Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 950907 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #630 on: December 11, 2012, 06:33:59 pm »

Get by with a little help from my friends. Try to wake up. If I do wake up, use my Spell from Hell on Thrakor.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #631 on: December 11, 2012, 06:37:22 pm »

Oblivious to the current situation Selande points at the pillar and shouts "Zaralo Gars".

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 11, 2012, 06:41:17 pm »

"Wait, why the hell did we do that whole scheme to make it look like an accident if you're going to consider it a direct attack?! These game mechanics...."

Shake head, slap allies face with meaty flesh sack nearby. Then sit down in a corner and Words. Unless ally attacks. In which case aid ally in, possibly ill-fated, assault. With Words.

((Same question as above, we could have just bumrushed him, and twin blasts of molten rock would have worked just as well. Probably better, the odds of a dramatic failure by me are one in six, odds of success by me are four in six. Odds of success by ally are three in six, odds of failure by ally are two in six. Odds of failing to kill him by both of us are one in eighteen! Why the hell didn't we just turn him into a human-cicle?!

I really need a drink.....))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 11, 2012, 06:51:00 pm »

the Waldo Woods must not be defiled by such murderous intentions cast my spell and then command the plants around the edges of my holy sanctum to grow into  great thorny barricade.

thy muderous intention will not be tolerated near my holy sanctum ye murderous brigands, be away from here post haste.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:56:07 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 11, 2012, 06:56:22 pm »

the Waldo Woods must not be defiled by such murderous intentions commence operation "woodland warrior"

get away from my holy sanctum ye murderous brigands.

"Are ye' kiddin' me? I was here first ye' bloomin' hippie! Ah was prolly gonna burn the damn thing down in some screw up. Yer funeral. Who in their right mind would make a forest next to a bunch of spell-flingers with a word for fire?!"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:58:38 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 11, 2012, 07:03:01 pm »

"Hey, stop fighting!"

...I'm probably not anywhere near you...

HEY, OBI-WAN...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 11, 2012, 07:17:47 pm »

Alexander will move even further down, to the first floor.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 11, 2012, 07:47:09 pm »

the Waldo Woods must not be defiled by such murderous intentions commence operation "woodland warrior"

get away from my holy sanctum ye murderous brigands.

"Are ye' kiddin' me? I was here first ye' bloomin' hippie! Ah was prolly gonna burn the damn thing down in some screw up. Yer funeral. Who in their right mind would make a forest next to a bunch of spell-flingers with a word for fire?!"

exactly my point... your combat will put my sacred forest with its delicious mystery fruits in great peril... so i must defend it by forming thorny walls and throwing spells around to force you to take your fight down below. if your fight vacates the area i will not pursue you, so you may wish to throw thrakor down the stairs and kill him there.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:49:25 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 11, 2012, 08:02:37 pm »

Wait, when did a forest happen?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 11, 2012, 08:05:29 pm »

its  work in progress that i started over the past 2 turns

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 11, 2012, 08:06:55 pm »

exactly my point... your combat will put my sacred forest with its delicious mystery fruits in great peril... so i must defend it by forming thorny walls and throwing spells around to force you to take your fight down below. if your fight vacates the area i will not pursue you, so you may wish to throw thrakor down the stairs and kill him there.

((Considering another IC response would be more blind insults, I'll use the magic double parentheses.

You realize it would be painfully easy to just kill you and take my lab back, right? You are standing in the center of a small forest. I am a living flamethrower. A good idea would probably be to move away from the increasingly angry Scottish drunk that is gradually becoming something truly dangerous; sober.

Bonus Soul-Crushing: Knowing Bay12, unless you roll well on your eating check, you will find that those mystery fruits not only taste terrible, they set your innards on fire and kill your family.

I really need a drink...

I think that time... both me and my character were thinking in sync.))
Greater Collection

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #641 on: December 11, 2012, 08:26:17 pm »

We're waiting for Toaster by the way. I think it only fair since he's kind of in a conflict right now.

As per that forest-well, less forest, more field, no trees- it's not actually spread that far yet. If you imagine the circular ledge that is level 4 as a clock then Waldo is at 9 o'clock and is garden spreads from about halfway between 8 and 9 to halfway between 9 and 10. Possibly and Hydrus are at roughly the middle ground between 10 and 11 and thrakor is at the middle ground between 1 and 2. So  Possibly isn't in the garden yet, though he is close.

When Hydrus and Possibly attacked thrakor they moved to about 12 so they could get a clear shot with  solid ground under it the whole way and then retreated back to where they had started after their attack failed. Or at least thats how I've ran it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 11, 2012, 09:00:23 pm »

its  work in progress that i started over the past 2 turns
Oh.
Okay then.

Could we get players listed next to characters, so I know who the heck I'm talking to and what he's doing? Or at least characters and players listed next to each other somewhere?
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 11, 2012, 09:03:00 pm »

((Considering another IC response would be more blind insults, I'll use the magic double parentheses.

You realize it would be painfully easy to just kill you and take my lab back, right? You are standing in the center of a small forest. I am a living flamethrower. A good idea would probably be to move away from the increasingly angry Scottish drunk that is gradually becoming something truly dangerous; sober.

Bonus Soul-Crushing: Knowing Bay12, unless you roll well on your eating check, you will find that those mystery fruits not only taste terrible, they set your innards on fire and kill your family.

I really need a drink...

your lab is the northwest corner and ive been trying every turn to move south so thats a non-issue as i can just force my garden to grow south, and with the living flomethrower thing...
A) the forest is just a plain at the moment with a few small plants and hte grass is green, therefore only the spots you burn will catch fire and then die off
B) thrakor will probably attack you in revenge so you will need to defend yourself against him.

also i already thought of your soul cushing bonus...

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 11, 2012, 09:13:34 pm »

I really need a drink...

your lab is the northwest corner and ive been trying every turn to move south so thats a non-issue as i can just force my garden to grow south, and with the living flomethrower thing...
A) the forest is just a plain at the moment with a few small plants and hte grass is green, therefore only the spots you burn will catch fire and then die off
B) thrakor will probably attack you in revenge so you will need to defend yourself against him.

also i already thought of your soul cushing bonus...

I think I'll stop here. Whenever I get into what I think I can do, I over-inflate my ego to the point of a killing-spree that never happens. Normally ending in a karmatic one which leads to my inevitable downfall. You keep your forest/plain/living patch of plant growing away from me, and it won't explode in flame/ice/salt; probably.

I'll keep my science in my corner, you keep your... not writing that again, in your three-quarters of the map.

So long as no vines try to steal my lucky charms, and I don't get the bright idea of fermenting your fruit into alcohol, we should be fine.
Greater Collection
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 435