Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 949341 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6495 on: October 02, 2013, 07:59:49 pm »

Depends on the kind of word you used. I'm guessing you used a targeting word and a form word? Or was it a targeting word and a special word?

I'd say you used the words that translate to "What-I'm-touching-with-my-left-hand <some kind of object>".
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:01:46 pm by Parisbre56 »

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: October 02, 2013, 08:28:37 pm »

Actually, it was said by someone who isn't me and he
1) probably doesn't  use combos yet
2) has a pool of 2 that was only drained by one point...

So I was thinking it was a single word.

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: October 02, 2013, 08:56:55 pm »

Oh and one last question. Each page of the book has a certain category of word right? For example page one will be raw materials (diamond, fire, dust that distorts things into geometric shapes) where as page 2 would be things to do with those materials (explode shoot foreword etc). It's just a guess but there seem to BSA few trends like that.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6498 on: October 02, 2013, 09:08:07 pm »

Oh, if it was a single word then that is a very fun (read: potentially dangerous to its user if misused) and powerful word, if it's the word I think. Play around with it for a bit if you know which one it is and you'll probably understand what it does and how to use it safely. Or just continue reading this thread until the point it begins being used, or the point where I reveal how to use it safely, if you feel like metagaming.

And yes, words have categories. And this forum has an edit button. No need to double post.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:13:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: October 02, 2013, 11:01:36 pm »

Okay cool, Imma try and figure it out myself. Thanks for the offer though!

P.S. Sorry for the double post I was having a derp moment

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6500 on: October 03, 2013, 01:08:41 am »

If he had 2 pool  he could have used two words and regenerated one pool by the end of the turn. Unless in special cases (Like being magic drained) you will never have 0 pool, thus he could have used a two word spell and still have one pool the next turn...
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: October 03, 2013, 12:30:04 pm »

That makes sense^^ but given the complexity of his spells I highly doubt he is using 2 word spells yet.

On another note if Syvarris doesn't show do you (guys)want me to try and post the turns here? It would just be copy-paste but then you would get to see all the fails (and achievements) that are happening. Just an idea.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6502 on: October 03, 2013, 01:28:40 pm »

That makes sense^^ but given the complexity of his spells I highly doubt he is using 2 word spells yet.

On another note if Syvarris doesn't show do you (guys)want me to try and post the turns here? It would just be copy-paste but then you would get to see all the fails (and achievements) that are happening. Just an idea.
If you want :P
Also a hint: I would recommend you to do ´´Wholebody (Enhanced if you know the word) Arcane-Energy``, then use will to make yourself better.
I recommend decreasing strenght and increase speed.
Arcane energy doesnt use strenght on rolls for attack (It just explodes the stuff it touches), just dexterity, and depending on the case, enemy endurance. (Not to avoid being blown, but to avoid bleeding out if you explode his arm), however decreasing strenght to much makes you vulnerable to blackholes. If you get some good speed and dexterity however, there are chances you blow up people before they can do something dangerous for you.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:31:50 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: October 03, 2013, 02:52:21 pm »

Huh.  I expected somebody to find this thread at some point, although I expected it to take a bit longer.  And there have been a few turns since I last updated, but I was procrastinating on posting them.  Now that JP has the thread, I probably won't start again.  Don't want him to get meta-knowledge.

And can you please stop telling him what stuff means?  I know it's tempting, but you're ruining their fun.  Half the point of the game is figuring stuff out.  Plus, if JP gets too much meta-knowledge, I'm just going to ban him from the game.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: October 03, 2013, 03:02:21 pm »

Huh.  I expected somebody to find this thread at some point, although I expected it to take a bit longer.  And there have been a few turns since I last updated, but I was procrastinating on posting them.  Now that JP has the thread, I probably won't start again.  Don't want him to get meta-knowledge.

And can you please stop telling him what stuff means?  I know it's tempting, but you're ruining their fun.  Half the point of the game is figuring stuff out.  Plus, if JP gets too much meta-knowledge, I'm just going to ban him from the game.

That's a bit of a good point. I remember the beginning of Perplexicon, when nobody knew anything. A blind run of Perplexicon happens only once per group, so you have to treasure it.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6505 on: October 03, 2013, 03:27:29 pm »

I didnt tell him any meaning, we dont even know the words in your game O_O. Atleast we didnt tell him that one thing you were to lazy to fix.

Juppah

• Bay Watcher
  • OH. YEAH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: October 03, 2013, 03:52:48 pm »

Oh dear. I wasn't metagaming THAT much was I? The only thing they did was give me a few pointers on how to use my god powers...
Also if it ruins everyone's fun I  just won't look here anymore. So you could keep posting if  you want (I can't let my genius go unrecognized :p)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: October 03, 2013, 10:05:06 pm »

Oh dear. I wasn't metagaming THAT much was I? The only thing they did was give me a few pointers on how to use my god powers...
Also if it ruins everyone's fun I  just won't look here anymore. So you could keep posting if  you want (I can't let my genius go unrecognized :p)
Nothing wrong with using this thread for advice. Especially if you share the link.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PurplePandaBear

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: December 23, 2013, 10:46:46 pm »

Does anyone think they could write me up a small guide and pm it to me? I would like to play this with a group of friends!
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435