Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 964826 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #435 on: December 07, 2012, 09:57:47 pm »

Wow, I'm on top of the waitlist! I'd better catch up on what's happened while I was dead...
Maybe there was some sort of alliance formed I could join?

I'm participating in one. It's a bit unused, beyond sharing knowledge, considering my Swiss tendencies, but an alliance nonetheless.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 07, 2012, 09:58:13 pm »

Ahh... nice to just sit and think for a minute.  And think I did- got another PLAN!

Execute Magic Plan Tokyo!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 07, 2012, 09:59:41 pm »

Ahh... nice to just sit and think for a minute.  And think I did- got another PLAN!

Is it just me, or is it that every time someone gets a brilliant idea, someone ends up with a wooden foot, metal arm, or dead? I like those odds!
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 07, 2012, 10:05:35 pm »

I place great confidence in my growing understanding of the Perplexicon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 07, 2012, 10:05:54 pm »

"Hey. You could have your hips down turned to cold unfeeling wood then push your friend up some stairs while your right leg rips itself from your body and crumbles to pieces. I've been through a lot and no one is even aiming at me."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 07, 2012, 10:11:47 pm »

Wow, I'm on top of the waitlist! I'd better catch up on what's happened while I was dead...
Maybe there was some sort of alliance formed I could join?
I'm participating in one. It's a bit unused, beyond sharing knowledge, considering my Swiss tendencies, but an alliance nonetheless.
Anyone else in it?
Is there a nonagression pact?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 07, 2012, 10:14:22 pm »

((It boils down to "do science or die", but if the player/scientist balance gets too sciency, then everyone dies.))
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 07, 2012, 10:33:08 pm »

"None a' dat!" Yurf saw the bleeding man's lips moving feebly, frowned, and raised his sword.

>Plant my blade in Cog's skull, silencing him finally!

He turned to eye the other dying fellow, too, pity mingling with wariness on his face.
"Ain't nuffin' I can do for ya. Dun' go makin' none of dat magic stuff, though. Want me finish yer off?"

>If he tries to speak, work out if it's magic or not. If it is, finish him.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #443 on: December 08, 2012, 02:41:08 am »

"Alright, so far so good....."

Activate the mark by any means possible. Thinking it active, pushing the circle, running a finger over the circles rim, putting a palm over the circle, just try something until it works. If time is left over, Genericia Altolis.

((No comment. Bragging/whining will be done at their proper time, right now... science.))

You think hard about activating the marking. It activates without trouble a moment later, converting your flesh into living, moving steel. You flex your metallic fingers and listen with a smile to the tink of your fingers against your palm. That done, you move on to your word.
[pot:6+1]
Your right hand tingles.

I sit in my little corner and yell ANUBTEH PHALI white scratching my pits.
[pot:4+1]
Nothing happens. Hmm, maybe the spell was malformed?

[pot:1+1]

Despite all your magical verbage, nothing seems to happen. Aww.

Alga stared at Sanya a moment before speaking.

"...be right back."

Walk to the edge of the pit. Words at Targets.
[pot:3+2]
The air in front of you boils with darkness, forming itself into a flowing orb, like a snow globe filled with india ink. The darkness parts and a flowing tide of eyes bubbles up, all held within the thin skin of the sphere. An instant later it goes screaming straight across the room and slams into the wall on the far side. Razor sharp tendrils, grasping arms and parasitic suckers lash out of the exploding blackness before it all vanishes.

Gurgle out Garstopit Garstopit, imagining a huge cloud around me.

((A desperate man is a dangerous one.))
"None a' dat!" Yurf saw the bleeding man's lips moving feebly, frowned, and raised his sword.

>Plant my blade in Cog's skull, silencing him finally!

He turned to eye the other dying fellow, too, pity mingling with wariness on his face.
"Ain't nuffin' I can do for ya. Dun' go makin' none of dat magic stuff, though. Want me finish yer off?"

>If he tries to speak, work out if it's magic or not. If it is, finish him.

[Yurf dex;6]
[cog dex:1]

[yurf dex:1]
Yurf swings the blade down at Cog but misses completely, succeeding instead  on chopping off his big toe.
[yurf end:5+1]
Yurf looks down at his bleeding foot.
"Whatever."

[cog end:1]
Cog attempts to speak but his ruined throat can't form words. All he can do is make very rude gestures before finally bleeding out.

[Cog is dead.YURF gains 2 points]

(dr.) Phil materializes on the second floor, right beside the east stairs.

Sanya:Green: Pool:2/3 (lower body turned to wood. Right leg broken off) [Third floor, west stairs]
Phil: Red: pool:1/1 [second floor, east stairs]
YURF(4): Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified,right toe cut off.)  [first floor, Gazebo area]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth, right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Susan: Yellow: Pool:1/3 [second floor, South stairs]
Thrakor(10): Purple: Pool:2/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Alga: Light blue: Pool:1/2  [third floor, on west stairs]
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (bob): Dark red: Pool:2/2  (Horribly poisoned)[first floor, gazebo area]

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 08, 2012, 06:54:45 am »

"I AM EDWARD ELRIC! ..... Wait, who's Edward Elric?"

Try to deactivate the runes on my arm. If that works, reactivate immediately. Continue experiments. Genericia.

((Let the reveling commence.

I can't believe that worked! First metal arm that actually works! Oh the possibilities for this! Great Gods, I could be a fully formed fire elemental! Or perhaps a magma elemental. Dorfy.

I think I'm in love....))
Greater Collection

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 08, 2012, 07:13:28 am »

I can't believe that worked! First metal arm that actually works!

Sorry to rain on your parade but....
Didnt toaster already do that but with bronze instead of steel? and radio controlled has a gastorpit leg which i believe also functions normally.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 08, 2012, 07:59:16 am »

I can't believe that worked! First metal arm that actually works!

Sorry to rain on your parade but....
Didnt toaster already do that but with bronze instead of steel? and radio controlled has a gastorpit leg which i believe also functions normally.

I was under the impression the bronze arm was immovable, and the garstopit leg nearly killed its owner. I'll check back, though.

-reading- Oh.... The bronze arm did work. Apologies, then.

-further reading- Garstopit did as well. How odd.

I must have forgotten.
Greater Collection

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 08, 2012, 08:32:34 am »

((hehe yeah... Also mr garstorpit leg was killed by a second gastorpit spell so having it didnt prevent the rest of his body from its effects.

A garstorpit hand might allow someone to use the sword of rot but if they roll a [dex:1] failure they are in for a world of hurt.))

edit: point of clarification, i believe the GM stated that you will retain mobility in altered limbs if they are NOT the result of [pot:1] failures.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:35:59 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 08, 2012, 08:35:45 am »

((hehe yeah... Also mr garstorpit leg was killed by a second gastorpit spell so having it didnt prevent the rest of his body from its effects.

A garstorpit hand might allow someone to use the sword of rot but if they roll a [dex:1] failure they are in for a world of hurt.))

I wonder.... I think I know a spell for turning my hand into pure fire. The pimpslap will be legendary.
Greater Collection

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 08, 2012, 08:37:05 am »

"You know, I'm actually glad I turned my lower body to wood before ripping my right leg off. It didn't hurt much."

Focus on the combat between Yurf and cog below, and point at Yurf.
No-noheim Con-thorbdalion!
""I'm sorry, Yurf, but it's better your power go to someone more peaceable than yourself."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:02:34 am by Tsuchigumo550 »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 435