Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 952688 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4755 on: May 05, 2013, 07:33:06 pm »

((Wie ar yoo cumplayning abowt mai speling?

Anyways, while there might be more threats from Aether, that's really more reflective on how vocal the violent team members are. Again, while some on both teams are undoubtably vicious, most are not.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4756 on: May 05, 2013, 07:34:13 pm »

Insider Knowledge: Bismuth is best team. Trust me on that. :D

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: May 05, 2013, 07:34:57 pm »

Also I haven't really actually killed anyone yet.

Insider Knowledge: Aether is X+1 where X = Bismuth.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: May 05, 2013, 07:36:53 pm »

Its kind of hard to forget a group you're in. I just don't think us to be big enough to change much honestly, so I don't mention us. If anything, we'd be the people that the other groups see probably once in a blue moon, only looking out for ourselves but willing to barter.

Really, we're only on the beach now because we're trying to get our MASTAH SHIP up and running, but are hitting a few snags. Namely, willing something like that into being is time consuming, and currently under attack. Once that's done and over with, we'll probably be wandering down the coasts looking for stuff, consolidating our resources and powers to tackle the bonus bosses.

I know of two so far, the LEVIATHAN and the STORM ROK. Both will fall by our hand! Or be controlled by us, either is good. I'm still trying to imagine how huge the Storm Rok must be if a van sized beetle is a tic to it.

Wait, Sparky is a tic? Does he suck blood or... Oh wow, that's awesome. I just realized something neat.

@GWG: Sorry, had to. But yeah, I mentioned its probably due to the campaigner than the actual group, the only violent ones to players would be... Well, you really, but even then you killed someone who hasn't played for a while so it kinda doesn't count. I was just giving a "skin-depth outsider opinion" to anyone who might be interested in joining either group, based upon their campaigning. Little of it is probably fact, more just suppositions and correlations drawn upon by presumption.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: May 05, 2013, 07:41:48 pm »

((I don't think you can count that one, since I essentially only killed him because he wasn't posting (and I needed another point of pool, I guess...)

And if you want some help, why don't we discuss it? I'm sure there's something you could offer Aether. Please send any details by PM.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: May 05, 2013, 07:53:49 pm »

Heh, yeah that's why I said something like that hardly counts and if anything just makes Piecewise's book-keeping easier, which must be a migraine and a half for him honestly, so it's a good thing really.

For help though, I think we're good. Either we'll die and try again, or manage it on our own. Probably only a turn or two out with shaping the ship, and the fight will be out of the way either way either this turn or next. Thanks for the offer though, although I can't think of much in the way of stuff we can offer right now.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: May 05, 2013, 08:04:31 pm »

Has anyone figured out the recipe for a booze plant, yet? I had an idea but I haven't tested it. <enchant_righthand> <booze> <control> while touching a tree, but I think that's just how you create a really weird boss fight.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: May 05, 2013, 08:11:38 pm »

I'm sure MEGARUNE isn't being too kind on PW's book keeping, either.  That, and he/she (he, right?) is probably still moving right now. So I wouldn't be surprised if he was taking a few asprins.

I'm not part of either team, but am willing to make deals with members of either. Services for experiments right now; As in, part of either team helps me with something (MEGARUNE!!), then I test something they want tested for them in return (Redeemable whenever-ish after services rendered). I've only made one such agreement so far, but I think it's going to work well.

If I can figure out who represents Bismuth most/best, I'd be able to cut deals with them easier, and Derm is obviously the Aether representative right now, so contracts can go through him for that team.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: May 05, 2013, 08:27:28 pm »

I just thought of another thing to consider if you're undecided on the Aether or Bismuth issue:

As a member of Team Aether, you don't really have any duties. Well, no team-killing and stuff like that, plus getting pressured into research projects sometimes, but that's it.
It sounds like that might not be the case with Bismuth.
Sig

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4764 on: May 05, 2013, 08:32:38 pm »

Well, bismuth has projects planned, but you don't have to help if you don't want to. They're very exciting though, so you probably want to.

Also, how do I bypass the 20 PM's a day limit? It's very annoying.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: May 05, 2013, 08:34:31 pm »

You bypass the limit by sending more than 20 PMs in a day.

And Aether doesn't have any long-term projects. Sign up, get magical knowledge, go research or whatever until you run into a fellow TA member who needs you.
Sig

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: May 05, 2013, 08:39:46 pm »

Well, bismuth has projects planned, but you don't have to help if you don't want to. They're very exciting though, so you probably want to.

Also, how do I bypass the 20 PM's a day limit? It's very annoying.

HOW DO YOU HAVE 20 PMs TO SEND IN A DAY?

Sounds like you need a few Quick Topics to cut down on PMs sent: http://www.quicktopic.com/
About as secure as your PMs, no posting limit per day, by sending a link to each person in your team to the topic you can have everyone PMing away without worry about the limits.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: May 05, 2013, 11:20:36 pm »

((Well it sounds like I'd probably enjoy Bismuth more, so whoever is recruiting for them, go ahead and PM me and I'll share my rune knowledge with you in return for the WORDS OF POWER.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: May 05, 2013, 11:25:00 pm »

((I would prefer to stay a free agent, though, once I gain some levels, or respawn, I may start running an bodyguard service, for some of the deeper expeditions.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: May 06, 2013, 02:04:35 am »

((I'd also like to stay free, but if anyone wants a short-term research partner, I'd be very happy to pool resources. Particularly if someone just wants to burn through some words quickly with no team affiliation, after I weaponize this turn I'd be very happy with that. Any takers?))

((FYI, even if you are IN a team already, got a block of words you'd like to research together? I'll move on to runes later but words for the time being.))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 435