Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 952617 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5025 on: May 12, 2013, 09:05:18 am »

Question: who do you guys think has the most words/runes/muffins figured out? Anyone with the whole book yet?
I'm not certain for the word part (we have about 80%), but I am certain that our team (Join Team Bismuth) knows more runes and circles then anybody else out there (we have about 40% after some recent trades). And I'm certain the bartender has the most muffins, but he may ask you to trade your souls for them.

Incidentally, if you find a spear made of arm bones or a giant beetle which answers to the name of "Sparky", the sky pirates would appreciate their return.
((One quick GIMPing later...))
Spoiler: Have you seen me? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 06:15:33 am by Parisbre56 »

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: May 12, 2013, 09:12:50 am »

Bismuth is dwarfier. GO TEAM BISMUTH!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: May 12, 2013, 10:24:20 am »

I can almost assure you that Team Aether has more runes and words than Team Bismuth.

Looking at the number of players and the number of members, almost assuredly more people too.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: May 12, 2013, 10:29:31 am »

Team Bismuth will soon have a really nice base, tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: May 12, 2013, 10:31:11 am »

Yay, I get to start now! Hopefully.
Since Piecewise bas been updating irregularly, I'll save you some time.  He'd just describe the first room to you, then let you choose what to do.

Instead I'll give you a description of the temple so you can have a full turn.

Spoiler: Infodump (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: May 12, 2013, 11:38:28 am »

Leave the temple without picking anything up, I can make whatever I need.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: May 12, 2013, 11:39:19 am »

Also bold actions.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5032 on: May 12, 2013, 11:46:10 am »

Nope, Bismuth has the most runes. No data available about other stuff, but I'm certain for the rune part.

Also, there is the hall of remembrance where you can check the death-o-meter and the reading room that contains some scrolls but most of them have been looted.

Other points of interest are the bar, where you can trade souls for special stuff and the clothing store where you can find any kind of clothing you want for free. EDIT: those are in the village though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:07:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: May 12, 2013, 11:49:38 am »

TO THE TOPHATS. Because tophats.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: May 12, 2013, 12:23:25 pm »

At this point in time, there's two main factions among the players, Team Aether and Team Bismuth, along with a handful of minor groups which have no more than a few people each. If you don't know many words, I believe both teams offer their entire word list to members, but you'd have to ask them about that.
They offer their whole word list. Aether's builds on that of the first alliance, which means they have about 95-99% of the words.
Also, despite what you've heard, I believe Bismuth only has about four, maybe five members total. Sorry, Paris.

Incidentally, if you find a spear made of arm bones or a giant beetle which answers to the name of "Sparky", the sky pirates would appreciate their return.
Try making some posters.

Nope, Bismuth has the most runes. No data available about other stuff, but I'm certain for the rune part.
Not true. Be honest, you should know why.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5035 on: May 12, 2013, 12:53:13 pm »

Bismuth has 7-12 members.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:56:23 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: May 12, 2013, 12:57:27 pm »

((I don't follow this, but is there like a summary of what has happened in Perplexicon? I only know that this started in some sort of arena... or not. And maybe I just don't feel like reading 350 pages backlog. Anyone?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5037 on: May 12, 2013, 01:01:01 pm »

At this point in time, there's two main factions among the players, Team Aether and Team Bismuth, along with a handful of minor groups which have no more than a few people each. If you don't know many words, I believe both teams offer their entire word list to members, but you'd have to ask them about that.
They offer their whole word list. Aether's builds on that of the first alliance, which means they have about 95-99% of the words.
Also, despite what you've heard, I believe Bismuth only has about four, maybe five members total. Sorry, Paris.
Now THAT's a lie big enough to walk on its own, like they say where I come from. 99% of the words? Don't make me laugh.
Try making some posters.
I already made them some posters.
Not true. Be honest, you should know why.
I really am. I really don't know why. Well, I know WHY I'm being honest, I don't know what you're saying I should know about why I should be honest.
((I don't follow this, but is there like a summary of what has happened in Perplexicon? I only know that this started in some sort of arena... or not. And maybe I just don't feel like reading 350 pages backlog. Anyone?))
((Busy right now, but I'll make one if I have the time. Or you can try reading the ones in the 2 previous pages.))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:32:14 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: May 12, 2013, 01:40:32 pm »

Now THAT's a lie big enough to walk on its own, like they say where I come from. 99% of the words? Don't make me laugh.
We've been at it a while. Like, since way back when there were characters of the first generation in the Arena.
And 99% was an upper estimate. We certainly know enough to duplicate essentially any magical effect you say.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: May 12, 2013, 01:51:38 pm »

We've been at it a while. Like, since way back when there were characters of the first generation in the Arena.
And 99% was an upper estimate. We certainly know enough to duplicate essentially any magical effect you say.
MAKE A GIANT MONITOR LIZARD MADE OUT OF POISON GAS AND ALCOHOL THAT IS FIRED AS A BULLET OF A GATLING GUN OF GIANT MONITOR LIZARDS MADE OUT OF POISON GAS AND ALCOHOL.

IF POSSIBLE, MAKE A GATLING GUN THAT FIRES THE ABOVE GATLING GUNS.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 435