Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 952415 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

"That's my new drinking buddy you're pointing at!"

Back away from Derm, preferably out of standard single-word range, and use Spell while shooting him a venomous glare..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:14:04 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile

PTW
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Susan says karenthar gonteli and then uristrast while pointing at the helmet (assuming the helmet spell worked). This should make a "bowl" of booze, right?

next I'll try to figure out how to spawn tiny people so I that can make them swim in booze. It would be like a tiny pool party!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 12:17:50 am by satan »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

fushalieal karenthar caoncarthel?

As soon as I find out the word for booze, I'm getting my cat drunk.
I believe that Possibly has given this one out as a freeby. Although if you want to guess it yourself, I'll give you a hint. It's got the word 'Urist' in it.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

fushalieal karenthar caoncarthel?

As soon as I find out the word for booze, I'm getting my cat drunk.
I believe that Possibly has given this one out as a freeby. Although if you want to guess it yourself, I'll give you a hint. It's got the word 'Urist' in it.
Ah! Wonderful. Do we have the word for cloth? I'd like to try and make a backpack.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 12:19:46 am by satan »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Poor Derm.  Here one turn and already people are trying to grenade him.

Hmmm... I'll have to remember that one.  Got something I want to try it with.

Swing staff around experimentally.  Point it at a pillar and try to make it shoot lightning.  Command my thunderball to float a couple feet over my head (where I could jump up and grab it.)
You swing the staff and then point it at one of the pillars.
[will:3]
A small electrical discharge, the sort of thing you'd expect from a taser, leaps from the end of the staff to the pillar. Well...that's kinda disappointing. You try to get your Thunderball to come from across the level over to you and float in the air.
[will:5]
The ball all the way on the other side of the level lifts into the air and shoots across the room over to you, stopping on a dime a few feet above your head.

"Better."

Head to the east stairs, greet Selende.
You walk over to the east stairs and wave to Selende. 

Susan says karenthar gonteli and then uristrast while pointing at the helmet (assuming the helmet spell worked). This should make a "bowl" of booze, right?
[pot:6+1]
The helmet that you get  resembles a motorcycle helmet in a way, made to cover your whole head and face with a pair of round, clear lenses over the eyes. Bone plates line it like the plates of an armadillo  and breathing ventricles over the mouth suck in air and pump it into the space inside. It seems very much  alive.

You set it down, balance it upright, and use the next word.

[pot:3+1]

A large quantity of alcohol appears in front of you, not where you're pointing but still close enough to the helmet that you get some into it when the liquid all crashes to the ground a moment later.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE!!!!!

I have wanted a drink for so long.... my throat feels like sandpaper.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE!!!"

Forget Derm, drink booze! Say word. You know the drill if he gets too close though, booze is flammable.

((Thank you so much for including a word for alcohol. I am so very happy. Now to make a container....

This is one word I will not keep zealously guarded. No denizen of Bay12 should go without booze.

Uristrast.

Now get stupid in my name!))
Point at Hydrus, say Skadoosh.
sigh and stop trying to grenade people, execute plan b
"That's my new drinking buddy you're pointing at!"

Back away from Derm, preferably out of standard single-word range, and use Spell while shooting him a venomous glare..

[Derm:6-1]
[Possibly:1]
[waldo:2+1]
[hydrus dex:5]

Derm and Hydrus both draw their proverbial magic guns at the same time, speaking their words in unison.
[derm pot:2+2]
[hydrus pot:4+1]
[hydrus dex (for aim):4]

Derm's arcane vocabulary manages to summon up a shimmering image of a spear. It proves less then helpful for murder. Hydrus' words are a fair deal more potent. A pair of twisting black tendrils coated in a corrosive green fog explode from Hydrus' eyes and streak a good 20 feet or so directly into Derm's chest.

[Derm end:4]

The tendrils pierce Derm's chest and his flesh rots on contact. He collapses to the ground, unconscious, a spreading crater of liquifying tissue spreading across his upper body.

In the mean time, high on his perch, Waldo hands a grenade fruit to his Green Man and commands him off toward Hydrus, Possibly and the quickly expiring Derm. The magical construct of plantmatter and homicidal intent climbs down the west stairs and runs across the third level until it reaches the south stairs and hurls the fruit at the men.
[greenman dex:5]
[green man str:2]
His aim is spot on but his force is lacking and the fruit detonates into a spasming hell of thorns a good distance away from the three men.

Possibly, for his part, spends his time licking alcohol off the ground.

Derm:Derm: Pool:1/1 (Dying: 1 turn left. Unconcious) [third floor, south west]

Phil:Greatwyrmgold: pool:1/1 [fourth floor,East stairs]

Selande:KineseN: Pool: 2/4 (Silver lump on one finger.) [fourth floor, East stairs]

Possibly:Onyxjew: Pool:2/2 (some cloth,flesh staff. right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [third floor, south east area]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:2/4 [first floor,south east side]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:3/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[Fourth floor, South area]

Hydrus:Wwolin: Pool:1/2  [third floor, south east area]

Waldo(8): Unholy_pariah: Pool:2/5 (plant staff, 2 grenade fruits, limping. Green man.) [Fourth floor, West stairs.] 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Thing...too late...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

... riiiight.

So hey, guys? No hard feeling right? Just putting on a light show riiight?

Guys?

Attempt to not die.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Hm.  I need more pool, but I think I've agreed to too many cease fires and non-aggression pacts.  I could just use my dex bonus to kill steal, but where's the fun in that?

Now for SCIENCE!

Execute Plan 9 from Outer Space!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"cycallozion karenthar!", says susan while shoving booze down her cat's throat.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

plan C -.-
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

"Damn. I never knew that my venomous looks could be quite so... venomous. Hey, Possibly, can you get that plant for me? We'll have plenty of time to get drunk later, but we've gotta survive that long first."

Lounge around. Use Word if I'm attacked, or if someone tries to steal my kill.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 01:22:20 am by Wwolin »

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

"I think we should give Derm's life to Phil. He does need the Pool. And yeah, I'll get right on it. Sick little plant-f*cker is gonna pay for making me wait even longer for my hooch."

Look over to Greenman, say Words. If Greenman lobs another fruit at me, don't dodge. Knock it back with my black shaft.

((What say you we kill Poison Ivy now? He did just assault us.

BATTER UP!))
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:46:09 am by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I wish I could reach him in time,but he's running out of time. If someone stabilizes him, maybe I could finish him off.
Who's Poison Ivy? Other than a Batman villain, of course...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

((Poison Ivy is Waldo. He has the amazing power of plants at his disposal.))
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 435