Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 952894 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5475 on: June 05, 2013, 06:38:21 pm »

Nah. Piracy sounds like too much of a care in and of itself.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: June 05, 2013, 07:12:09 pm »

I like piracy

I could always use a part time job
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: June 05, 2013, 08:47:46 pm »

I've got an idea of how to thoroughly test a pg 3 or 4 word, but it requires 7 pool. Perfect for someone WITH seven pool, of course, as they can do it in one turn.
Use a known element and the unknown word. Then a known shape and the same unknown word. And finally with both the same known element, the same known shape, and the same unknown word. 2,2,3, is 7 pool. If you have 8 pool (such as 4 pool over two turns), you can also do the same unknown word on it's own, but more than likely a pg 3 or 4 word is going to have no effect on it's own.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: June 05, 2013, 09:05:23 pm »

Or you could just say <flesh minion enchantment> and observe what special properties it has thus saving your pool.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: June 05, 2013, 09:19:53 pm »

But then you only know what it does on a whole being, not on what in particular it affects, or how much. But yes, I was thinking Flesh and Cat when writing that.

So let's say we're testing Con-thorbdalion (known to mean really thin, possibly also meaning really small). We'd use the phrases Con-thorbdalion, Karenthar Con-thorbdalion, Zzeralthonth Con-thorbdalion, and Karenthar Zzeralthonth Con-thorbdalion. We'd wind up with nothing, a small withered lump of flesh, an image of a starved cat, and a starved cat.
We'd definitely know what it did then, where as if we did it your way, we'd not know if it meant small, thin, dexterous, or something else along those lines.
The Cyan Menace

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: June 05, 2013, 10:07:26 pm »

I'm looking for ideas for my 7 pool, particularly with words I do not yet have. If anyone were to post here with their translations of words unknown words they'd like me to try, or maybe the raw words I'll see if any tickle my fancy.
Join Aether, we're working on filling in the last few gaps. Surely a Pool of 7 would also let us check for unseen interactions between words to reveal their true natures (read: "Let's stick half a dozen random words together and see what comes ut!")

Or maybe you could be a "consultant".
Thanks for the offer, I'm sorry to everyone who this is annoying for bringing this up, but if you could PM me with what you intend by "consultant" I would be grateful. Don't really want to join a team, not thus far anyway. I think the enthusiasm for teams has died. Quite some.
Or you could just say <flesh minion enchantment> and observe what special properties it has thus saving your pool.
Thanks! This is a great idea to save pool, I was a little disappointed that each page 4 word would need a material and shape too, but this should cut this down to "enchant in hand + page 4"!
More complex interactions would obviously need more fleshed out sentences but this will help. Thanks.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: June 05, 2013, 10:09:26 pm »

If you said conthorbdalion flesh cat and got a skinny cat theres not really many things it could be.

Wed know it wouldnt be small because we already know that word, or at least i do.
Any dexterity bonus would be easily determined by having the cat perform a dextrous action.
And its obviously thin so it definately means something along those lines.

My way would test two words per turn instead of one without any added difficulty to discovering the words meaning.

And bigfoot just ninjad in and one upped me on efficiency :(

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: June 05, 2013, 10:16:29 pm »

I'm looking for ideas for my 7 pool, particularly with words I do not yet have. If anyone were to post here with their translations of words unknown words they'd like me to try, or maybe the raw words I'll see if any tickle my fancy.
Join Aether, we're working on filling in the last few gaps. Surely a Pool of 7 would also let us check for unseen interactions between words to reveal their true natures (read: "Let's stick half a dozen random words together and see what comes ut!")

Or maybe you could be a "consultant".
Thanks for the offer, I'm sorry to everyone who this is annoying for bringing this up, but if you could PM me with what you intend by "consultant" I would be grateful. Don't really want to join a team, not thus far anyway. I think the enthusiasm for teams has died. Quite some.
Someone who takes jobs from either side.

If you said conthorbdalion flesh cat and got a skinny cat theres not really many things it could be.
Wed know it wouldnt be small because we already know that word, or at least i do.
Any dexterity bonus would be easily determined by having the cat perform a dextrous action.
And its obviously thin so it definately means something along those lines.
My way would test two words per turn instead of one without any added difficulty to discovering the words meaning.
And bigfoot just ninjad in and one upped me on efficiency :(
Indeed. (Hence my method of testing words.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: June 05, 2013, 10:19:16 pm »

Efficiency, yes. Consistency, no. But, my way using Prof Bigf00t's strategem could save on mana AND eliminate other possibilities (You just need to summon 2 test subjects (1 material, 1 material-shape), then subject them to a new word each turn (See if holding one in each hand lets you enchant both at once, cutting this down by half again)). Since tattoos replace other tattoos, you'd only see the final effect after trying.
Compromise, it's a wonderful thing. And even I can do this test each turn. Woot!

Speaking of consulting, neither team has redeemed much of what I offered yet. If I happen to post before they try to cash in, I'll gladly change my action for the turn or use my next turn if it's not possible (due to combat or the other team already calling in favors that turn).
The Cyan Menace

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: June 05, 2013, 10:27:09 pm »

Efficiency, yes. Consistency, no. But, my way using Prof Bigf00t's strategem could save on mana AND eliminate other possibilities (You just need to summon 2 test subjects (1 material, 1 material-shape), then subject them to a new word each turn (See if holding one in each hand lets you enchant both at once, cutting this down by half again)). Since tattoos replace other tattoos, you'd only see the final effect after trying.
Compromise, it's a wonderful thing. And even I can do this test each turn. Woot!
Which stratagem?
Sig

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: June 05, 2013, 11:03:29 pm »

-snip-
I completely forgot about tattoos overwriting! Excellent.
If you used two more words when setting up (material-tiny + material-shape-tiny) then you could just hold them both in the same hand, cumbersome however.

There is a enchant in left hand, and in right hand word, so yea, if you used them at the same time, you would only have to say the P4 word once.
Assuming you have already set up (3 word cost):
EnchantLeft+EnchantRight+P4Word (3)
vs
Material+P4Word and Material+Shape+P4Word (5)

I like.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: June 06, 2013, 12:22:06 am »

Then during set-up you accidentally roll a 6+x on the material-shape-tiny, and create a Tigrex (See: Monster Hunter series) the size of your fist.  :P
The Cyan Menace

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: June 06, 2013, 12:23:58 am »

I would LOVE to have a pet Tigrex XD
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: June 06, 2013, 09:39:22 pm »

Problem is, the trend with MH monsters is that when they're made really big (like for event quests), their stamina, health, and attack increase proportionally, but the inverse is NOT true. That deviljho that only reaches your knee? Still has all the strength and health of that other one that towers over you.

Raising that guy as a pet might make you a Challenge Gamer.
The Cyan Menace

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: June 06, 2013, 11:06:08 pm »

That would be one hell of a companion though XD
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 435