Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 930379 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4845 on: May 07, 2013, 05:35:15 pm »

[Outside the temple walls, where we should be now. Which is hopefully far enough away from the circle that we won't have too bad a backlash. You can make it whatever you wish really, I just suggest stone or diamond because they're non-conductive and strong enough, and I don't know the strength or hardiness of crystal. I just know that its crazy sharp, which sounds like a hazard and a half. Although I wouldn't mind making the prow out of a sharp crystal, that way we can ram the ship into stuff like a giant axe...]

Crystal is inferior to diamond, also conductive. Did some experiments with that.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: May 07, 2013, 07:24:21 pm »

Word of Power: Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A. HAX: Cainthalsaz
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: May 07, 2013, 08:56:16 pm »

((Tell me I'm not right behind the
I WANT MY OMNIPOTENCE SLASH HORRIFIC DEATH!
rune people. I am, aren't I?))

Woah, what the hell is that!? Who the hell are you people?

Back off to the temple doorway. The creepy temple is probably a heck of a lot safer than whatever they're doing.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: May 07, 2013, 08:59:24 pm »

"We're just scientists, and that is a test project. Kindly remove yourself from the area, we don't rightly know what will happen when it goes off. This preliminary test should yield some excellent results, though."
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: May 07, 2013, 09:09:39 pm »

"MY GOLD!!! Door, you're about to enter a whole new world of emotional pain! That's right. Let's see how well you hold up when your buddy Mr. Wall over there tastes my golden wrath!"

Mourn lost golden butterfly. Form remaining gold into a massive battering ram and send it through the wall, being very careful not to hit the door with it.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: May 07, 2013, 09:50:13 pm »

Runic science!

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: May 07, 2013, 10:21:18 pm »

"Hmm this door seems to be somewhat electric.  Perhaps it may be opened by a magnet or another source of electricity?"

Ozzy casts "Ku-karua" and tries rubbing the resulting material against the door.  He searches for anything that might be a keyhole or a sigil or any other unusual marking that might signify where someone might open the door.  If he finds one then he'll press the magnet against it in random patterns.

If that fails to do anything he will try the same thing with what he gets from casting "Rothon".

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: May 07, 2013, 11:42:23 pm »

Way ahead of you, whoever you are!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: May 07, 2013, 11:53:57 pm »

-snip-

Crystal is inferior to diamond, also conductive. Did some experiments with that.
Nice to know, thanks! Although crystal being conductive confuses me. But it does give me an idea for an ultra-sharp electrified railgun type thingy. Even if I had the words/pot/want to make such a thing though, I'd never use it. Also, I don't really know crystal's puncturing power, for all I'd know it would shatter on anything stronger than steel, which isn't something useful.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: May 08, 2013, 03:18:13 am »

-snip-

Nice to know, thanks! Although crystal being conductive confuses me. But it does give me an idea for an ultra-sharp electrified railgun type thingy. Even if I had the words/pot/want to make such a thing though, I'd never use it. Also, I don't really know crystal's puncturing power, for all I'd know it would shatter on anything stronger than steel, which isn't something useful.
Well if we think about it crystal shatters on contact right? So imagine hitting someone with a warhammer made out of it. Not only would it hit like a truck it would also shatter right into wherever you hit with it. Therefor it causes more damage in the long run however it isn't that useful to have such fragile weapons. If you could create a lot of them at will then I would be VERY scared.
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: May 08, 2013, 04:04:11 am »

-snip-

Well if we think about it crystal shatters on contact right? So imagine hitting someone with a warhammer made out of it. Not only would it hit like a truck it would also shatter right into wherever you hit with it. Therefor it causes more damage in the long run however it isn't that useful to have such fragile weapons. If you could create a lot of them at will then I would be VERY scared.
((I think Corsair found a way to use beams to mass produce weapons, the process would need a shock dampener to prevent shattering or it could just be fired at someone, though either way it requires 4 potency. I think I may be able to create several single-element crystal weapons by creating a levitating mass of a water-sand mixture and firing the weapon beam directly into it. Another word combination I know should be able to generate weapons that generate crystallized projectiles but my records indicate only Derm has enough pool to summon it.))
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:44:08 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: May 08, 2013, 04:39:35 am »

Just derm now, singularbyte cost me two pool by proving his own ineptitude when it comes to projectile trajectories and gravity.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: May 08, 2013, 04:44:23 am »

Just derm now, singularbyte cost me two pool by proving his own ineptitude when it comes to projectile trajectories and gravity.
((Edited my post.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: May 08, 2013, 07:04:24 am »

Just to point out, crystal weapons are a LOT more effective when you can make a new one every turn few minutes.

...How long is a turn supposed to be?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: May 08, 2013, 07:32:14 am »

...How long is a turn supposed to be?
((Short enough for only a few attacks and counter attacks to occur in melee combat but long enough for a bear to die from alcohol poisoning induced by binge drinking.))
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 435