Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 951153 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6481 on: September 05, 2013, 04:16:13 pm »

I AM TERRIBLE WITH DEADLINES.

So, not much has been happening.  The game has been on an intermittent hiatus for various reasons, which is why this is probably fairly sloppy- most of it happened a week or more ago.

Spoiler: Storyish (click to show/hide)

Bleh.  Not in a writing mood, but said I'd write something several days ago...

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6482 on: September 05, 2013, 04:25:23 pm »

I AM TERRIBLE WITH DEADLINES.

So, not much has been happening.  The game has been on an intermittent hiatus for various reasons, which is why this is probably fairly sloppy- most of it happened a week or more ago.

Spoiler: Storyish (click to show/hide)

Bleh.  Not in a writing mood, but said I'd write something several days ago...
Wow. Some of these players sure fail :P. I barely played three turns yet i find some of those errors kinda ridilicious. I guess its fun either ways, and that what matters after all :P
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: October 02, 2013, 01:30:46 pm »

Oooooh so THIS is where I got all of my publicity from xD  So, Syvarris, when do you get to tell them I finally figured out word combinations? Also this thread makes me want to murder unsuspecting people (not mocha) just for fun... I think I'll do that sometime.

Anywho I'm going to be keeping an eye on this thread so make sure I look good please.
(Also anyone who has any idea how to work the god powers granted by Nul-Sheal could I get some pointers? (That god was in your version right? ) I have control over "arcane energy")

EDIT: I think I just necrod this... Whoops
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:36:30 pm by Juppah »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: October 02, 2013, 01:34:40 pm »

Summon a lump of solid arcane energy
Manipulate tge fuck out of it.
? ? ?
Profit
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: October 02, 2013, 01:37:42 pm »

My problem seems to be with the "summon" part.  I don't even get a will roll.(as far as I can see)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: October 02, 2013, 01:41:17 pm »

Arcane energy is fairly fickle and temporary if not bound to a form.  You are creating some to begin with, right?  You can't just make it out of thin air.  If the same wordset is in use, it's Cainthalsaz.  If you just say that word, you may be able to grab it before it dissipates, but you'll probably have to bind it to a form first.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: October 02, 2013, 01:47:00 pm »

nul sheals control is like fabricating artificial diamonds, without a seed of the material you cant grow anything.

Listen to toaster, he was our most powerful player and now hosts the newest and best perplexicon game on this forum.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: October 02, 2013, 02:00:04 pm »

I am talking with Toaster :D *angelic choir descends* awesome. Cainthalsaz summons a black hole in this version :/ but thanks for the confirmation! (I wasn't sure wether i need a "seed" or not due to the fact that the other Shealite in our game could create lovecraftian horror portals out of thin air)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: October 02, 2013, 02:08:58 pm »

Thats because... ummm... no idea... but we discussed it in this thread when it first came up.

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: October 02, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »

Cool. That means I'll run into it when I continue my quest of actually reading all 433 pages of this thing.
I'm still in the arena though so it might take a while. The giant challenger dude finally appeared though ^_^

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: October 02, 2013, 02:25:02 pm »

Yeah, if he shuffled the words, you'll just have to find it on your own.  Don't worry- it sounds like the two most dangerous words are already known!

Look for a burst of multicolor energy that's not electricity.  It tends to blow stuff up, so be careful.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: October 02, 2013, 02:26:31 pm »

Last poge of page 427 is where syvarris mentions the guy getting eldritch control so yeah, its gonna be a while :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: October 02, 2013, 06:38:15 pm »

Don't worry- it sounds like the two most dangerous words are already known!
FTFY
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: October 02, 2013, 06:55:49 pm »

Okay guys I need a straight yes or no answer here (I don't want to meta game too much) but I need to know if the following message describes the word for change.

"Your dagger, which you're holding in your left hand, seems to glow and shift form a bit.  The effect seems very weak though, and after several seconds your dagger stops glowing and shifting and returns to it's original configuration."

The potency roll was 3
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435