Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 951319 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"Oi!  You sumbitch!  Fix my mace!"

Attempt to activate the symbols.  See if they will both activate and deactivate by will.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Listen for more words.
Spoiler: known words (click to show/hide)
Unfortunately you don't hear anyone say anything. Damn whispering mages.

"Well, I now have deadly flubber."

Words, beautiful Words. Pick up that blob, or at least move it somewhere. Keep it in existence. I like this blob.

((I feel the urge to throw my blob of crystalline death at someone.))
[pot:2+1]

You say your word.  A small silvery lump appears near by. You go to pick it up with your living steel arm and the lump jumps to it.

"Huh, magnetic."

You shrug and move over to your giant glob of blue goo. Moving this is gonna be hard...there is a heck of a lot of it and it's not like it's gonna stay in one piece. You shrug and try to scoop some up with your left hand, recoiling in pain a moment later. The goo sliced up your skin like powdered glass. You shake your cut fingers and start picking the goo up with your metal hand, moving it against the wall one handful at a time. This is gonna take a while.

Susan says a few words. This should give her a decent weapon in case she needs to fight.

She licks the cat's nosey while waiting to see what will happen.

You lick the cat's nose. It squints at you and shakes its head before licking it's front leg and then rolling over.

You shrug and give another few words a try.
[pot:3+1]
A twisting, living tattoo appears on your left hand with two symbols contained in the circle on your palm.

((well... I should probably hand over my staff to thrakor like i promised i would...))

use plant staff to make a gate in my thronwall on the north side, say words for sciency reasons.
[will:5]

You point your staff at the wall of thorns and command it to open. It parts before you like a particularly nasty sea before a particularly silly, Poison Ivy-ish  Moses.

Once thats done, you try a few words.
[pot:4+1]

The ground in front of you rumbles as a great upwelling plant matter -vines, wood, flowers, grass and moss- solidifies in front of you and begins to take human shape. The being that forms is six an a half feet tall, broadly muscled with sinuous vines and thick ironwood bones. It's face is an unformed mask of dark bark with a faint green glow leaking out from behind it.

The Greenman stands in front of you, staring eyelessly at you, seemingly waiting for something.

"Damn, I overdid it, didn't I? Well, nothing to do but wait now. Maybe I'll find a way to get strong enough to use this later."

Wait around by the big mace.
You sit down on the handle of the big mace and wait. You're just too awesome for your own good.

"Oi!  You sumbitch!  Fix my mace!"

Attempt to activate the symbols.  See if they will both activate and deactivate by will.

You think about activating the mark on your chest. It glows brightly as an enormous pair of strange, fleshy wings sprout from your back. They're odd things, like human hands with massively elongated fingers and a thin skin between them. You give them a few cautious flaps and lift yourself  a foot off the ground.

"Huston, we have lift off." You say with a grin.

You let yourself land and then concentrate on deactivating the marking. The glow fades as the wings collapse back down, folding and vanishing into the flesh of your back. The mark, however, remains.

Talos:spinal_tapper: Pool:4/4 [second floor, North stairs]

Phil:Greatwyrmgold: pool:1/1 [fourth floor,North stairs]

Selande:KineseN: Pool: 2/4 [fourth floor, north stairs]

Possibly:Onyxjew: Pool:1/2 (some cloth,flesh staff. right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [third floor, south east area]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:1/4 [first floor,south east side]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:2/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Lightning Great Morning star. Torso marked.)[Fourth floor, North stairs]

Hydrus:Wwolin: Pool:2/2  [third floor, south east area]

Waldo(8): Unholy_pariah: Pool:1/5 (plant staff, 4 grenade fruits, limping. Green man.) [Fourth floor, West stairs.] 

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Patrol up and down the stairs, listening for any words. Say Karenthar Zzeralthonth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16FdJrrAWSo

Activate the wings and practice flying.  Fly around the west side of the top floor no more than a couple feet off the ground.  If no troubles, fly up to the fifth level, look at the ceiling, and fly back down and land.  Deactivate.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

"So, I need a strength spell. Or maybe just a lighter weapon. Hell, who am I kidding? I'm just going to do science."

Say word, while focusing on the mega-mace.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

politely ask Urist mcSpriggan to defend the west stairs from hostile incursion then walk over to thrakor and hand him the thundershard staff.

uuuh greetings mr plant man sir, would thou be so kind as to defend these woods from those who would do them harm there are several mages below us with the power to summon fire upon thee and the stuff i used to make thee
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Susan licks the cat's nose again while waiting for her mana to regenerate.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Um...what are my stats? Maybe a place to put everyone's stats in the OP would be a good idea?))

