Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 950736 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4740 on: May 05, 2013, 01:08:23 pm »

I am willing to contribute my high will score to whichever team can pledge me the most control rings. I have my own !!Science!! to do.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:13:10 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: May 05, 2013, 01:09:44 pm »

I can supposedly create a ring of Control 3 elements per turn if my potency keeps up.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: May 05, 2013, 01:11:21 pm »

Derm; What did you DO to make Bay12 so WARY of you? I mean, their fears of you were showing up even BEFORE you joined.
I mean, ArchAIngle's statement there REALLY serves to emphasize the fact that, somehow, you are feared universally across Bay12 RtD games.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: May 05, 2013, 01:12:20 pm »

Derm; What did you DO to make Bay12 so WARY of you? I mean, their fears of you were showing up even BEFORE you joined.
I mean, ArchAIngle's statement there REALLY serves to emphasize the fact that, somehow, you are feared universally across Bay12 RtD games.
Derm is the entire reason I thought it was Roll to Die before I took a closer look.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4744 on: May 05, 2013, 01:14:01 pm »

I am willing contribute my high will score to whichever team can pledge me the most control rings. I have my own !!Science!! to do.
I can give you full control of all elements in 10 turns plus armor that can protect from most attacks. I had actually thought of the concept of the will warrior during my trade with toaster with which I discussed it a bit. Send me a pm if you're interested and we'll talk more.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: May 05, 2013, 01:24:31 pm »

Derm Hellbinder, Roll to Roll to Dodge.

Murdered the Owner of the Sword of Plot advancement, Sunk our ship, Sunk our replacement ship with a giant whirlpool that I created trying to drown the former crew, horrifically mutated my teammates in the name of healing, boiled alive a regiment of guards after said mutations and exploding a cat (that explosion killed the dockmaster) created at least three seperate boss encounters, turned my own bones to blood, and my arms into a mass of pure muscle and a tentacle, burned down an elven retreat, created genetic abominations on a massive scale, successfully impersonated a demon without actually faking anything, incinerated the leader of an allied nation on sight without him getting a word in, and raised an army of the undead by having my dismembered hand fuck around with the necronomicon and on the last turn, on my way to tearing down the fourth wall and ascending to demonhood/final boss.

One hundred twenty six turns. No fucks given.

And thus a legend was born.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:29:04 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: May 05, 2013, 01:30:45 pm »

Murdered the Owner of the Sword of Plot advancement, Sunk our ship, Sunk our replacement ship with a giant whirlpool that I created trying to drown the former crew, horrifically mutated my teammates in the name of healing, boiled alive a regiment of guards after said mutations and exploding a cat (that explosion killed the dockmaster) created at least three seperate boss encounters, turned my own bones to blood, and my arms into a mass of pure muscle and a tentacle, burned down an elven retreat, created genetic abominations on a massive scale, successfully impersonated a demon without actually faking anything, incinerated the leader of an allied nation on sight without him getting a word in, and raised an army of the undead by having my dismembered hand fuck around with the necronomicon and on the last turn, on my way to tearing down the fourth wall and ascending to demonhood/final boss.

More like a story to terrify Bay12ers throughout the ages.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: May 05, 2013, 01:46:40 pm »

You know, I had known this story for a while now but I still laugh whenever I hear it. There are countless ways to make a badass character instill fear in his enemies, but I have yet to see any other examples of a mage brutally making this many mistakes and ending up feared by an entire board of escaped mental patients with this level of fervor. That, takes a d6.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: May 05, 2013, 01:48:10 pm »

Approach the rune circle cautiously.

Hello?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: May 05, 2013, 06:32:58 pm »

Really? That's it? I had expected more, to be honest.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: May 05, 2013, 06:37:50 pm »

I may have left out something. It's been a while.

Oh, I remember one. My mutant amphibious giant Rat/Scorpion performed a teleport based chestburst once.

You had to be there. It's better when described by the GM.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:39:25 pm by dermonster »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: May 05, 2013, 06:47:18 pm »

[Yeah, the choices seem primarily to be two of the big teams. There isn't really any other one to go with, unless you wish to stay neutral in the situation. There's a small group here or there, but they typically disband as quickly as they form, such as the bear group.

Aether touts more "experienced" members, which isn't a lie, and Bismuth touts having more of an actual goal. I'd be surprised if Aether was beat by Bismuth in knowledge, to be frank, but honestly they seem to be more a loose confederacy than an actual team. Bismuth on the other hand does have an actual goal, but I'd wager less members as well, and probably less of a robust knowledge foundation. Aether has more experience in the intricacies of magic, how it can be used, but Bismuth, once again, seems to actually have an idea of how to apply such knowledge.

Another thing is that Aether would probably be considered the more "vicious" team, as prior experience tends influence them, and a show of strength can be comforting to its members, as fear does tend to influence those that go against such. Bismuth is more the "generous" team in that they seem free with their resources, more apt to want to make alliances and contracted friends than enemies to crush. This can be a comfort too in another sense.

I'm sure both teams are probably strapped for members, at least not as much as they like, if they campaign this hard and keep so tight lipped about numbers. Otherwise, if they were secure in such knowledge, they'd put it as a focal point, an appeal to ad populum so it were.

Really, if Aether were to consolidate and coordinate their resources and members, and work up a goal, they'd be a stronger force to be reckoned with than they already are, which by itself is already something. Likewise, if Bismuth were to beef up their knowledge and experience and have a bit more coordination between the members it would be the same story.

At least, this is an outsider's perspective.]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:49:36 pm by Xanmyral »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: May 05, 2013, 06:57:58 pm »

((I'm not sure about "viscous." Describing Aether as "viscous" is like describing the USA as "swing states" or humans as "English speakers"--it's true in some cases, and that's often what's focused on, but it's not necessarily descriptive of the whole thing.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: May 05, 2013, 07:08:10 pm »

[Vicious is probably not the best of word, but its the one that I found fit. Its the same in how generous doesn't really fit either, its simply the best I thought to suit for the moment.

To put it simply, I've noticed more attempts to getting people to join Aether to be from points of "we have a large repertoire of knowledge" and "we won't kill you." Bismuth being "we have a large repertoire of knowledge" and "we'll give you stuff."

Granted, Bismuth may of threatened, and Aether may of showed generosity, but the typical appeal seems to be those stated previous. Also viscous is rather odd word to mean for vicious. You mean to say that your team is a thick sap?

EDIT: I suppose that could be an interesting metaphor for solidarity.

But with the viciousness, it doesn't surprise me when your lead campaigner is Derm, he's the only one who attempts to sell the team to others thus his views influence it such. If he believes a show of force to get others to join to be suffice, then that is what he'll do.]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:12:09 pm by Xanmyral »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4754 on: May 05, 2013, 07:13:18 pm »

Don't forget the sky pirates. Why do people keep forgetting the sky-pirates? So what if they only have two members?

EDIT: Oh, and I personally do not reveal member counts because some members have asked me not to reveal their participation to the group. By revealing member numbers I would risk revealing the identities of those members which would be betraying their trust. And that is terrible. Warining: TVTropes link.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:29:22 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 435