Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 952685 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing (Now accepting characters)
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2012, 07:36:35 am »

Grab sword and attack Serus with it!
Shout a random word and remember which one it is! Think of Serus getting small as I do!

((Shouldn't holding onto a sword be Strength? I wouldn't want to try wrestling something out of, I dunno, Hulk Hogan.))
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:35:37 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2012, 09:14:54 am »

"Well, this magic is weaker than I thought.... Perhaps I shouldn't have robbed those girl scouts. They did have it coming, anyone who leaves six hundred Kurricks in a single unguarded envelope deserves to be robbed. I gotta say though, being a magitech scientist is pretty sweet... Fourth Wall be damned! Speccing myself as a caster was a terrible idea!"

Generic! is now my basic offensive move. On touch magical heat ray. Useful. If anyone gets close enough to be razed whether or not they're trying to be friendly, they deserve it. If you wanna be friends, keep your dirty mitts off me, five meters distance. I don't trust any of these worthless chunks of pond scum any more than I trust the legal system around here. If the new sensation of having your blood evaporate inside of you knocks them out or kills them, steal their book. It may have more or different words than mine. This stuff could make me rich. For now I think I'll wait here, sit in a crouch, ready to sprint away or jump up to defend myself but not quite as tiring as standing. I think I'll try to play with magic a bit more, Generic Word of Power. this time while waving my hands in circles. See if gestures have any effect. Also concentrate on placing whatever happens on the floor a meter in front of me, don't want to set myself on fire before the fun even starts. Perhaps this magic is based on a system of: Intent, Power, Words, Gestures. Or maybe not gestures. But Power and Words I am certain.

((Anyone want to team? I'm currently trying to get a codex set and one word per turn will probably get me killed before I accomplish my studies. I have about three words at basic level of comprehension at the moment. Suspected effects: Cloth, Heat/Fire, Metal/Sphere. Willing to trade for new words. Magic sounds like it could be very fun indeed.))
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:30:38 am by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2012, 09:20:43 am »

"Hmmm... Let's see... If that one conjures metal... And the other one is lightning..." John thinks for a moment... "Eh, might as well try something new."

John points down at the idiots in the gazebo, and shouts "WORDS OF POWER!"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2012, 09:36:55 am »

((Anyone want to team? I'm currently trying to get a codex set and one word per turn will probably get me killed before I accomplish my studies. I have about three words at basic level of comprehension at the moment. Suspected effects: Cloth, Heat/Fire, Metal/Sphere. Willing to trade for new words. Magic sounds like it could be very fun indeed.))
sure if you don't mind me having tried to shoot you the first turn
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2012, 09:45:02 am »

sure if you don't mind me having tried to shoot you the first turn

Not at all! Magic is pretty harmless so far at anything other than point-blank range. Plus you didn't hit me and summon a flesh-eating tarantula to devour my legs. So no harm done. Welcome to the team. Come to think of it, do you know any of the elemental spells? I've been searching for ice. I have a few ideas on how to turn that into a powerful AoE spell. Suicidal without a Stoneskin spell, but powerful none the less.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2012, 09:58:46 am »

not let the only possible elemental spell i got is metal
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2012, 10:17:19 am »

Well, if anyone gets a decent potency score and an ability for armorsmithing/tailoring I'm practically a supply depot. More experiments! Oh, and if you need any of the spells I mentioned I can PM you the word.
Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2012, 12:14:16 pm »

Anyways...I've thought it over, and decided I wouldn't attack anyone who doesn't either attack me/cast a spell on me with hostile intentions or try to take something of mine. Such as the sword. Conversely, I'll work with anyone else and forgive anyone who asks for it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2012, 12:31:46 pm »

Well, if anyone gets a decent potency score and an ability for armorsmithing/tailoring I'm practically a supply depot. More experiments! Oh, and if you need any of the spells I mentioned I can PM you the word.
miss something in the round. also got a black stone spell

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2012, 05:24:23 pm »

Dive for the sword, then point a hand at Doodles and utter the word while thinking of him in agony.
Grab sword and attack Serus with it!
Shout a random word and remember which one it is! Think of Serus getting small as I do!

((Shouldn't holding onto a sword be Strength? I wouldn't want to try wrestling something out of, I dunno, Hulk Hogan.))
(There would have been a str roll except that you rolled pretty low and he overshot so you both lost hold of it.  If you had been more evenly matched then you would have struggled over it, rather then just kind of loosing hold.)

[serus dex:6+1]
[doodles dex:1-1]
Serus dives and rolls, snatching up the blade in a fluid motion and stepping back toward Doodles as he stumbles towards him, tripping over his own feet. They both yell their words as they come together, doodles walking directly into Serus's blade.
[doodles pot:1]
[serus pot:5+1]
[doodles end:1+1]
(this is really a bad day for Mr.doodles.)

Doodles and Serus stand, frozen, sword driven into Doodles' stomach and blood pouring forth, as the air around them shimmers and boils but finally settles without effect. Looks like the spells failed.

[Doodles fatally wounded:2 turns till death if things remain as they are]

"Sorry big guy, I'm a little confused by all this magic stuff still. But don't worry, I'll take that little sneak down for sure this time!"
"While Serus is distracted, rush up directly behind him and shout the same word as last time, trying to grab onto him if he doesn't pick up the sword, and doing the same hand gesture as before if he does."
In the time it takes you to circle around behind him and then charge in, Serus manages to stab Doodles. Well, so much for that partnership. Still, this is your chance!

You charge in from behind, running till you're right behind Serus and then shout the same word as before, palms pointed toward the man.

[pot:1+1]
Serus' hair stands on end and the air crackles with what you might consider particularly nasty static cling, but thats it.

