Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958633 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Death from above.
« Reply #180 on: November 30, 2012, 04:45:05 pm »

((Oh, question- if we add to Channeling, does that increase the current and maximum value of the pool by one or just the maximum?  I want Potency regardless.))
Just increase the maximum.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:47:09 pm by piecewise »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2012, 04:48:52 pm »

"Eeep!"

Fearfully jumping away after John's other arm transformed, Sanya caught herself and looked back.
"D-Do you... want my help? I can't do anything a-about your arm, but..."

Timidly, Sanya crept closer to John, hanging low to the ground.
"Don't worry, you do what you want to, I'll help keep them away... I hope..."

Calm my mind, look off of the bridge I am on, and scout out the source of the crystal attack.
Point at him and pull one arm back just like an archer with a bow, and shout Magic Words while releasing the imaginary string.

"I-I think it will be better if... you know, we... stick together? I won't last long on my own..."

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2012, 04:52:29 pm »

Sorry Greatwyrmgold, looks like Toaster ganked you. On the plus side you now hold the award for quickest death.
Yeah, not an award I was hoping for. I didn't last long the first time, either...

I'll try again, as Phillip Anthony Thropist.
Spoiler: Phil (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:05:40 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2012, 05:08:56 pm »

((Would you look at that, yellow again.))
Lepus suddenly finds himself surrounded by screaming and holding a book. "Ughh, the moment I wake up, something bad has to happen to me, doesn't it? Where the hell even am I? And what's up with this book?" Lepus opens the book and sees Property of Ferin Lepus written on the front cover. "What even is this rubbish? It's just full of random words and pictures of angry men pointing at each other. Wait a sec, some of these are circled... let's see, we've got lightning, poison, movement, and something about a tingly left arm. And apparently I need to shout this stuff at people like some sort of Jehova's Witness. Well, it's better than nothing. Wait a sec! Is that little girl being attacked? What the hell is wrong with all of these people? Who in their right mind would try to kill a child?"

If anyone tries to approach me with hostile intentions, do Spell A. If not, then blast anyone who tries to attack Sanya with Spell B. If nobody attacks me or Sanya, then say Nifty Single Word.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:19:59 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 30, 2012, 05:10:32 pm »

I'm having trouble looking at it, actually. Could you at least give it a darker glow?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2012, 05:17:21 pm »

"Time to up the ante, here's to hoping I don't kill myself...."

Wave my hands in small circles around an area in front of me. Say Genericia.

((Here's to hoping complicated magic doesn't end in a puddle of Possibly. Anyone feel like an alliance?))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2012, 05:25:23 pm »

((Sure. Once I respawn.))
Sig

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 30, 2012, 05:30:58 pm »

((Just noticed, zero strength and zero potency? How do you plan to fight? Not like it's important, but I'm curious.))
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2012, 05:49:09 pm »

((Yeah, endurance is utterly marginal in survival. If you overshoot on endurance, you die anyway in most situations. In this game, the best method of survival is to kill every other person before they can kill you.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2012, 05:52:53 pm »

((End rolls can potentially save you when you would otherwise die, so they're not useless.

I would still theorize that killing everyone else before they kill you is the better solution, though.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2012, 06:00:43 pm »

((Well, having a bonus to endurance rolls means that from 1,2,3,6=death you go to 1,2,5,6=death. And the game uses the chunky salsa damage system, so endurance will pretty much never save you if you are hit with a double-garstorpit or something of that sort. Endurance mostly decides how long you keep going before you die, rather than if you die at all.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2012, 06:04:52 pm »

((I survive a double-garstorpit and would of killed you if my spell didn't backfire

also got a few overshot and the worst that happen was puking up the remain of the spell))
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:07:16 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2012, 06:05:52 pm »

((Just noticed, zero strength and zero potency? How do you plan to fight? Not like it's important, but I'm curious.))
((By not dying. Right now, that's my main goal. Maybe drop a rock on someone.))

((Yeah, endurance is utterly marginal in survival. If you overshoot on endurance, you die anyway in most situations. In this game, the best method of survival is to kill every other person before they can kill you.))
((Since they're just replaced as fast as they die, futile. Still, lowering endurance.))

Sig

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2012, 06:12:09 pm »

((By not dying. Right now, that's my main goal. Maybe drop a rock on someone.))

((Since they're just replaced as fast as they die, futile. Still, lowering endurance.))

Probably a good choice on that one. Dodging seems to be the only good idea so far. Everything else is useless via the infinite combatants and the chunky salsa.
Greater Collection

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 30, 2012, 06:32:26 pm »

"AAAAGH NOT AGAIN! THIS SUUUUUCKS!"

John ignores the other person and attempts to NOT DIE.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 435