/hide)

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2012, 06:28:13 am »

Post to watch.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 435