Yell "GARSTORPIT" at the people fighting in the center of the arena! Pick up metal marbles.
[pot:3+1]
The air a few feet in front of you grows dark, a vile greenish color, and thin black tendrils twitch and stab shakily through it before the air clears, leaving only an acrid smell. You shrug and grab a few metal marbles.

"acting on my own will not work" looking around Patrick see Serus about to be bumrush 'ok' aiming at Ferin Pat yell a word
[pot:5]
You yell your word at the man sneaking up behind Serus. The air in front of you shimmers and blackens, hardening into a great angular boulder, a sharp edged mass of obsidian that thuds heavily to the ground right in front of you.

As Kin felt more rested than he needed he saw a movement from the other side of the place. He couldn't recognize the person but he looked very average. Taking a better look around Kin had a faint recollection of the place being "The Pit", a brutal arena for criminal scum fighting for survival and for the common peoples enjoyment. "But I'm not one. Surely there must be some mix up."

Nevertheless he moved towards the other person, careful not to alert him and readied himself a new sentence: "Roth Kelio". He wasn't going to use it if the person were friendly or at least left Kin alone, but it didn't hurt to be prepared. It was time to stop being a coward. "Hello!"

Spoiler: Kin's musings (click to show/hide)
You walk slowly around the ledge until you reach the person on the opposite side. He seems intent on yelling at the pillars so he doesn't respond to you. Well, at least he doesn't try to murder you either.

"Well, this magic is weaker than I thought.... Perhaps I shouldn't have robbed those girl scouts. They did have it coming, anyone who leaves six hundred Kurricks in a single unguarded envelope deserves to be robbed. I gotta say though, being a magitech scientist is pretty sweet... Fourth Wall be damned! Speccing myself as a caster was a terrible idea!"

Generic! is now my basic offensive move. On touch magical heat ray. Useful. If anyone gets close enough to be razed whether or not they're trying to be friendly, they deserve it. If you wanna be friends, keep your dirty mitts off me, five meters distance. I don't trust any of these worthless chunks of pond scum any more than I trust the legal system around here. If the new sensation of having your blood evaporate inside of you knocks them out or kills them, steal their book. It may have more or different words than mine. This stuff could make me rich. For now I think I'll wait here, sit in a crouch, ready to sprint away or jump up to defend myself but not quite as tiring as standing. I think I'll try to play with magic a bit more, Generic Word of Power. this time while waving my hands in circles. See if gestures have any effect. Also concentrate on placing whatever happens on the floor a meter in front of me, don't want to set myself on fire before the fun even starts. Perhaps this magic is based on a system of: Intent, Power, Words, Gestures. Or maybe not gestures. But Power and Words I am certain.

[pot:5+1]
A huge mound of cloth, in many different colors, several feet high materializes in front of you. Huh.

"Hmmm... Let's see... If that one conjures metal... And the other one is lightning..." John thinks for a moment... "Eh, might as well try something new."

John points down at the idiots in the gazebo, and shouts "WORDS OF POWER!"
[pot:2-1]
You speak your words before screaming in pain and staggering back as your left arm glows blindingly and solidifies into solid gold.

Patrick :Green: Pool:2/2
Serus : Red: pool:2/2
Garth : Blue: Pool:2/2 (a few metal marbles)
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth)
Ferin : Yellow: Pool:1/1
Doodles: Purple: Pool:1/1 (Stabbed in stomach, bleeding out)
Kin : Light blue: Pool:2/2
John: Dark red: Pool: 2/3 (Left arm turned to gold from elbow down.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2012, 05:31:18 pm »

"Ooh, something that works! Oh ye-es!"

Sneak up to the guy that tried that electricity stuff and yell "GARSTORPIT" once more. Try to stand so that I catch all three of the people in the area of effect.[/color]

I hope what happens next is interesting!

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2012, 06:14:35 pm »

"AAAAAAAAAGH!" John stumbles back, clutching his arm. Oh god oh god oh god my arm my arm! He flinches back, bumping into Kin, and swings around. The pain is less noticeable now, but still awful. "Gah! Don't kill me!"

John secretly prepares to shout a WORD if the person attacks him. If there's no attack, he'll look over his new golden arm, to see how exactly it changed.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 06:19:23 pm »

"Oh, that's not good at all. Hold in there for a minute big guy, if you can take care of that sneak-thief, I think I can fix you up!"
Sprint away from the combat as fast as I can and pick up some of the cloth that's lying around. If the area around Doodles is safe after I pick it up, run back and attempt to bandage him. If not, then stay away and yell a GWP while pointing my palms at Serus.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2012, 06:19:52 pm »

Serus cackled maniacally, turning to face the guy attacking him from behind with a sadistic grin. That's how he wanted to play, eh?

Butcher Ferin? The guy who tried to spell me from behind. Shout the word at him while I do so, just thinking about normal butchery stuff and not pointing anywhere in particular.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2012, 06:40:42 pm »

"Are you f*cking kidding me? I try five words and two of them are cloth? Does the universe want a tailor that badly?"
((For the record, I did facepalm. How am I reading a book of magic and all I find are marbles and cloth? What are the bloody odds!))

Sit on my new chair o' cloth and look down on the action, this is wonderful! If those idiots kill themselves off... It'll make the deathmatch a little more favorable. But wait, if that one kills all three of them.... He'll boost his power high enough it will be a man hunt! Interrupt! Call down to the guy stealing my cloth: "You're welcome!" then mutter to self "Jack @$$." Say Generic and if it does summon anything with a decent density to surface area ratio, throw it at the moron trying to poison the whole pit. I ain't dying of neurotoxins just yet.

((If I find a third word that summons cloth, I will rename my character Arcane Loom.))
Greater Collection
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 435