Point. Say word.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Move away slowly from the lion without grabbing unwanted attention. Move towards the east stairs.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

"Magnets? I have a metal arm... possibilities! But still no booze..."

Continue moving my slime, with metal arm.

Edit: Throw about a single fist-full of slime at the human humunculous downstairs.

((I knew it! I now have an Anti-personel weapon. Wondrous.))
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:14:42 am by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Also accept any cool electric staves given to me.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Waitlist?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Patrol up and down the stairs, listening for any words. Say Karenthar Zzeralthonth.
You climb from the second floor to the third  are about to head to the fourth when You hear a rather discouraging roaring sound coming from up there. You decide not to go up stairs. Instead, you stay on the third floor and try another 2 of the three words you know.

[pot:1]
[end:1 -1]

Your lungs become kittens. This proves very unhelpful to your prospects of living.

[Talos Kittened himself  and is dead]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16FdJrrAWSo

Activate the wings and practice flying.  Fly around the west side of the top floor no more than a couple feet off the ground.  If no troubles, fly up to the fifth level, look at the ceiling, and fly back down and land.  Deactivate.
You  activate the mark on your chest and proceed to fly far away from the Winged lion by the north stairs and across the fourth level. You stop by Waldo's forest to grab the staff he made for you -you dropped the mace before you tried to fly- before you continue on.  Once you're sure of yourself you take off in earnest, flying up to the scattered plateaus of the 5th level. You land on one of the stones and look at the ceiling. It's comprised entirely, as far as you can see, of luminescent crystals, the light source for the whole pit. They look similar to the crystals you've summoned before, but not the same: their colors are varied and much brighter.

"So, I need a strength spell. Or maybe just a lighter weapon. Hell, who am I kidding? I'm just going to do science."

Say word, while focusing on the mega-mace.
[pot:6+1]

You see a shimmering phantom image of a fish, which vanishes a moment later.

politely ask Urist mcSpriggan to defend the west stairs from hostile incursion then walk over to thrakor and hand him the thundershard staff.

uuuh greetings mr plant man sir, would thou be so kind as to defend these woods from those who would do them harm there are several mages below us with the power to summon fire upon thee and the stuff i used to make thee

The Greenman nods slowly and walks to the west stairs, taking up a position there. You start to walk to Thrakor when he just flies in from overhead and grabs the staff from you. Oh, well, thats helpful.

Susan licks the cat's nose again while waiting for her mana to regenerate.
You lick your cat. It makes cat noises and rolls onto it's back.

((Um...what are my stats? Maybe a place to put everyone's stats in the OP would be a good idea?))

Point. Say word.
You sneak up behind Selande and say your word.

[pot:2]
A small lump of silver materializes on her left hand, although she seems a bit too busy with the whole "Winged lion"thing to worry about that...actually, come to think of it, perhaps you should be busy with that whole winged lion thing too, because it's looking at you now.

Move away slowly from the lion without grabbing unwanted attention. Move towards the east stairs.
You back away slowly from the lion, hands raised, as it growls at you. Luckily, as you circle toward the east, it seems to become interested in the guy who was standing behind you instead. You quickly skitter away to the East stairs and finally find the time to question the little lump of silver clinging to one of your fingers.

"Magnets? I have a metal arm... possibilities! But still no booze..."

Continue moving my slime, with metal arm.

Edit: Throw about a single fist-full of slime at the human humunculous downstairs.

((I knew it! I now have an Anti-personel weapon. Wondrous.))
You grab some of your goo and prepare to huck it down at the homunculus down stairs, but find that he is sitting behind one of the pillars making up the gazebo and that hitting him would require repositioning yourself.

You shrug and continue moving your glop. You have about half of it stored away against the wall now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Waitlist?

Gotcha.

DERM appears on the third floor, beside the West Stairs.

Derm:Derm: Pool:1/1 [third floor, west stairs]

Phil:Greatwyrmgold: pool:1/1 [fourth floor,North stairs]

Selande:KineseN: Pool: 3/4 (Silver lump on one finger.) [fourth floor, East stairs]

Possibly:Onyxjew: Pool:2/2 (some cloth,flesh staff. right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [third floor, south east area]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:2/4 [first floor,south east side]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:3/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[Fifth floor, South area]

Hydrus:Wwolin: Pool:2/2  [third floor, south east area]

Waldo(8): Unholy_pariah: Pool:2/5 (plant staff, 4 grenade fruits, limping. Green man.) [Fourth floor, West stairs.] 

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Derm looked around. He looked at the book.

"Well. This is new."

Walk in a random direction and try to find someone.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Hmmm I think he said flesh cats/cats of flesh, would could have been useful if he didn't turn his lungs into kittens... at least someone else can use special cats/cylinders)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 435